4 years to do wtf he wants?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by TheApprentice, Dec 18, 2012.

1. teamster6

teamster6 A Fat Sticky Bud

The whole thing is worsened by the media. They just keep airing the new town thing back and forth and the familys of the kids have requested to be left alone and yet they keep bashing it. The more this goes on the more copy cats will enter. Banning fuckin bushmasters and the like is not gonna keep the kids safe in school.

Today its a bushmaster tomorrow it will be a pistol or shotgun or a 22 rifle.

Everybody badmouths the NRA saying they need armed police in the schools. YOU BETTER BELIEVE IT!!!! Because its gonna be a uncontrolled weapon that commits the next school slaying unless there is somebody to protect the kids and you can count on it.

They are sitting ducks with nowhere to hide from a attacker.

Like the NRA said the only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun!!!

t6

2. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

I was going to point out about the full auto also. Almost impossible to own and if you do, you worked and jumped through enough hoops to know better. All I know is that there isn't anybody that can just leave with my guns without my knowledge or showing them where they are and where the ammo is. People must be responsible for their own actions. We must get back to that. It isn't anyone else's fault but the person or persons that commit these kind of acts. Nobody else should have to suffer the consequences of madmen.

3. blackprince11

blackprince11 Prince of the Hindu Kush

Yes but gravity didn't conspire to kill you, it just happened. A person must make a conscious decision to kill before it happens. And if gravity did conspire to kill you then that's just one more argument for guns. Maybe all those cowboys shooting into the air back in the wild west knew something we don't! lol!

4. teamster6

teamster6 A Fat Sticky Bud

Well the good ole boys in Congress cant even manage the government so how in the fuck do you think they are going to control guns. What a fuckin joke.

JUst for a little info the last 94 law they had on the books bypassed several weapons that were as deadly as the bushmaster.

Here is the Rugar mini 14 and it has been out ever since the 1970 era. Now if you look on the books magazines over 10 can be purchased in 20, 30 and 40 rounds as long as they were manufactured prior to the 94 law.

Its the same caliber as the bushmaster 223. Ya think your going to stop a guy with one of these are you kidding me

[YOUTUBE]ej39umHaB08[/YOUTUBE]

5. blackprince11

Damn! I was re-reading my post and thinking to myself "wait a minute..."

I didn't mean full auto. You're right there's mad paperwork involved with owning one of those. My bad.

It would be more accurate to state that guns that are used in war should not be available to civilians. That's a more acurate statement of my opinion.

6. AlienBait

AlienBait Custom User Title

Ban guns all you want. Soon the price of 3-D printers will be cheap enough where people can make their own guns at home. Just like some people here may be growing their own marijunana at home even though it is illegal.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/technology/micwright/100007925/making-guns-in-your-garage-how-3d-printers-will-revolutionise-the-manufacture-of-deadly-weapons/#disqus_thread

7. blackprince11

By the time that technology really exists we probably will be beaming up to Scotty and be much more enlightened. We will probably be making food replicators rather than weapon replicators at that point.

Edit: Whoa dude! Really! We have freggin replicators now? Inorganic replicators but replicators none the less! FUCK YEAH! Is that website really REAL? Or is it like a Onion News Network type of thing?

8. AlienBait

AlienBait Custom User Title

The technology already exists. It's just too expensive. It's much cheaper to just go buy a gun. I'm just saying, if guns are banned, some one will be printing up guns in his/her basement and selling them to bad guys.

9. blackprince11

What's next? Sharks with freggin lazer beams attached to their heads?

10. Hank Chinaski

Hank Chinaski Ruminating

Your analogy is not appropriate for reasons I've already mentioned. Guns are meant to create deadly force, cars are meant for transportation. Two very different things.

I never said they could. That kind of statement is right in line with the "guns don't kill people..." logic and it completely misses the point as usual. Guns are a force multiplier that allow any person regardless of physical strength to commit mass murder as easily as going to the store to buy a microwave burrito. They need to be restricted and controlled to a much larger degree.
    Are you seriously trying to say that making a gun is as easy as growing a plant? Seriously?

Sure, some people can make guns, obviously. The difference, as I've stated so many times (it's like I'm talking to myself) is availability. Obtaining a gun in America currently is a bit easier than actually having to make one yourself. The vast majority of people who buys guns couldn't or wouldn't go to the effort of actually making their own. It's unbelievable pro-gunners actually suggest they would.

I wonder what the difference in output would be between all the gun manufacturers cranking out guns in the country today and a few guys in their basements?

:deadhorse:

Just my opinion, but in the future I see America continuing it's decline as the country increasingly resembles a war zone, with the population armed to the teeth and the police becoming more and more like the army and special forces.

Here's a start.

NRA calls for armed school guards as U.S. mourns massacre

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/12/21/us-usa-shooting-connecticut-idUSBRE8BI1BV20121221

This is not how a healthy, balanced, well-functioning society looks, but it's what you wanted, so enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2012
  11. Hank Chinaski

Hank Chinaski Ruminating

The solution to gun violence is clear.

Announcing Wednesday that he would send proposals on reducing gun violence in America to Congress, President Obama mentioned a number of sensible gun-control measures....

http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2012-12-19/opinions/35929057_1_gun-violence-gun-ownership-tough-gun-laws

And another decent article.

Things Can Change

A century ago, there were forms of brutal violence considered so thoroughly American that they could never be banished. Today, they no longer exist.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/history/2012/12/newtown_shooting_gun_violence_may_seem_ineradicable_but_history_suggests.html

And a rather disturbing article.

Gun enthusiasts pack shows to buy assault weapons

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/12/22/us-usa-gun-shows-idUSBRE8BL0DP20121222

I find it rather sickening that the massacre of children is good for business. Gun dealers around the country are seeing big dollars these days, it seems.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2012
  12. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

Hank I aint going to go tit for tat so i dont get in trouble, but i assure you don't know what you are talking about...not a clue on this one.

i dont think you remotely understand that shooting is hobby, sport and also to kill.

"lets ban martial arts, fencing, etc etc because i don't like them. i don't like them because I'm not good at them so no one should be able to do it. The man reason these things exist are to kill, and i don't like that"....that's what you sound like on this

for the record, people build guns themselves all the time...you ever heard of Barrett

clueless

13. Hank Chinaski

Hank Chinaski Ruminating

Sorry bud, but I'm far from clueless, and I've already mentioned sport shooting and hunting.

But, thanks for not repeating the same old pro-gun talking points yet again. I appreciate it.

:thumbsup:

14. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Hank- The article is to a real advancement as the "guns don't kill people" line is. It draws an unrelated parallel that ignores Second Amendment principles and issues of self defense for remote citizenry. Labor wars and class battles ARE NOT protected Constitutionally.

15. Hank Chinaski

Hank Chinaski Ruminating

I do think you are missing the point. The violence was seemingly impossible to stop. Many people thougt it was a natural, inevitable part of American society, but it wasn't. Neither is America's current gun problem, even with the 2nd amendment.

What America lacks is the will, not the answers, nor the ability. But, eventually people will tire of these kind of mass shootings every other month (undoubtedly, they will increase in frequency) and do something about them, instead of just wringing their hands and staring at their shoes.

16. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

no but you missed the comps or chose to ignore it because it doesn't fit your argument.

so are you a hypocrite?

or would you feel better if we outlawed martial arts, fencing, wrestling, anything that remotely resembles violence...so you can feel better? Those things are specifically designed to harm humans.

and still clueless as to what people can accomplish by themselves with a little bit of skills. Look at the homemade bombs and weapons in Iraq

BTW, you're on a forum where for most people that visit and belong it's illegal to grow pot correct? How's that working out in your mind? It's ok right, even though some would say it's evil and leads to crime and violence...people get murder all the time in the drug trade..so why are you here?

You are correct about the force multiplier though, that's why my wife knows how to shoot and we are easing our sons into also. Because unlike you, I'm not scared of guns, I don't check under my bed or in the closet for them before I turn out the lights to make sure they don't get me while I'm sleeping

Nothing wrong with guns if you are properly trained

17. AverageJoe

AverageJoe papa oom mow mow

America has a mental health problem not a gun problem. :bduh:

18. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

At the very least it's a contributing factor that can't be ignored.

We had a lady in our townhouses that was nuts. Paranoid schizophrenic who refused treatment and family intervention. She threatened to kill me personally in letters (signed dated letters which I turned over to the cops), threatened neighbors, attacked a neighbor and beat her, tried to run over another neighbor, tried to run over my dog and took a golf club and tried to take off my head.

We had meetings with the local cops and they refused to do anything since it was always one on one with no other witnesses. We all told them if it gets worse one of us will end up killing her in self defense and it would be THEIR fault.

Finally, when she hit a cop and took a shit in the back seat of his squad they decided she was worth the trouble to hold for 72 hours observation and subsequent committal. (Cops don't give a shit unless it affects them.)

When people like this need help and LEO turns away because it's too much of a PITA the stage is set for someone to get hurt. Of course that's a double edged sword. No guns and she's less dangerous to all. But if I can't keep an already illegal gun out of her hands I want one a legal of my own. Much more can, and should, be done to stop such people at the first warning sign.

It gets even worse when a cocktail of meds is used that have wide ranging side effects which include increased suicide and increased aggression when they don't mix well.

My point is, there are many many reasonable alternatives that are being ignored in favor of the most politically divisive and difficult to carry out.

Hank-BTW...you're vision of America's future IMHO is not one created by gun owners. It's a reaction to over oppressive government that pits itself against the people it's supposed to serve. Stop using the cops as gendarmes that finger fuck young women in Texas because they smell cigarette smoke (Irving Texas Dec 2012) or aren't held accountable for beatings and random shootings. Maybe a few of us gun owners would feel a bit less nervous and a bit more safe.

19. Hank Chinaski

Hank Chinaski Ruminating

Your comments are so off the wall and rambling, it's really a chore to answer them.

First off what "comps"? What is that supposed to mean, the comparison between martial arts and guns? That one, like your others isn't a very good one. The obvious difference between the two is the degree of force. The huge difference in force, just for starters. Others might be that a person's martial arts skill can't be stolen from them and sold illegally, and many obvious others. Imo, the fact that you can't see that it's a poor comparison just shows how willing you (and most pro-gunners) are to abandon reason and slap together any and all justification for having your guns.

No, I don't think so.

No, I would not be in favor of outlawing martial arts. It's a ridiculous question for reasons stated above. But, if I were to use your reasoning here, I guess I would assume that you are for all weapons to be legal, such as hand grenades, bombs, rockets, missiles, etc....because it doesn't seem like there is any distinction in your argument between a punch or a shotgun blast, a kick or a stinger missile. :icon_confused:

Not quite sure what your last bit was supposed to be asking. I'm here to learn about growing pot and share my experiences doing so. Because growing pot is illegal and some people think it leads to crime I should be pro-gun? Your thinking there is a complete non-sequitur.

No, what I'm saying is guns are very dangerous and result in lots of unnecessary death and pain. There are too many in society and it's too easy to get them. Society would be much better off if they were greatly reduced and access to them was much more restricted.

Otoh, what you and most of the pro-gunners sound like to me is "I want guns because I want them! I like them and therefore I want them." It sounds very much like a child to me. And society suffers because of your childish wants. More guns floating around does not make America a better place to live. Sorry, it just doesn't.

Obligatory disclaimer: I am pro-hunting, and I am aware that the vast majority of gun owners are responsible, but it doesn't take a very large percentage of irresponsible ass-hats to ruin it for everybody.

20. Hank Chinaski

Hank Chinaski Ruminating

America's obsession with guns definitely ranks as a mental health problem in my book.

That's been said many times, but I have zero confidence in Americans using their guns to fight the government. Zero. People will fight the gov in other ways or they won't fight it. To say otherwise is just impotent bluster.