4 years to do wtf he wants?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by TheApprentice, Dec 18, 2012.

1. LionLoves420

LionLoves420 Lazy Days In The Sun

Now y'all are just being silly with the slippery slope argument, which is a stupid one anyway. Guns are made to kill and have no other use. The only reason they exist is to threaten or take the life of another living thing. Falling in the tub or accidental drownings are not comparable to guns, the deaths caused by them, or laws to keep them under control.

Y'all also need to reread Locke, or at least attempt to understand him.

2. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

Really Lion, why do insurance companies make you declare if you have a pool or not if you have a gun?

You would think of all people, insurance companies would force you to pay a prem if they had any conclusive link to guns in the home and actual harm caused by those guns....you know like they do for pools, dogs, vehicles, etc etc.

Why you might not agree with guns, fact is guns don't do this, crazies do. The Fact the insurance companies (whose lively hood depends on them knowing stats) doesn't force you to report if you have a gun on your policy proves my point.

You may think this is absurd, but kids are killed by pools all the time...a pool is 14x's more likely to cause the accident death of a child under 4 compared to a car. Accidental discharge isn't even on the list that I was reviewing.

On average there are 10 drownings a day in this country....how many accidental discharge deaths are there?

I have read Locke as many others have also. Just like I said though, I can cherry pick info like I did to support my case as well.

BTW, would you give up your 4th and 5th amendment rights also? Or do you just want people to surrender rights that you don't agree with?

Also what's next, knives? Are they solely designed to kill? Wasn't that the intention when they were invented? How about a pointed stick? Or a bow and arrow? Where you going to draw the line Lion? No one can have any sharp pointy objections, no cars, no baths (or water in general) and everyone can just give each other hugs....we'll have to ban sex also as this causes numerous deaths a years from STDs (not just AIDS)

3. LionLoves420

Reexplain what you mean there? You saying you don't have to report guns to insurance but you do pools?

Again, not sure how why I have to keep saying this, but I am VERY progun. I get a cache of weapons when my father dies including some semis. That doesn't meant there isn't a compromise though law wise.

Again, yes, other things kill people including cars, water, air, animals, and TVs. Those are accidents. Gus are specifically made for killing and have no other use. When a gun goes off, it is an accident usually. It at off to threaten a life, good or bad. Everything else I listed has a non death related use, but happen to cause a death once in a while.

4. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

No, your insurance company does not ask if you have or are going to store guns in your house. They DO ask if you have a pool, a dog and what kind it is. They will refuse you insurance if the dog you have is on "their" list. They want to know if you smoke (it cost more to insure your home if you smoke). They even wanted to know what kind of reptiles I had. But nothing about guns. Nippie, I think your onto something here.

I have guns. I do not hunt. I love to shoot. I'll go to the range or anywhere else that we can squeeze some rounds off without interfering with anybody else's safty or peace of mind. So I would say, YES, my guns do have another use besides killing. I use them to enjoy them. They bring me peace of mind and keep me tranquil. Shit, if I didn't have this relief to just let everything flow through the barrel and ease my mind, I'd have to get out my machette and start to hack people up.

5. nippie

Thanks LVS

Yes Loin that's exactly what I'm saying. Insurance companies could care less if you have a gun in your home, but if you have a pool you are paying higher rates automatically...why because pools kill innocent people and causes the insurance companies to pay claims, thus they want to know.

Same as a dog, just like LVS was saying, hell they can deny you a policy or even cancel your policy for a dog. Read your policy!!! Your house could burn to the ground, and if you have a pitbull well your shit out of luck because it automatically cancels your policy unless you paid the prem on the dog all along. Because you would be defrauding the insurance company not to report the dog to save on the rates.

Just like drunk drivers pay higher prem because they are a higher risk. You honestly think an industry that draws links between your credit score and the likely hood of you filing a claim (bad credit= higher rates) hasn't looked into guns.

There people make they're living off of gambling on stats, you would think if there was a remote chance that guns in the household caused ANY chance of a claim they would raise your rates based off of that.

You see they KNOW guns don't produce claims, or they would charge more.

6. LionLoves420

Or, it could be illegal to ask about guns in home insurance claims. Checking that one out. :bravo:

7. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

COULD'NT care less.

8. LionLoves420

Because the gun is an item and the pool is part of the property. The gun is to flat screen TV as garage is to pool.

9. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

But my dog is an "item". My reptiles are an "item". They were not part of the property.

10. nippie

as would be a DUI or bad credit

11. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

I wonder if my insurance company would want me to declare my new dog?

[​IMG]

12. LionLoves420

Animals are living creatures. Got to claim the kids too. Credit and DUI are just business practices. In NC, under home owners insurance as I understand it, a pool would be an accidental liability while a gun would have to do with personal property. Some one can accidentally drown in your pool but the use of a gun you own by yourself or someone who acquires said gun is not accidental. You also don't have to claim pets in NC.

13. nippie

they would all be biz practices then Lion. It's about the risk, same as if you have a trampoline in your yard, you are at a higher risk for claims. amazing close to 15 years owning a home and never was asked about my guns from my insurance agent

I would check with your agent though, never heard of a place that didn't charge you extra for pitbulls or other dogs on their list. Some wont even insure you period because the risk is so high for a claim. Never not once heard of this happening because of a gun though

14. Psycho D

Psycho D LEE VAN SPLEEF

I liked BlackPrince's post on this page. I forgot to quote it sorry.

Yeah, no one should need guns, unless there were still dinosaurs around.

Aww. Crap. They make dinosaurs now that creep into yer house and steal stuff and, maybe carjack your shit now?

To hell with it man, I'm going back to torches and pointy sticks.

:passsit:

15. blackprince11

blackprince11 Prince of the Hindu Kush

I also think the liberals are trying to create a safer society but that cannot be achieved by trying to recreate the whole of our society in their image. The goal that they have is honorable. It's not like I'm saying screw humanity or that we couldn't benefit from a safer society, but the path that they take to get there is what I don't agree with. I'm very liberal when it comes to some things and I'm conservative about others. I'm a mixed bag as are all of us. I, as do most Americans, believe in balance and even with a clear conscience and the purest of intentions mistakes can be made. Even the enlightened liberals are humans and can espouse wrongminded positions when you go far enough left just the same as if one were to go far enough right and look at their political diagnosis for our problem of violence in our society.

:passsit:

16. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong."

H. L. Mencken

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule."

H. L. Mencken

A few people should remember this.

17. Hank Chinaski

Hank Chinaski Ruminating

[YOUTUBE]Wpc1SpDgUIA[/YOUTUBE]

18. link420

link420 Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

Ok I've been trying to stay outa this, cause I'm not really the kind of dude who likes arguing about things like gun control, because there is no changing anybody's mind. But here its goes anyways:

30,000 fucking deaths by firearms in the USA just in the last year. That is insane! So you guys can argue all you want, but numbers don't lie. The US has a big fucking problem, and trying to argue anything else is not only ignorant, but extremely irresponsible. I'm not for banning guns, but more gun control is most definitely needed.

19. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

Coming from a guy who hails from Switzerland where every family has a gun from their national service:eusa_think:

20. Hank Chinaski

Hank Chinaski Ruminating