420 is for fake stoners!!!!!

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by Octoberbuds, Apr 19, 2006.

1. Octoberbuds

Octoberbuds Begun Flowering

This has bothered me a bit for years now. I have heard on this site and just around my area ppl all like ''YA DUDE 420!!!'' I ask these ppl why they think 420 is cool and shit and they're always saying that that's when you toke up and have fun and party. Something along those lines. If you are a real stoner you know that you don't need a certain day or time to get stoned. It should be everyday and most of the time all day. To me it seems silly to toke up at a certain time just because some dudes years ago set up a time to smoke. I smoke when I want to which is most of the time. Not saying if there happened to be a BBQ or a lil get together on 420 I wouldn't go but if it was on any other day there would be the same shit going on . Beer, pot, BBQ, and maybe some other assorted drugs. Happens at least once a week in the summer. Just my 2 cents yo. But I do wish on April 20 2006 that all of you will be stoned.......... just like every other day.

2. Roma1703

Roma1703 Developed Alternating Nodes

420 wasnt origionally a date or time to smoke. Its just a really convienent number for dates and times.[EDIT: i was misinformed im sry.] Some stoners thought it was a smart idea to say three digits instead of "pot". Half-baked idea cuz ppl still know wut ur talkin about. Espacially police. lol

and im stoned just about 24/7 anywayz, i dont need no stinkin time or date to dictate when i smoke. its all da time.:cool:

3. Octoberbuds

you r wrong about the 420 being a police code for marijuanan. Read a police code book and you won't find it. That is a big myth

4. Octoberbuds

I Think it was in high times but idk. There were some dudes in highschool somewhere who could only get together at 4:20 to toke and that's where it came from. There is shit all over the web about this though but i know for sure it's not a police code.

5. GMaNxD

GMaNxD California 215 Certified

yeah ROFL so many kids around here are like "420 HELL YEA MAN SMOKE WEED"

those kids are so fake, i agree with you completely- flaunting 420 is for fakers trying to be cool saying they smoke.

jus make everyday your 420, like a real weed smoka

6. Roma1703

Roma1703 Developed Alternating Nodes

http://parentingteens.about.com/cs/marijuana/a/420meaning.htm

"The Origin Revealed

According to Steven Hager, editor of High Times, the term 420 originated at San Rafael High School, in 1971, among a group of about a dozen pot-smoking wiseacres who called themselves the Waldos, who are now pushing 50. The term was shorthand for the time of day the group would meet, at the campus statue of Louis Pasteur, to smoke pot. Intent on developing their own discreet language, they made 420 code for a time to get high, and its use spread among members of an entire generation. While our teens feel that they know something we don't, you can let them in on the fact that it was your generation that came up with the numbers.

A quote from one of the Waldos in the High Times article states, "We did discover we could talk about getting high in front of our parents without them knowing by using the phrase 420." Fortunately, your teenagers will not have that same option. "

Well since i was misinformed i thought i should maybe go lookin some more.:cool:

7. Jibberish_Man

Jibberish_Man Begun Flowering

That cool about the origin of 420. I never knew that. I do smoke almost everyday, and almost everyday is 420 for me, but just the same I like that there is a certain day that comes around once a year where everyone celebrates our own unique culture. Celebrating is something that can make smokers worldwide(state wide, Country Wide, whatever) unite and reflect upon. So I guess I'm a fake stoner.

8. agrowguy

agrowguy Excommunicated

OMFG, you have a whole list of professors here. And little did I know, I could have just relied on you guys for my thesis on double-carbonite heat flux propelled hydrogen capsulized transmitter modules.

You guys dont research too far, if you did, and used even, hell, the search function at growkind.com, you would find the "origin of 420" threads as it has been discussed 3000 times in the past here.

heading to wank off to the new natalee holloway video.

9. 420PotSmoker

420PotSmoker Developed Alternating Nodes

Well I smoke all day every day! I use the name 420 As another name for reefer. I am a fucking pot head. And I think it did come from a group of ppl creatin a time to get together also.

420PotSmoker

Smoke is Good really Good

10. Confused420

Confused420 Full Flowering

who the fuck cares where 420 came from it has however become part of our pothead subculture not only as a good time to smoke a bowl but as a holiday as well, and last time i checked there are no other pot smoking holidays. so if only fake potheads have holidays is like saying that real christians don't celibrate christmas

11. mbwiseguy

mbwiseguy Begun Flowering

i go all out and roll up goddies and just get everyone rediculously high. if you are going to bash ppl for taking a day out of the year and dedicating it to smoking and appreciating the herb, then you are nothing but a stuck up, conceited, self-absorbed asshole.

i celebrate 420 and you just called me a poser, so go to hell. i have been smoking for more than 10 years, you think i am trying to be cool? do you really think i care what anyone thinks about me on here?

i agree with the christians/christmas comment

it's something us smokers can look forward to, sort of unify for once (wow, sort of like this message board)

12. TimmyTrees

TimmyTrees Begun Flowering

ITS A CELEBRATION BITCHES!

Confused is right. 420 is a day/time for stoners to gather and celebrate their love of weed, just like Valetines day is a time for couples to gather and celebrate their love for each other.... and sex (awwwwwwww).

13. JohnH

JohnH Smoker Extraordinaire

Anytime is the right time but for a unified time that people everywhere can come together and be themselves is great.

Bam, 4/20 is my favorite day. 4:20 is my favorite time. I'm smokin' strong for 6 years with a LOT of money gone up in smoke but well worth it ... am I a fake stoner too?

I don't even care, I'll celebrate the 4:20 / 8:40 / 11:00 times if I want. Hell, throw 1:10 in there because it's half of 4:20 ... 8:40 smoke twice as much as on 4:20 and 11:00 three times as much.

Fair scale?

14. mbwiseguy

unfair scale

2:10 is half of 4:20, not 1:10, lol

15. JohnH

JohnH Smoker Extraordinaire

Can't hold what I say against me when I've got a half-smoked Philly in my hand :p

16. Octoberbuds

so what do you dudes do on 420 to celebrate? Tell me something you do different than any other day. If you went to some sort of church maybe I would go along with that but just getting high and having a BBQ or Just smoking alot of weed is an everyday thing . So what is so special about that?

Why don't you guys celebrate cannabis everyday like it should be. CELEBRATE EVERY DAY DUDES AND DON"T HOLD BACK BECAUSE WHO KNOWS.........IT JUST MIGHT BE YOU LAST DAY.

Oh ya , and this is MY opinion. I wasn't trying to start shit and for some reason some ppl got real defensive about the subject. And if you dudes saw the ppl I'm talking about from my area (especially the dudes that work in my kitchen) that are all like YA DUDE 420!.....I bet you would say the same thing I'm saying.

17. mbwiseguy

"420 is for fake stoners!!!!!"

sorry, i take offense to that

all it comes down to is one less holiday for you

i can sometimes be like eric cartman when it comes to hippies, hippies smell. rip on them all you want, lol

18. Octoberbuds

this dude has summed up what I think and that's all I have to say.

19. mbwiseguy

are you talking about the once a month ambercrombie smokers celebrating a holiday they don't respect?

20. wawona

wawona The Trichome Connoisseur

LMAO at agrow. A meeting of the minds.

Well, call me a fake if you want, but my high ass is gonna celebrate 4/20 like I have for years. Prolly been celebrating 4/20 longer than most of you have even been smoking. I bet I won't be fake high. ;) I'm having some friends over for the specific reason of it being 4/20. They know what the intent is. they are not fake either. That makes it a "real" celebration of marijuana IMO. As real as anything else is. Regardless of whether you like it or not. It gives a great reason for people to smoke up. I think it's funny that you feel the need to call people fake because they are partaking in a ritual that involves the mass quanity of marijuana smoking. who cares why the smoke up. as long as they smoke up.

why not take a day that is known worldwide as a day of smoking and smoke with everybody that understands.