7 years and 3000 posts later - Calling the Old GK'ers

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by Useless, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Useless

Useless Diogenes Reincarnate

Well Mermaid,

Weren't you originally Jersey Girl? And then there was Jersey Dude, your b/f I believe? Or maybe my thoughts are way off base. Still on my first cup o java this morning. LMAO.

Jiggy, hahaha. there is an old post on 420G about him. When 420 was still new, and on the DL, and it was invite only Web420 had invited Jiggy nd most everyone ws pissed off. Nobody wanted the trouble. HAHAHA. Boy that lasted a long time eh? hahaha

I recall Herbal man, but dont really think I spoe to him much if at all.

Northie was cool, and I do wonder whatever happened to him.

Lil Toker was just a sweetheart. She popped in at 420G not too long ago to say "high".

SFC is over at 420G mermaid. He's a mod there.

I dont remember Gemini.

Theres Mary! Hell yea, MellowDude! I forgot him too.

The chat back then was way cool, when Mistical and I first talked, it was in chat. His signature quoted a song called sick boy from an 80's english punk band called GBH. We were trying to get a feel for one another as I am an old school punker. We must have traded names of punk bands from the 80's for a good 20-30 minutes before we both decided each other was cool as fuck. He's been a good friend since, despite the fact we never met. Hell, he offered to fly out here to Cali to help me out 2 years ago when I had a cancer scare. Thats a true friend in my eyes. Respect and Safeness to the portside welsh hillbilly mafia! HAHAHAHAHA If Misti ever needed anything, I would hop on a plane today for him. No hesitation.

I do remember you and Rocky and you and aggs not getting along at all.

Dont recall siezuredude.

Who remembers Aggy's website, with a the GK rating list? That shit was funny as all hell.

TheApprentice likes this.
  2. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

That one's not ringing a bell.....sorry. :confused:

I remember Ag's website......and he still pops in from time to time. We just make sure he doesn't last long is all. :laughing5:

3. EvilSkuzzi

EvilSkuzzi Sweet Guy

4. Administrator

You're not a troll...you're a skuzz. :pottytrain1:

5. EvilSkuzzi

EvilSkuzzi Sweet Guy

Im not any troll, im king of the trolls!

6. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

:trollgo:

7. gizmo_barks

gizmo_barks Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

I joined two years ago.

I could garden, but I didn't know jack about indoor-Big difference. So, most of time time I did a lot of reading in the library, but I did read some posts. Very little or no posting.

I remember alianbait, the back side of allsmiles.

I noticed shadowman was on one night a few week back. I don't know if he posted, though.

Good post, useless. My computer says I have to spread some reps around, maybe next time.

8. marymaryquitecntrary

marymaryquitecntrary Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

i remember now why agrow hated me so much. :icon_confused:

when i joined GK, there was a section called "forum security" and i clicked on it. immediately, my computer popped up with "CAUTION: computer tracking bug found in this document".

i went to webby immediately to report it, and he just blew me off. said ags (a very trusted member) created the info and i could contact him about it.

well, i didn't. i didn't want to come in a-blazing to GK, so i let it go. after all, webby didn't think ags was suspect.

i wonder how many GK members' computers he bugged. :5headache:

9. Mermaid

Mermaid ~Sea Of Green~

Yes I was JerseyGirl and was introduced to this site by my late b/frd PhillyBoy may he rest in peace. Only changed it to Mermaid as my account was hacked into on here as the admin found my name being logged on at differ IP addy's when there was NO way I was on during the times kept records of the time and dates. Being most of them know me and I am good frds with most of them, they knew I could not log on at work sooooo that is why I changed the name and my password. Anywhos I love mermaids and it was always my avy so yes it was switched from JG to Mermaid a couple of years ago. JerseyDude took that name after me as he used to be JerkyPete.....long story and way too much drama so I will leave it at that. ;)

As for Rocky and me not getting along>??? Ummmm not to my knowledge and think ya have me confused with another. ;) As far as Aggs and me not getting along.....really did not pay too much attention and I think he had bigger fish to fry then me...lol In all honesty I think he was a brainy, witty guy who was a computer geek who truly knew his shit about networking among other gifts he had. Yah he loved to razz & pick on the weak or happy people when he was in a mood....test the mods or just randomly zero in on a person for no reason which maybe he was bored?? Call me too nice but I really believe he loved this place, wanted positive and yes negative attention because deep down there is a little boy in him who wants to feel loved and accepted. I know he is a man but if you read his posts.....does not add up in the sense he is not as evil as he or anyone thinks he is. There are many posts where he is helpful and down right nice ......yah yah>>>you are all prolly thinking I am naive and yes he is as evil as he tries to be. Sorry I just do not buy into the whole evil and destroy GK as we know it.... ;) Yah he did threaten to do so but deep down no matter what he tells ya.....he loves this place as many others do. For some reason I picture him this shy intelligent young man who can only be aggressive on the net as in real life he is the opposite of the personality he portrays on here. I am sure he can be VERY manipulating but the guy is very intelligent so like a child who is bored in class ......what do they do?? hahah they get in trouble. Not sticking up for him as I been here long enuff to know he has had sooo many chances because Herbs like most of us liked him and thought he was funny. Have NO idea why he snapped or even started a web thingy .....really did not know too much bout that although I heard as many spoke of it. Maybe I too have a sick sense of humor at times for yes I did giggle at some of the funny shit he posted. I like witty, off color and people who will post the crazy shit some think but would never say out loud.

What is sad about the whole Aggs drama or what took place back then is he did show disrespect to people who never once bothered him and Mary was in the line of fire which left a bad taste in my mouth. Sorry but that was WRONG for she is GK's sweetie and never is mean to anyone. How does a person pick on a person like our Mary?? That is why I do feel he may have some chemical imbalance or something going on......just never adds up IMO

....read old posts and you will see how sweet he could be.....especially in the EARLY GK days. I wonder what happened to him ....it really is like he fell off the face of the earth so I do hope all is well in that Agg's world.

Anywhos......lol still wondering why you think Rocky and I had a falling out?? Do you mean RockyMountain??? If so.....not that I know of....hahhaha

LOL is okies....stoner ramblings not to mention sometimes our memory takes a hike and then comes back. ;) HIGH hike too...hehhe:smokin:

Yah where is Mellow? He was a really nice guy.....another intelligent GK'er plus loved to help others grow. He prolly graduated now as he was in college when he was a mod here.

Peace

10. Useless

Hey Mermaid,

The RMWH and aggs segment was to Mary. LMAO. Sorry, I probably didnt make that clear.

I do agree with on Agg's though. He wasnt a mean spirited person. Some angst, insecurity, a bit of know how, and a longing for attention, good or bad as you said. And perhaps a slight mental instability...maybe.

His website was funny. It ranked GK members, or I should say, HE ranked GK members. LMAO. Whoever he was fighting with that week would be demoted on the list. I found it rather humurous. I think I was " one of the most knowledgable people on GK", and I do remember CG was "an experienced grower with a wealth of knowledge" on one week, the next he was just "(insert fulgar name here)", then back to an experienced grower, then another expletive. It was the same for whoever he argued with. I guess I just never was on his bad side. I alwyas liked the kid, and thought he was just craving attention, or perhaps trying to identify himself by standing out from the crowd the only way he could in cyberville, by his skills on the keyboard. Thats just my 2 pence though.

AH, thats right! I totally forgot Philly (sorry to him and you merm).

And JD=JP thats right. Nuff said.

But lets get back to some positive convo here folks.

I cant believe none of you guys remember Ismoketoomuch and his Eric Estrada avatar. That cat was funny as all hell.

HS, Skuzzi, maybe you guys would remember, who used to talk about fishing by a dam in upstate NY (I think??). I just remember talking with whoever it was about going out for different fish. For some reason, I want to say Fishman, but I dont think so. Skuzzi's avatar reminds me of the poster for some reason, but ol SKuzz is a Brit. Is it Fishy? or??

You guys might remember Spoonta66? The Aussie who was growing Krusty style. Got busted running like 10K watts. I remember giving him a hard time about yield vs. time. That was before I ran KFB's. hahaha.

And no one has confirmed who the hell the kid in the arctic circle growing trees in coke bottles was? I want to say Alpine-something-or-other...

Who else?

11. Mermaid

Mermaid ~Sea Of Green~

Ahhhh gotcha.....lol no worries my frd :)

OMG and yes....now I remember that avy with estrada...!!! LOL wayyyyy funny!!!

Hmmmm who else.....let's see:5masked: Mrs. B, Miss Sativa, and Stinky??

12. Administrator

I had to dig a little but I finally found that picture of Closetgrowth and Agrowguy. CG was on a tour of America in his Motorhome with his Ferrari in tow. First stop....Agrow's place in Ohio.

Unfortunately I wasn't home the day CG stopped by my place. I was so looking forward to his visit too. :5headache:

[​IMG]

13. EvilSkuzzi

EvilSkuzzi Sweet Guy

14. JohnH

JohnH Smoker Extraordinaire

Wow... I've been here 3 years too!

15. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

WOW! Blast from the past this thread is! But good all the same...

I joined GrowKind back in Aug 2006 and thinking back,for me there were plenty ppl whom i have proper respect for and you know Useless that you be one of them ppl:ebert:

I remember my first week or two i got into an argument with TOA(trill) then apologised then when i got made mod he left the site in protest along with Mikey aka Mr.Wakenbake ..:sad4:this was sad cos them two guys didnt realise the kudos i had for them,but i dont hold grudges and i aint bitter,lifes too short to live in the past and if you ARE gonna get nostalgic then its far better to reminisce of good times rather than bad IMO,just my :2c:

I have REGULARLY shouted out asking where the hell DUFFMAN went to,i got mad respect for the knowledge he shared with me and us all.I never knew GT420/ChiefSmokingBud but even to this day i still read a lot of his HASH posts,i also heard he recently had a picture in High Times...

Chopstick was a great laugh IMO and i also liked what Green ThumbDanny had to say (regarding growing) and i guess it is kinda sad that although most members go inactive then active again like BUD GREENRIGHT:thumbsup: its sad that so many ppl left or got banned in "the exodus",etc. I can remember SFC due to his starwars logo and i remember ppl like miss sativa who i liked cos she called it as it is,theres also been members who i now regard as 'internet friends' who i converse with on myspace or yahoo chat,etc.

All in all the memories since i joined are all good ones ,i joined just after a lotta shit like trollfests so dont know the ppl and cant comment on their departures.I got mad respect for all the UK members,i wish Mistical hung out here more often,i remember recently a member also from the 'portside Tafia' called 'Cracker' or was it crakka:ponder:

I even miss recent guys who are inactive now like smokewizzleeverydizzle and a whole bunch of ppl that help make this forum what it is.Skunky and Useless and Duffman though have without doubt shown me things in their posts i would never have found out elsewhere and skunky and Useless are STILL a constant source of MJ revelation to me.I take my hat of to ALL GrowKinders BOTH new and Old.Also who can forget CanadianDan??Peace:potleaf:

PS: Regarding EL CAMPESINO,i aint seen him on the forum since he got given the venzuelan oil rig demolision contract worth a million dollars and a home and green card to live in Florida....all paid for by the govt of course,naturally...ppl enjoyed hios stories,but i'll say one thing that guy wasnt all BS,He DID know how to grow,mhe used to chat on yahoo with me and he sent me plenty pics of his grow ops,on that account i gotta give him his props cos he grew in shitty conditions in shitty soil using the only shitty ferts/nutes he could get and STILL got good harvests.Weirdly enough he logged into is msn live messenger account twice in recent times but never responds to me asking him how the 'venzuelan job' went:rolleyes:... also Shine Down is another guy i got on with and for reasons good or bad i for some reson get the name of Bubblegump and jerseydude running thru my head,also cannagirl and randyhigh were good for laughs,and as for the mad enigma that be Geheim......(you be a liar saying i sold you weed::fingermad:),i think i remember most ppl from either more for the raging arguments we all had in politics i think though...or the smokers lounge.~:roll:

Its been a great ride ... now our membership is almost entirely fresh members,some old but in new guises(we know who:icon_wink:).... guys like Mr.Astro,LionLoves420(one of my all time fav members!)and others like UrBigBuddie who showed me the way to growkind in the 1st place:icon_salut:...and to guys like HappyHappyHighGuy who helped me build up the ongoing strain subforums databses,etc...great guy who cares a lot about MJ and GK... theres far to ma ny currently new /active members to recount tho so sorry if iv missed any obvious ppl but iv gave you ALL good rep so you knows who y'all are:suave:

When i joined i hadnt been on many forums before and it was all kinda new to me but guys like Herb and Snick made me welcome and i was as shocked as trill,mikey,etc to be asked in 2007 to be a mod...ALL the mod squad are prolly my best buds on GK cos we talk so much.Hell iv even became "pen friends" with a few members:bigok: Heres to GrowKind and all who have sailed on her and them that are just aboard:beerchug:Peace:jj:

PS:OH and how can i forget Mermaid,the only :female: on the site who has shown that she really does care about ppl,she always asks after my kids and stuff like my mrs so KUDOS TO MERMAID too:icon_thumleft: Plus i got props for guys like JAKE, "THE MASTER" , and too many others to recall TBH.... GREAT THREAD USELESS:icon_salut: For better or for worse all the above names have been at the heart of GrowKind before me and i dare say most will be around if im ever gone from GrowKind which i dont ever forsee:eusa_naughty: Last but by no means LEAST....props to Webby for keeping this site up and running:notworthy:

Cannagirl likes this.
  16. Mermaid

Mermaid ~Sea Of Green~

Much love right back atcha The AP to you and the Mrs.....:love4:

We have so many wonderful new people since the early days of GK and you are indeed one of them.

Peace~mermaid

17. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

Wow, after reading all of this, I remember most of these people, but no one mentioned "Lemon Pie"..... I met her here and use to hang out with her and trade goodies and smoke out, but she pissed allot of people off here and got banned, and that's the last I seen of her.

18. Lil Toker

Lil Toker Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

Oh my goodness!

What awesome comments!

Happy to say I'm TRYING to come around a lot more. But it's hard with no computer and the lil one running around.

I've started construction on 2 rooms. I've also been persuaded to hydro.. So I'm hoping to be around a lot more to share.

My lil girl is goin to be 2 years old this April. Time flies.

She keeps me going thats for sure.

I'm really really busy all the time now.

But I promise to make sometime for all my friends here at GK.

to add to the list

Mystical

Minging Bullocks

Joint Effort.

Ranger Danger

Solo 420

King Marijuana

I smoke too much

It's hard to remember them all

I talked with lemonpie about 8 months ago.

She's alright. And she's back home here in Canada.

She's had a few trials with .... life.

And is trying to get back on her feet.

Take care all... Miss you's ! and hope to be back soon!

Kisses

Lilly

19. Useless

There is my blue eyes!

Hope you are doing well girlie.

Ming and Joint Effort! Good call, forgot about those cats too.

You know you get a hold of me if you any questions on your new dro set-up.

Welcome to the darkside. heh heh heh

20. snickelfritz

snickelfritz Weed College Hall Monitor

Ahhhhh.... Memories

Yeah...

Just for shits & giggles I thought I'd put these up for nostalgia... Some are still here... Some are not.

Many of you should remember these...

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I hope you enjoyed this little trip down memory lane.