7 years and 3000 posts later - Calling the Old GK'ers

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by Useless, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Useless

Useless Diogenes Reincarnate

Cheers my punk brother.

And you may have retired the axe, but I bet its just hanging above mantle, all shiny and sharp. Heh heh heh...

Safeness from the West Coast Pagan Mafia!

2. EvilSkuzzi

EvilSkuzzi Sweet Guy

Punk sucks arse clart! :rofl:

3. Useless

I will jump through this computer and choke you! LMFAO.

It's not for everyone. But some people might like the message. I bet if I posted lyrics of some old punk bands in the politics forum a lot of people might not think it's so bad. Punk is about the message, not the music. I know a lot of people can't listen to something if it's not bubblegummy pop and doesn't make their minds turn to goo when it hits their ears, but punk aint about that.

4. EvilSkuzzi

EvilSkuzzi Sweet Guy

I dont actually mind some punk. I just cant help myself from throwing shit lol ;)

5. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

You have to excuse the Skuzz....he's kinda like a chimp in that way. :smokin:

[​IMG]

6. Cybele

Cybele Working with MotherNature

Punks before my time,its like marmite,you love it or hate it,HaHa

uI dont really like punk but the fiancee[TA] likes the golden oldies from before i was born like Sex Pistols,The RAMONES,The Clash and Suzi and the banshees type GB anarchy stuff but he dont like the new modern type punk on MTV,he says its 'pop punk':disgust:'s him so it does, he says some good stuff is out there but me and him like some rap and mellow music like reggea and indie or rock bands like Oasis and The Verve ,hes mainly a huge The Who,Rolling Stones and Pink Floyd fan with other 60's GB bands although a fellow member of this site called USELESS sent him a cd he has started listening to a lot:siskel: .Aargh!

Thanks for nothing Useless:roulette: ,HaHa,my home is like theres a warzone when he blasts that ******* ****** cd you sent him ages ago:shocked: . Most of the punk i cant make out what they say just like heavy metal,im into the ting tings and other funky GB woman acts like Girls Aloud and Sugababes plus the scissor sisters from America.So im not best qualified to comment on punk,leave that one to the fiancee,HaHa. I like a lot of the cool funky pop music like pussycat dolls,rihyanna and Beyonce aswell as Leona Lewis,[best voice since mariah or whitney no doubt],i also like FERGIE and GWEN STEFANI.I grew up on MTV and pop reality shows what do you expect:smile: .Punks too noisy for my liking and apart from the Clash i dont like many punk music sadly.:siskel:

That is unless you count ex rave band turned punk type rockers from the GB called 'The PRODIGY',they are an act iv saw live many times and the energy and music and mental:shocked: lyrics make them a wonder to see live:rocker: TA tells me evilskuzzi likes them too and went to their recent gig,well they are kind of like hardcore rock and techno/bass beats[some call it drum n bass mixed with jungle or punk music] and they really are punks,they rock!!!Anyone else heard of the UK legends the PRODIGY?

7. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Those aren't punk golden oldies. Those rock-n-roll deities.

8. EvilSkuzzi

EvilSkuzzi Sweet Guy

The gig is on Tuesday Cybele!

9. Useless

No worries Herby. I know Skuzzi is our resident Monkey AKA Poop slinger. HAHAHA.

Well, I always liked the Clash.

Ramones are punk rock gods. Got to see them play a bunch of times berfore they started dying off.

Sex Pistols killed punk rock. Punk is dead, all because of those sell out shitheads. Sid Vicous was a fucking wanker.

LMAO about the warzone. I can picture it very well actually. Glad your man digs the disk. I apologize for any headaches the CD might have caused you. Well not really, but kinda! LOL.

Yea they used to lay that prodigy crap here all the time. Smack my bitch up or w/e the song is called. Can't listen to anyone who sells out there punk rock heritage for $$$ in popular music. It just ain't right.

Next gift I send you guys will be some real Warzone music, along with some really politically driven 80's GB punk bands I grew up on. Like some COnflict, Crass, Subhumans etc. Been listening to the old LP's and it reminds me of who I am, and what I believe in. Also makes me want to fly to France and throw bricks along with the other protestors.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

10. EvilSkuzzi

EvilSkuzzi Sweet Guy

Prodigy never sold out. They were never a punk band!

They started off as a rave/dance group. As they have gotten older they have moved from dance to incorpate other types of music into the dance roots. One of these types is punk. Its still dance music though!

11. Useless

Good to know Skuzzi....

12. EvilSkuzzi

EvilSkuzzi Sweet Guy

ACCCCIIIIIIDDDDDDDDD!!!!! :)

Weres me glow sticks!!!!

13. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

What's you folks take on the Dead Kennedy's? I could always count on them for a good thrashing.

14. wawona

wawona The Trichome Connoisseur

Goddam!!....................I have been around this board for almost 5 years......you forget some of the cool ass people that you meet over time and this thread just brought back such a rush of emotion that I was not expecting...........I am by no means an emotional guy, but the people that have posted and the names that have been mentioned were a part of our lives..........as much as real people at times...........as sad as some may say that is, we helped each other through problems, celebrated anniversaries, children being born and just about everything imaginable. I am just gonna throw some names out there I know that most of thses people have been mentioned, but what else do I have to do right now.

tiberon, KFC, Kenny, RD, Jay, PTKO, RKYMTNHigh, mellowdood, JP Bud3

L'il toker......best looking person I never saw......that eyes avatar just lit me up

Daze.....no words describe you brother and you know that's a good fuckin' thing......prolly felt more of a connection to you than most........we would have been trouble if mixed......I am glad those strains did what I said they would......G13=:roulette: UR one of a kind bro....I definitely miss the short bus rides to loo come harvest times.....great times bro :bong2:

HiC......Coolest cat in the country.....and generous too........:smokin:

Chopstick......GK guru.......:thumbsup:

Nobogart was a great guy........knowledgeable.....remember that website that he set up for a handful of us to join so we could stay in touch.....wish we had been more active there......

I just threw up on my computer from laughing so hard......I had forgotten about Jiggy all together....man that fucker got under my skin many times

[​IMG]

outdoorchronic was a trip of a guy

I remember having many a quality chats, especially with mary. THat was an easy way to get to know one another better......I had forgotten about Agrow's website.....that was classic.....man he had some kind of thinker......

Remember when Overgrow went down and we got that rush of members? All those cats with chiefsmokingbud that were into concentrates. During that brief time I learned how to make BHO and that shit was kick ass....they were good at it too.......cannot remember why they all bolted. I remember an issue, but i cannot remember what the specifics were.

I could go on and on and on about this place. I have just seen and heard so much...from the totally brilliant to the absolutely un fucking believable. Most of all the laughs and the wit are what kept me coming back....I went from having never grown a thing in my life to growing the finest kind in no time and I owe it all to GK ( not to mention Herbsparky and marymary) thanks folks

15. Useless

DK is kick ass. Excellent satirical politically driven punk.

Cheers Wawona. Excellent post.

16. link420

link420 Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

I never really liked punk too much. I guess for me its more about the music than the message, and I love rhythmic and smooth music the best...which is exactly the opposite of punk! But I'd love to give punk another try, do you guys have any specific punk-album suggestions for me? like something that is just bad ass and legendary!!??

...and after they got even older, and sadly turned to a shitty "bass and drum" techno band....and they are piss poor at it! If you want some good bass and drum, listen to Pendulum's "Hold Your Color" album.

17. EvilSkuzzi

EvilSkuzzi Sweet Guy

Prodigy drum and bass? What album do you think is drum and bass?

Ive seen pendulum live. Hold your colour is a great album but their current one sucks balls.

18. Useless

You want something political, social, satirical? All of the above?

Name your preference...

19. i remember growkinds ORIGINAL troublemaker. he went by the name DuboisBrothersGang.

He was cool until agrowguy started shit with him. Everybody decided to side with agrowguy for some reason and all hell went loose for several years thereafter.

His other names were:

ThePrinceOfPot

GanjaPatriot

Necrosis

KingMarijuana

DrugPusher

Whitedragon

AlbanianPrince

Canadiangoldsmoke

The "imposter" Closetgrowth

thekingofweed

He was one cool guy:passit: