7 years and 3000 posts later - Calling the Old GK'ers

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by Useless, Feb 11, 2009.

1. PutTheKnivesOn

PutTheKnivesOn Superspartaaaaa

You sound like you think thats a good thing :) :p

2. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

And we sure like it peaceful around here now..:thumbsup:

3. CanadianDAN

CanadianDAN Summer Greenthumb

I remeber when i first joined i had a tiny little flourescent tube light that barely produced a twenty sack. TIBERON helped me wire my first lamp, with very detailed step by step instructions for my retarded stoner ass. Ill never forget that.

An agrowguy, i always had a thing for spitting something back at him, and he was quite the prick about anything he could be. Herb might remember the little spat between me and agrow for about 3 months. I still have alot of his abusive PM's saved on my profile. He kept on me, untill i called him out on how brutally he contradicts himself from post to post he would send me. You might only remember the "PUBLIC" posting arguments we had, but there is a whole shitload in PM's.

I also remember me and some other "crazies" always posting conspiracy theroies in the politics section back in the day. Thats when i was just starting to read about stuff that BLEW my mind. I still read all that shit to this day. I'll spare you on it all cause i know some people cant stand that stuff! haha

Have a good day GK! :smokin:

4. EvilSkuzzi

EvilSkuzzi Sweet Guy

Do we :icon_confused:

5. Mermaid

Mermaid ~Sea Of Green~

:rofl: :rofl:

Every now and then we do need fireworks to wake us the hell up. ;)

Who else misses the Jiggy man and his ebonics?? LOL

Wow we had some very colorful personalities on the boards back in the day eh? Peaceful is good too but sometimes excitement gets everyone all hyped and you will see the boards hopping. Wow I can remember when we would have omg so many logged on and this place was jam packed.

6. PutTheKnivesOn

I like a little anarchy, when two people go head to head with thier own opinions sometimes a lot of interesting stuff comes out. As well as peoples true colors :thumbsup:

7. Max Rockatansky

Max Rockatansky Hurricane wrestler.......

"I cant believe none of you guys remember Ismoketoomuch and his Eric Estrada avatar. That cat was funny as all hell. "

He was a righteous dude IMO.....

Sent me seeds that I couldn't finish because the outdoor grow had been found...

Man so many people, some good some bad and some well, something else.....

I had a lot pf respect for RD even though I did not like the way he could talk down to some people, but he is in a better place now....

Nice thread Useless.....

MAD MAX

BTW I realized I joined in 2002...been a long time...

8. Mermaid

Mermaid ~Sea Of Green~

Agreed!

Also liked how it brought out all their alter egos! Was like the the new series on Showtime>>Tara of US who has multiple personalities. Kinda like a game trying to figure out which member it was that made a new name...:rofl:

I got pretty good at guessing who it was .... ;)

9. link420

link420 Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

Yeah "Hold Your Color" is awesome to listen to when snowboarding, it just makes me do stupid things...gets me kinda pumped up ya know? Also good for house cleanins! But your right man, their new one absolute garbage...sad really. And for Prodigy, I gave their new one another listen too and its got some drum and bass to it, a few OK songs...but I guess not nearly enough to call em drum and bass...and not nearly enough to call them good.

Useless, I think I'ma gonna go with Satirical and some Political...suggestion for bad ass bands welcome!

10. WiZaRD

WiZaRD Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

This November will mark year 8 for me... I remember finding this site like it was yesterday. I was on free time in the computer lab in high school, and had just smoked my first toke of weed in my life two weeks earlier. *aaahhhhh*

edit:

Like I said, I had just started smoking when I found this site, didn't smoke nuggets until shortly after. When I was thinking about growing, I realized the everyday pot smoker doesn't really know a damn thing. I've heard people acting all smart, say things like "indica is the female, sativa is the male". You know what I'm talking about. The hardest thing about being apart of this site, for me, has been while in groups - acting like I don't really know any more than the rest of the people. I'm by far no GK master, but compared to the everyday smokers I encounter, I'm a guru. Just for safety reasons, I play dumb A LOT. NEW or OLD to this board, you probably already know what I mean. The things you learn here at Grow Kind are little treasures you carry with you throughout the ages. So often have I wanted to spread and share the information, but can't =(. It was nice getting married to a woman who was MORE passionate about SMOKING it, and had ALWAYS wanted to GROW it. It makes the hobby that much more fun knowing we will both appreciate it! Especially when she makes a remark like "looks like there is a slight nitrogen deficiency, and the buds are almost ready, that means there will be a slightly better taste right?" Smoker turned Smoker + Grow Critic + Grower

-Peace and Love to all my GK brethren

marymaryquitecntrary likes this.
  11. PutTheKnivesOn

I never realised before wizard that your an oldtimer!!

12. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

silly mair aint she,lol!

I love all their stuff,i got fat of the land and earlier compilatios,i like 'vodoo people':ROLL: She thinks ANYTHING skuzz with a heavy beat and loud ness is either drum n bass ,lol,ffs man shes into girls aloud need i say more:eek: Mind you i wouldnt mind being into cheryl cole and the rst of them myseklf,lol.Hope she dont read that or i wont be getting any for a while,lol!

I remember prodigy from their rave days when they sang "CHARLIE",That was groundbreaking underground music man,i asked her what she meant and she say that song where keith is dancing in a disused rail tunnel and its blck and white,lol,i pissed myself laughing cos i hate drum n bass,my cousins a drum n bass dj online and i hate the shit he sends mee,lol.Smack my bitch up was an etravagant experiment bu they never sld out,not in the UK atleast.. i love prodigy "i got the poison,i fgot the emedy,...inject it with the poison!!!:rocker::rocker:"

I love FIRESTARTER,thats the one she thiks is kinda drum and basey aswell,lol! From their old rave days i love 'im conscnding to outer space' 'everybody to the place' and as i said 'charly' but they grew as a band and i grew with them,iv saw them at t in the park festival and other igs,liams a genius and keiths just mad,in fact they all are!

Recent ones i kinda liked are 'what evil lurks' and 'warriors dance'...they are just like scots band primal scream,they were a rave band that evolved into a punk/rock indie type band,ahhh the old days of the ilegal raves in some farmers field,gone but not forgotten:icon_salut: My mrs wouldnt know drum n bass if it hit her in the face,lol,fuck even wen i play rap shes like "turn that down",lmao! So i turn it up unless the kids are sleeping! Primal scream are great too!:rocker:

13. CanadianDAN

CanadianDAN Summer Greenthumb

MLeh Blah FLEHAHAHEHEAEKA IM drunk.

:icon_scratch: :roulette:

14. EvilSkuzzi

EvilSkuzzi Sweet Guy

Ive got a sore right testicle!

15. WiZaRD

WiZaRD Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

Yep. I had some addiction issues about 2003-2006. I got one, maybe two grows in before that happened. None while it was going on, then picked back up in 2006, as Apophis. I couldn't remember my old login, for some reason.

16. DuffMan

DuffMan Horticultural Technician

DuffMan is still kickin around these parts I assure you.:GK:

17. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

nice one...good to see duffman popppin in!

[​IMG] Glad to see you pop in duffman,i was asking after you not long ago cos i always enjoyed and learned from your posts when i 1st joined,etc...stick around or at least dont be a stranger mi amigo:ebert:

18. Mermaid

Mermaid ~Sea Of Green~

Hey Duff....nice to see your name on the boards!!!! :thumbsup:

19. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

Hey Duff, nice to see you! [​IMG]

20. Useless

Useless Diogenes Reincarnate

Duffman says drink Duff beer. Oh YEEEEEAAAAHHH