Add Your Soil Brand And Experience With It Here.....look Here For Soil Reccomendation

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by Mr. Wakenbake, Aug 26, 2006.

1. Mondo Nugs

Mondo Nugs New Sprout

Oh yeah well i have a buddy that harvests lake weeds in the summer. So we have several large buckets full of weeds. we dry them, break them up into nice little chunks, mixed with perlite and some stellar black dirt. Works great for out door grows, really holds water and you can adjust that property by the weed ratio. Works well indoors the weeds dont smell abit.

2. beautifulnugs

beautifulnugs Germinating

Hey Mikey84 you add anything else to that Baccto or use it as is? I'm 20 mins from a store that sells fox farms so I may try the Oceans Forest soil also.

Im growing 1 plant now- my first grow ever using bagseed, some bag of soil that was $3.99, and 4x48" fluoros. I'm on my first week of 12/12 after 12 weeks of vegging (whoops lol). I plan to add a 250w HPS for my next grow and go for 3 plants.

Great thread idea btw.

3. CTGuy

CTGuy Developed Alternating Nodes

I want to correct you on something. The SOIL didn't kill your plants come flower, YOU killed your plants by adding too much nutrients. I have used the MG soil and it was fine for my plants until I f'ed it up and gave it too much fertilizer. Almost fully fried!

Now with that out of the way...

I have a big bag of MOO-GROW, a compost mixed with (as the name would imply) cow shit that has been fully composted. It seems to work good. It has it's own micro-nutes with nothing added. You have to mix it with perlite and vermiculite. I've used MG plant food and my plants don't have any complaints.

Whatever you do don't buy that garbage blue bag of $.99 soil at Wallyworld! Frigin' awful, like one step away from becoming cement!

4. Mr. Wakenbake

Mr. Wakenbake Latae Sententiae Excommunication

lol @ct guy your so funny man..your right i killed them man it wasn't the miracle grow at all..not those slow release capsules that popped in flower and realeased enough nitrogen to bake my plants..it def couldn't of been that huh?lol

you keep using the miracle killer and i'll keep using good soil...lol @miracle grow ....you guys keep it up with the miracle grow ;) and i'll keep using what actually works..

5. Mermaid

Mermaid ~Sea Of Green~

good topic...

Well over the last years I have made my own >>love composting and being I grew outdoor's I just used cheap soil and mixed in perlite with what I had composted. Worms are the shit.... ;) Actually the soil I have on my property is kickin on it's on :) Now if I were to grow indoor's which I plan on it....I will have to step it up and research all this great soil some of you use.

I will say in his defense that I have smoked weed frm miricle grow (that my dad grew) and actually I am not convinced that it is all that bad. Only thing is it seemed I coughed MORE~~> thought I was gonna cough up a lung. Now I do worry about the chemicals but lemme tell ya....I have seen HUGE ass buds frm it & it really did not taste all that bad BUT as I stated I worry about chemicals yanno? I prefer organic but my dad swears by MG....guess it is all a matter of opinion. Seems many debate this but hey>>>he who uses the chemical's are the one who have to worry about thier lungs and health. ;) Now I will admit I have used it on my tomatoes .....tasted great. LOL my dad has this old timer frd who used to put frigging dog shit on his tomatoe plants. Whenever he wanted to give me some .>>>I would say hell NO >>>>I am so not eating dog shit tomatoes. hahhaha

K stoned and ramblin....laters!

Peace~Jersey

6. Mr. Wakenbake

Mr. Wakenbake Latae Sententiae Excommunication

I have seen the light and Organic is the way to go..100% preferably....

This thread has really turned out to be a good source of info for our new growers.. Let's get more....anyone else care to add a soil recipe or experience?