Again with the preflowers....

Discussion in 'Advanced Cultivation' started by allsmilez, Dec 15, 2007.

1. allsmilez

allsmilez snow bunny

This time....FEMALE! What luck:qbluewacko: ...I got one seed from a very far away friend, a very stingy friend, lol:laughing5: .....FEMALE! Oh, and the kicker, flowering during 24/0......? This strain is completely unrelated to the prior preflower I had:icon_confused: .....BUT....they are both outdoor strains. Couple of Q's....

1.Could this (outdoor strain, grown indoor) be part of what is setting them off? This one is actually only at 7 weeks veg....?

2. How am I going to be able to keep a mom? Until I can get another seed(male), I have no way of breeding, only cloning...?

3. Do I have a choice but to clone & flower since she's obviously made up her mind, or is there a way I can convince her to veg a little more, just 2 more weeks....:icon_confused: ?

Baaahhhh......I just got everyone all put in their place....:laughing5:

What to do?:)

2. Cannagirl

Cannagirl Preheat to 420

Don't worry, unless you are seeing many pistils they are just what you said, preflowers. A lot of plants (especially indicas) will throw a few pistils starting around 4 weeks usually. I have yet to find a female that hasn't.

Now, if there are many pistils and they just keep coming, it might be autoflowering. I have come across autoflowering plants when I wasn't wanting them as well.

So are you seeing say, under or over 15 pistils? It should only be like one or two sets per node. If you are seeing much more then that, just wait and see what happens. If it in indeed an autoflowering plant, cloning is futile and pointless. They will take forever to root if they do at all, and then they will be tiny ass plants with like 1 bud on them.

Just gotta wait and see really. good luck

3. Clyde Green

Clyde Green Guest

What me worry ?

Preflowers aren't a bad thing IMO . A crazy autoflowering strain that won't root is a problem .

Chances are with a strong rooting tech you will have no problem taking cuttings . Even a plant that is a strong preflower producer can be succesfully rooted .

This specimen has been going strong , and all the cuttings are very 'mature' . (It is a cutting of a cutting , of a . . . ) This line isn't as hard to root as one of it's offspring that doesn't show this trait .

Fact : a strongly pre-flowering plant can be 7-10 days faster to finish in the flower cabinet .

If this plant you have is special , and you say it might be , then rooting a cutting is the only way to be sure you keep these genetics intact .

Don't worry , as she said .

And you can veg as long as you want (barring a fully autoflowering strain). :)

4. allsmilez

allsmilez snow bunny

Thanks!

It is just 2 per node so far, just noticed them yesterday, so I'll keep watching it....I'll take clones today and leave her in for another 2 weeks, regardless:pottytrain1: ....And getting on the phone for more seeds...lol...:qbluewacko:

This indoor is quite stimulating, I might add.... it's kind of unpredictable so far; adds to the excitement, lol.... :)

I still don't understand what the heck, though....? These strains (this one is actually a sativa) don't show outside until they are a good 4-5 months old, not even preflowers. Since I'm new at the whole indoor/lights thing, I'm wondering if it has something to do with the "special" lighting?

Ah, no worries...I'm just ecstatic that it's a girl!

5. Clyde Green

Clyde Green Guest

I think preflowers on a 7 week plant are quite normal .

BTW that preflower pic is of an Sativa dominant cross under 18-6 lighting .

6. geheim

geheim Excommunicated

picture this

This is a pictureless update, but imagine having 117 seedlings, then down to 52 in a house move and re placement, but now to have 39 females, and 0 males, i wanted the seeds i promised, but i kept kllin the males, there still can be changes will ppl say, and it is true, but if any hermis i will also klll. The possiblilty of me actually taking a chanceo n 38 females and 1 males in the same space is not even a question.

innit

i went 12/12/ 28th nov, i been heating this space to min 14 and im sure 19 with the light on, had a really easy slug prob. only like teo small ones, and the other plants did bring aphids and soem red spiders mites, but the organic greenfly killer, will does them once and your good to go.

i have maybe one pic, but im not into putting my pics up like i used to live in holland, its different here in spokane, washington.

:pottytrain1:

7. allsmilez

allsmilez snow bunny

?.........?

I'm sorry? :laughing5: What?.......was there a preflower in there somewhere in all those......?:qbluewacko:

That's a crapload of a move, though...I won't complain anymore about moving my meager army around...lol! :)

8. geheim

geheim Excommunicated

pardon?

9. allsmilez

allsmilez snow bunny

? Blondie here is a little lost.....

Sorry Geheim, I wasn't sure if you were asking me for a pic or if you were stating that you didn't have a pic of your plants....?? And I was joking around with you about how many plants that is to move...:icon_confused: that would be a major pain! :)

But my question was actually about the preflowers, so I thought maybe I missed something in your prior post....@ the male maybe? :icon_confused: It's all good.....I'm just dazed and confused....nothing new! :)

Oh, and she has not had any more flowers pop up, so I took clones and she will exit the veg room in @ a week....thanks guys! :)

10. geheim

geheim Excommunicated

first off, dont take clones ever. second off, yes my preflowers are flowering now out of 117 originals i have 38 females and one male, just letting them be there all living happy in brazil somewhere at 21 at day and 14 at night, no leaks. i have three varieties that got fucked up because i had to move and my grow was started already, and all that bullshiiiitcrap, but i got what i got and i will put a pick up when i harvast let me live the rest of my few weeks in private, and not with my schlong hangn out in this fucking cold ass weather, here in spokane, washington.

pure sativas, hence one is male

silver haze all female and k2 all female

any questions?

11. Cannagirl

Cannagirl Preheat to 420

Why shouldn't she takes clones? Clones are great.......i'm confused.

12. snickelfritz

snickelfritz Weed College Hall Monitor

Ummmmmm.... Yeah, Geheim... Why not take clones?

13. allsmilez

allsmilez snow bunny

Ah, ok, I see now!

I missed it the first time, @ the preflowers.....but, yeah... :)

:confused: Why no cloning? Are you saying no because they are technically flowering? If so, tooooo late!:laughing5: I now have 6 babies...well, just say 4, 2 look like crap. :icon_confused: I'm actually going to go outdoors with a batch of these(well, not THESE,lol)clones in the spring....or something, maybe....lol? :qbluewacko:

Either way, the preflowers stopped at 2 per stem and I cloned, yadayada...just trying to decide if she should be mom. Ahhhhh, decisions, decisions... :)

14. geheim

geheim Excommunicated

well for most of you dudes

and dudettes, seeds are expensive and hard too come by. make your own and never worry again about a sub standard bud again. im stoned

15. allsmilez

allsmilez snow bunny

I'm trying to remedy that!

But cloning is so much fun! :) LOL.....

OK, I see what you're saying, Geheim:suave: That is eventually the plan, just some timing issues...Thanks, dude! :)

16. jimmy the lizard

jimmy the lizard Genius beginner!

im lost about the cloning issue too.

i would never NOT take clones of a strain i have.

i also have never grown a plant all the way from seed to harvest.

breeding to get seeds takes a lot of backcrossing to get genetics as good as the origional f-1 plant, and my worst quality plant came from an f-2 clone i thought was an f-1, (otherwise it never would have been in my garden.)

my first two harvests came from clones i got from a pro grower. i never even bloommed a plant that came from a mother that came from seed untill my third grow.

in my opinion it is necessary to clone, and breeding for seeds is something i may never even try.

17. allsmilez

allsmilez snow bunny

Outdoor, I have to have seeds....

Normally, Jimmy, I would say yeah, clone forever and ever. :love4: I'm actually going to try to go outside with some clones this year. But as a mainly outdoor grower, I have never been able to keep a mother(light issues), so breeding has become a necessity.:eusa_shifty: I have never bought a seed, and when you find that special something and have no way of keeping clones, backbreeding is a must in order to keep the strain. :icon_confused:

Now that I do have the necessary requirements for mothering, I am a huge fan of clones, but up until now, I have bred every seed I have(save for the few that start each new strain), every grow has had a preggy mommy, and every plant I've grown has come from seed straight to harvest. So it depends on necessity. If something drastic were to happen to all your plants(hypothetically), would you be able to restart your grow with the same genetics? :eusa_shifty: And, I have to admit, lol, it can be fun waiting to see if you got a little special surprise from the 'hidden phenotype fairy'....lol:)

Not speaking for Geheim, that's just what I've grown accustomed to. :)

18. geheim

geheim Excommunicated

who me

I Was Pure Sativas And Indicas For Years , But I Am Exploring And It Is Fun When The Pheno Fairey Comes Around. My Grow Right Now Is 39 Total Plants That Will Produce Flowers Except The One Male I May Kill It And I May Seperate, Not Sure Not Got Too Much Time To Think About It, I Got To Keep A Warehouse The Size Of Boeing Growing With Weed Full Time, And In The Winter Time The Electric Bill Can Be Huge, I Sure Can Pull In Some Poundage From This Grow Op.

Finally Got Heaters For My Ressys, What A Relief.......

19. jimmy the lizard

jimmy the lizard Genius beginner!

well hell then smilez, breed on!

20. allsmilez

allsmilez snow bunny

Know what?.....

Jimmy, you've convinced me that 1 season without all the hassle of breeding would be nice. :) If I can keep this one around as a mom, I can get a male seed later and breed a clone....Whew!:suave: That IS what I'm gonna do! Cool! Thanks, Jimmy! :)

Oh, update....her clones are now preflowering, too, lol...but they seem to stop after showing me just a little bit.....:love4: