BB's Choc-a-holic's grow of FUSION genetics

Discussion in 'Grow Log Forum' started by Bigbud214, Sep 8, 2011.

1. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Me three...plant now...sleep later.

2. Bigbud214

Bigbud214 Ganja Guru Extreme

OKAY OKAY I heeded all your advice and dragged my dying ass off the couch. It was hell as every single inch of my body aches beyond belief... I was shivering from chills yet beads of sweat were running down my face... but alas they have been planted...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Bigbud214

Hey Are Breaking Ground

ok so far I have 2 DBC and 2 BC that have broken ground. Heres a couple pics of em...

DBC #6 sprouted the next day and is 1.5" tall just 2 days after being planted

[​IMG]

DBC#2

[​IMG]

and the 2 BCs... #1 and #3 which is just peeking its head out.

[​IMG]

The RR's were soaked in pH'd water and a miniscule amount of Rhizotonic.

4. Bigbud214

so 4 days after being planted into their RRs I have 4 DBC above ground and still only 1 BC. of the 4 DBC two look ok and 2 look a lil weird. You will see what I mean in the pics.

Death by Chocolate #2. doing well save for that brown spot.

[​IMG]

DBC#4 Also doing well but just starting

[​IMG]

now it gets weird...

DBC #5 sprouted without the chlydons(sp?) but im gonna see what happens...

[​IMG]

DBC #7 which was the first to sprout seems to be burning up her tiny leaves already...sorry for the out of focus

[​IMG]

and the so far lone BC#1 which seems to be doing the best

[​IMG]

5. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

:popcorn-2: :popcorn-2:

6. Midnight Garden

Midnight Garden Excommunicated

Houston, we have ignition. :bong-2:

7. Bigbud214

thanks guys but a fifth DBC has popped but it to has no leaves just a stem popping up...

So after 100% germination I have 5 DBC above ground, of which 2 have no leaves what so ever. they are just stems sticking out of the RR... see the pic of DBC#5 above. And 1 BC which is doing wonderful. A 2nd BC, which I see the seed pod just at the surface hasnt budged a mm in 3 days.

They are in Rapid Rooters for 5 days now. They were Germinated in moistend paper towels with water and slight dose of Rhizotonic (Canna says it will help germination rate and tap root dev). I had 100% germ in 48 hrs. I put them into rapid rooters soaked in pH'd water then into the RR tray. The tray had 1/4" of pH'd water as per instructions. I placed a humidity dome in the tray and put the tray on a heat mat. Its been ther since saturday afternoon.

8. Tony Aroma

Tony Aroma Let's Go - Two Smokes!

That's dedication!

Am I understanding this correctly? This is what you did AFTER they germinated? I don't use Rapid Rooters, but why would you have the RR soaking in water AFTER germination? And why the dome and heat mat?

It's my understanding that after germination the young sprouts need air. The plant itself and the soil need to be exposed to the air, not sealed up. Constant wetness, high humidity, and heat are for clones, not seedlings. Young seedlings, just like older plants, need to dry out a little between waterings. Overwatering can cause all kinds of problems. Seeing those sprouts without leaves made me wonder if they aren't rotting in the RR because of the constant wetness and heat.

FWIW, I either germinate in paper towels then into soil, or germinate directly in soil. So maybe I don't understand the process when using Rapid Rooters. If so, then please disregard.

9. Bigbud214

Tony

Thank you man. I havent used the RRs before but the instructions said to soak in water or light nuttrient solution. I did exactly the same thing as MrGreenjeans did with his BC. He germinated in moist paper towels like i did then put the germed seeds into moistened RRs and then a tray and humidity dome on top of heat mat. so my friend I am as lost as you are?

10. Bigbud214

I am going to pop the remaining BC beans and just run with the one I have which is doing great so far. the DBCs will have 3 to go forward with. I will also pop a few more of those.

I am completely sure WHATEVER HAPPPENED WAS DUE TO OPERATOR ERROR.... as in I FUCKED UP

11. greenjah

greenjah A Fat Sticky Bud

I have had that happen before, it was while they were still in the paper towel, the head's just came off as soon as they germ'd. not sure if it was the seeds or the water, I did it the same as I always have in the paper towel and it was the only time it's ever happened.

12. Tony Aroma

Tony Aroma Let's Go - Two Smokes!

BB, I'd recommend checking out Mandala's germination guide:

http://www.mandalaseeds.com/Guides/Germination-Guide

This is of course just one of many ways of doing it, and your mileage may vary. But I think it's interesting what he says about seeds that get too wet or don't get enough air.

Personally, I've found that new sprouts that stay too wet have a tendency to either never sprout or die within a day or two after appearing above ground. I typically give my (uncovered) 16-oz cups a good soaking when the seeds go in (either pre-germinated or not), then no more water until a few days after they pop up, when the soil in the cups starts to dry out.

13. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

bb I have done seeds in both rooters and peat pods. I prefur the peat pods and I will tell you why. It seemed unless I used a pencil or something to enlarge the hole in the rooters the seedlings had a hard time comming up. I would then use a tiny bit to cover the seed hole. I never have this problem with the peat pods. My experience anyways.

t6

14. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

The resaon I tear open the rapid rooter is so the plant can push up with no problem. The peat pellets work fine too. I just like the Rapid rooters, and I use them for clones. :thumbs-up:

15. Bigbud214

Ok like I said I FUCKED UP.... I used jiffy pellets(peat pellets) the very first grow. My first EVER grow and everything came up lol.

I TOLD YOU GUYS IT WAS BEGINNERS LUCK... NOT ME HAVING A GREEN THUMB...

Fusion I AM DEEPLY SORRY for the poor showing. I am putting remaining seeds in to pop today and promise a better result.

16. Bigbud214

1st steps

ok I took the 4 seedlings which I didnt kill and put them in hempy cups. My perlite looks dirty even after rinsing thoroughly. I want the bright white stuff MrG uses...LMAO.

I planted the RR just above the res line. this way the roots wont have far to go. I filled the resevoirs with a light nutrient solution which was: 5mL each of Canna Substra Vega A and B pH'd to 5.8.

The one and only BC

[​IMG]

DBC #6 looking a little scraggy but this was the first one up. Im betting it will do fine,

[​IMG]

DBC#4

[​IMG]

DBC#2

[​IMG]

17. Midnight Garden

Midnight Garden Excommunicated

What size are those pots?

18. Bigbud214

MG

they are slightly larger than a solo cup

19. Bigbud214

looks like the BC is doing excellent and 1 DBC is going to pull through. I am embarrassed as hell by this. I am sorry for the disappointment. I still havent popped anything else yet.

20. Bigbud214

Three days after planting into the party cup hempy the one and only BC is doing EXCELLENT... lets hope im a lucky fucktard and its a girl.

[​IMG]

And the 2 DBCs that are chugging along. They are tiny but surviving

[​IMG]

[​IMG]