Biggest Drug Bust

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by HeadCase, Oct 14, 2010.

1. USMC0321

USMC0321 Veggy Stage

I should have mentioned the cost of weed is in Mexico.......150 american a pound for some really great purple or white rhino. It goes way up the farther north it travels.

2. I can't remember where I read it, but I seem to recall they need a warrant to even use FLIR. They can't just go around openly searching, I can't remember if it's a local thing or if I'm pulling a stoner move and confusing it with something else. I have a friend who's a local cop, next time I'm out with him I'll have to see if he knows, but with a small community I'm sure we don't even have FLIR

3. EvilSkuzzi

EvilSkuzzi Sweet Guy

I love big drug busts. It keeps the pigs busy and makes them feel good about themselves. Big busts mean big promotions. Therefore Mr Piggy spends his time chasing big busts, not small time growers ;)

I was reading that story and come across this;

"What you're looking at is actually heat lamps connected to venting tubes and they were mounted over top of the plants," said Lt. Rob McCullough, Baltimore County Police spokesperson.

Er no, you dumb fuck bacon smelling prick, that is simply a HPS bulb in a cooltube. Your promotion is cancelled!

4. HeadCase

HeadCase Old Prick

5. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Skuzz- it's weird. I read more reports where they say things like, "Lights to keep the tropical hot environment needed to grow MJ" or things to that effect. Just like above. These guys can't be that stupid to have no idea what the lights are really for and that we combat heat rather than try to maintain it.

Wait...yes they can. That RCMP chick talking about all those chemicals going into your body if you toke....she's a daft bitch.....so I guess they can be as stupid as anybody else.

cheers,

6. ResinRubber

Dude, I can call in an anonymous tip about ANYTHING on ANYBODY. The action may start with a "tip" but there needs to something to corroborate the tip before a judge can grant a warrant.

If all it took was "Hey Mr. LEO-My neighbor is running hookers/pot/dog fight/whatever out of his home." every time somebody got pissed off. The cops would be busting doors down all over the place.

Seriously, think about it.

7. EvilSkuzzi

EvilSkuzzi Sweet Guy

Phone who?

Thats why i love my neighbor!

8. ResinRubber

And the point still holds, if your neighbor doesn't know you're growing there's no tip to be made. No tip, no investigation to corroborate. You're biggest risk is your own mouth. LEO is NOT randomly checking electric bills.

9. EvilSkuzzi

EvilSkuzzi Sweet Guy

yeah but his point is;

If the cops look at your bill there doing it for a reason. By this time your fucked whether your bill is $10 a month or $10,000. their already looking at you, you're going to get busted whethr your bill is high or not.

Its not the bill that got you busted, its what ever led them to look at your bill. So no, your electric bill will never be the reason you get popped.

10. LionLoves420

LionLoves420 Lazy Days In The Sun

We are all saying the same thing basically. If they go to the judge with your electric bill they sure as hell have much more evidence besides that. They only start looking at your bill once you've made a stupid move.

11. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

They would need more than just a tip and the electric bill, but a large bill would be additional evidence to help their cause. That coupled with another compelling piece of evidence or two and then they have their warrant. That's not to say that once the cops see the large electric bill that they wouldn't just go and lie to the judge about additional evidence like them seeing traffic or smelling marijuana.

12. USMC0321

USMC0321 Veggy Stage

What if they are growing Orchids in the house and they knok the door down? That is a dream lawsuit waiting to happen. Power bills are not enough.

13. ScottyG420

ScottyG420 Marijuana Handler

I dunno dude. I don't think a warrant request would stand up with only $700.00/month.

14. USMC0321

USMC0321 Veggy Stage

It would not. In the U.S. there are some people who might try to cool their house with a freezer. If they try to heat with a stove, anything can happen. A power bill is only evidence the homeowner is an idiot.

15. ResinRubber

Man, this is getting ridiculous!

Big grows use generators and steal power because of HUGE use patterns and limited local transformer strength. A neighborhood or service area only has a given rate on the transformer serving it. Big grows can push the limit which in turn raises questions at the utility supplier and brings service personnel to check it out. They in turn find the problem and report it to police when the problem turns out to be a grow. PLEASE NOTE BIG! Not hobbyist, not a guy playing with a couple thousand watters. LARGE, HUGE, BIG growers.

Again....for the three hundred and fiftieth time....Small hobby growers or small market growers under a 2 or 3 thousand watts ain't shit on local utility radar. If you really believe otherwise why are you growing?

Seriously, you keep putting the cart in front of the horse on this one it just doesn't pull that way.

16. bncooldude13

bncooldude13 I supply your drug dealer

Hey Res good point. But how much power is low enough? To keep unda the radar

17. USMC0321

USMC0321 Veggy Stage

Agreed. The horse shoves the cart up the butthole on this one.

18. ResinRubber

I dunno...Lots more than I'll ever use though. Like Virago has now, I used to run reef tanks. At one point I had a 100 gallon tank, a 70 gallon, a 55 gallon and a small feeder tank. That meant 1500w of heaters, and 1500w of MH lighting plus several pumps.

The power consumption and bills of my 1400w flower and 200w veg area paled in comparison to my old aquarium hobby. Nobody was kicking my doors down then for electric use.

USMC0321 likes this.
  19. USMC0321

USMC0321 Veggy Stage

DINGDINGDINGDINGDING.....Anothe winner. I TOTALLY forgot about fish people. They have SICK electric bills. My cousin has 2 55 gallon tanks but he sells fish to recover some of the costs. To be honest. I think it is probably a more expensive hobby than MJ. He has single fish he has paid hundreds of dollars for. Even that crazy Canadian website with the 1400 10 packs would be cheaper than his fish bills. I told him he needs to eat some of the damn things. But that is just NC coming out. If it moves and can be killed, we will try to eat it.

20. How did they know to even LOOK at the power bill in the first place though?