Blender Hash

Discussion in 'Hash and Oil' started by GeoKitty, May 10, 2006.

1. GeoKitty

GeoKitty Guest

I was reading online how to make Blender Hash, but the site I found talked about using DRY trim.

Can a mixture of Fresh & Frozen Trim & Buds be used for this method instead??

2. rtyree

rtyree Latae Sententiae Excommunication

is that the one with the ice, water trimmings in the blender then the filters?

3. GeoKitty

GeoKitty Guest

Blender Hash

Yes!! It seems pretty much the same as "Bubble Hash" just a cheaper, 'McGuyvered' way to make it!!

You put enough trimmings into the blender to fill it halfway, then add ice & ice cold water....whip it into a green frothy smoothie looking substance, and strain that thru a cone-shaped, gold-toned metal coffee filter into a glass jar.

Refrigerate for 1/2 hour & allow to separate, then skim off the leafy matter floating on the top, strain the remaining good stuff into a paper coffee filter, then allow to dry, compress into a bar...etc.

So the article said!

Anyhoo! I wondered if fresh trim would work??!

4. rtyree

we tried that a couple years ago. I didn't care for it.

we got a little too much plant matter.

5. GeoKitty

GeoKitty Guest

How many times did you strain it?

6. rtyree

I believe 3 but its been a while

7. GeoKitty

GeoKitty Guest

Sorry!

Forgot to ask what you used...dry or fresh??

8. rtyree

Dry frozen

9. GeoKitty

GeoKitty Guest

Made Some!

Okay, we made some blender hash....let me just say that it was a pain in the ass! It took me all day to strain the green water!

I'll let ya know if it was worth it soon enough, I guess!

10. rtyree

there are easier methods I never found it to be that great. Before I would do it again I would go to home depot and p/u a screen for silk screening and make hash with that it works ok. I have bubble bags they were expensive.

anyway let me know how it works

11. GeoKitty

GeoKitty Guest

Were they worth the expense????

'Cause I can see why they'd work better & more efficiently than this blender method, what with all the straining I did, and am still doing this AM!! I have another full gallon jar of green liquid to syphon off & then strain thru a coffee filter!

I finished the other one last night, this one has a decent amount of 'sludge' drying on it right now, but already I think I can see what you mean by excess plant matter........we'll just have to wait until it dries to find out what it smokes like, eh?!

Well, wish me luck.........and patience....lots and lots of patience....'cause that damn coffee filter drains very, very sssslllloooooowwwwlllllllllllllllllllllyyyy!!!!!

12. SgtSmokinSensi

SgtSmokinSensi Begun Flowering

hey kitty I dont know why you didnt just make some simple oil. That blender method sounds like shit to me, personally i have never tried it but it doesnt seem worth while.

If you want to speed up the process get some regular coffee filters. Pour liquid and squeeze as much as you can to strain...

Have you read up about the ISO wash. Just rubbing alchohol in a jar with your buds, some shaking and straining then purging and VIOLA.. yummy oil.

Check the forums if you havent read up about it yet there are some real simple instructions detailing how you can budder up your oil afterwards also.

:cool:

13. GeoKitty

GeoKitty Guest

'Cause after reading about them, we're very interested in acquiring the "Bubble Bag" set and discovering just how they work and what kind of "Goodies" they really make!! The "Blender Hash" seemed to be very similar to bubble hash, so thought it would be something of a comparison.

We hoped that making "Bubble Hash" would be a good use of all the stuff we always have leftover from harvest, and we'd add in all the little nuglettes from the lower branches to the mix, to make it stronger!

Hhhmmm? We'll see.

14. rtyree

bubble bags are well worth it

15. GeoKitty

GeoKitty Guest

Decent Buzz!

Okay, we tried the 'Blender Hash' and it gave us a decent buzz!!

A damn good decent buzz!

Would I make it again?? NO!

I would rather wait til we can afford the bubble bag set, and go from there.

Guess we'll just dry and freeze all the trimmings and nuglettes from this upcomming crop, and save it for the bubble hash.

16. Clipperfan47

Clipperfan47 Guest

I made some blender hash (I think hehe). I put my trimmings in the blender, poured in some ISO alcohol (about half a bottle), blended for 2 minutes then strained thru a coffee filter into a cake tray and let it stay outside for the night so the ISO would evaporate and scraped that thing with a razor blade and got some nice hash stuff. Was my first time making it, anyway it led me to a new invention (at least to me hehe). I call it.....

HOT FUDGE SALAD

I pack a bowl with some good ganja and put some of that Hash goo on top of the weed in the bowl. Good Gawd the high.....yummy!! The 'hash' melts into the bud in the bowl, it rocks hardcore.

The reason I call it Hot Fudge Salad is the Hash is kinda Black (don't know why but I think it may have to do with the cake pan having old food residue on it, not alot but you know how older pans get). Anyway There I was getting baked off my 'new' creation and it came to me. The bud was like salad and the hash looked like fudge. Damn I'm high now gotta go hehe.

17. skunky

skunky labor smoke'n lumberjack

Now are you calling just the name your invention or what? Cause if you think your the first person to put hash on the top of their bowl you must be either stoned out of your mind or just insane!

18. kkamikazekidd

kkamikazekidd Veggy Stage

this one time I put weed in a cigar leaf...I called it a blunt... :p

19. skunky

skunky labor smoke'n lumberjack

I thought you were the one that came up with joints or was it knife hits!? :D

20. SgtSmokinSensi

SgtSmokinSensi Begun Flowering

I was eating brownies the other day and smokin a J..

and it came to me...

why not mix em? :p