Bubblicious grow diary - Hydro, day 42 today

Discussion in 'The Growkind Gallery' started by Cannagirl, Feb 7, 2006.

1. Cannagirl

Cannagirl Preheat to 420

This is day 7 of flowering.

I have a 400 HPS directly over her and another 300 watts of mixed light she is sharing with her 9 clones (only 12 days into flowering at the time of first post*)

She is in a 30 gallon rubbermaid with a strong powerhead for aireation/surface agitation.

Fed GH bloom nutes and micro nutes in flowering. Fed Ionic grow nutes/superthrive/gh micro in veg.

I vegged this girl for 70 days. I didn't really LST her. I kinda made up my own way. I waited until she was kinda tall and then bent her totally horizontally, resulting in a very bushy plant [​IMG] :)There was no risk of breaking her stem simply beacause she is in a medium less DWC. She is not supported by anything but some small ties around her stem, and that made it easy to bend her.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(Edited by cannagirl at 4:50 am on Feb. 7, 2006)

2. Cannagirl

Cannagirl Preheat to 420

And this is day 16....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Cannagirl

Cannagirl Preheat to 420

And this is day 27, starting to fill out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Cannagirl

Cannagirl Preheat to 420

And this is today, day 42. Well actually today is day 44 but these are the most recent pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(Edited by cannagirl at 4:43 am on Feb. 7, 2006)

5. Cannagirl

Cannagirl Preheat to 420

I should mention, this is my first grow. My girl is doing way better than I could have ever even hoped for.

Also, I wanted to intorduce myself. I'm new here, originally an Overgrow girl....but it's been down a week...so hello new site! Look forward to being here.... [​IMG]

Also, as you can see in the pics, I also have a 9 clone SOG right next to her. They are only 12 days or so into flowering.

SHE SMELLS SICKLY SWEET. Like pure bubblegum with a hint of cotton candy. YUM YUM!

(Edited by cannagirl at 4:52 am on Feb. 7, 2006)

6. wawona

wawona The Trichome Connoisseur

Hey cannagirl :wave: welcome to the dark side :biggrin: It's nice to have some hydro growers around. you'll find GrowKind to be quite a bit smaller outfit than overgrown, but there is ample room for us all. Lots of great experienced growers here, but there are also some trolls here who have no other reason for being here than to upset the forums. Please pay them no mind and I sure hope you find our site enjoyable. If you have any questions you can send me or any other mod a PM.

BTW, your grow is lookin' very good. I sure hope you keep it updated. good looking strain. keep up the good work.

:animbong: wa

7. SFC

SFC Latae Sententiae Excommunication

Wow Cannagirl. That is a very impressive first grow:ebert: We are glad to have you around here, I hope you stick around. Also as Wa said, If you need any assistance all of us Mods,and many of the growers here will be more than happy to help any way we can. Peace.

8. halfbreed420

halfbreed420 Begun Flowering

Looking good Canagirl! Very nice for your first time. Look like a pro to me!

Just a pic of my first grow. It's Bubbliscious also.

[​IMG]

I really like what you did with the training. I may have to try that myself.

Good luck.

9. Wild Bill

Wild Bill A Fat Sticky Bud

Great job Cannigirl and welcome to GK.

10. Cannagirl

Cannagirl Preheat to 420

Thanks guys for all your nice comments!

I studied about how to grow for about 4 months before I got my first seed. I think the research payed off.

Halfbreed- what day is your bubblicious at flower? I'm curious cuz I really wanna compare smells. Mine is pretty bubblegumish with some cotton candy mixed in. Today I walked in to the bloom room and for the first time I could smell the sweetness without even touching a plant....the whole rooms smells yummy [​IMG]

I will stick around! Overgrow takes too much time to load and is down too often. Plus, with less people, it's easier to get to know you guys....

11. Wild Bill

Study for four months? You're one of the smart ones.

12. halfbreed420

halfbreed420 Begun Flowering

Quote: from cannagirl on 12:33 pm on Feb. 7, 2006
    Thanks guys for all your nice comments!

I studied about how to grow for about 4 months before I got my first seed. I think the research payed off.

Halfbreed- what day is your bubblicious at flower? I'm curious cuz I really wanna compare smells. Mine is pretty bubblegumish with some cotton candy mixed in. Today I walked in to the bloom room and for the first time I could smell the sweetness without even touching a plant....the whole rooms smells yummy [​IMG]

I will stick around! Overgrow takes too much time to load and is down too often. Plus, with less people, it's easier to get to know you guys....

I didn't note when my plants started but I'm guessing they are around day 30-35. There may be a difference since you're growing Hydro and I'm using soil but I'm not smelling any "sweet" smell at all as of yet. Did your smell come on recently? My weed smells, it just smells like chlorophyl and ...well...weed. The trichomes are really starting to pick up now, almost doubling every couple of days so maybe it's yet to come.

I have also heard that not all "bubble gum" varietys end up smelling and tasting of bubble gum. I just hope at least one of my plants do.

13. Cannagirl

Cannagirl Preheat to 420

Actually that sounds about right. My plants smelled very chloropyl (sp) like for a very long time. In veg they almost smelled lemony too. The Sweet smell did not come on until about day 40. Watch for it. Best way (IMO) to judge is to rub some of the trichone covered leaves, thats where mine smell sweetest.

About the studying....Lol I had no real other choice. It took my a while to get my hands on seeds and while I was waiting I just read non stop. I finally got these seeds from Nirvana, and then it started.

I almost never get seeds in the weed I buy and one time I went to someone new and he gave me stuff with a ton of seeds. It was pretty crappy stuff but I tried to plant/germ a few and none sprouted...they were immature, not the right color. But the bug got me, and I absolutely HAD to grow from then on out.

(Edited by cannagirl at 2:32 pm on Feb. 7, 2006)

14. Wild Bill

I know the feeling. I have as much fun nurturing and watching my babies grow as I do smoking it. Maybe more. Puff, puff....well at least as much.

15. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

Hey Cannagirl real nice grow there, your a new person that studied, WOW!! just kidding I wish more new growers took the time to learn. Same goes here, if you need help just PM

me or anyone like Wild Bill, Wawona, just to name a few. Welcome to GK. Later

16. jerseydude

jerseydude Banned

Hi Cannagirl and welcome to GK, Good to have you here. Sorry about OG

Excellent job!!! :ebert:

Especially for a first grow. :biggrin:

Nice to see someone else do their 'homework' before starting to grow. Speaks very well of you. :smile:

BTW, beeeyoootiflll ladies you have there. :smile:

Wait until they're dried and cured and you can smoke the 'fruits of your labor'.

Nothin like smokin' your own homegrown.

PLEASE stick around.

17. Cannagirl

Cannagirl Preheat to 420

I'll definately stick around [​IMG] Especially with nice folks like ya'll around!

And it's just one girly....well unless you count the clones. Next time I take pics (in a couple days), I will take some better shots of the clone SOG...it's truckin along, just as fast as the mom grew. I would take pics every day lol, but it's my friends camera and I can only bug her so often....

Thanks again, such a warm welcome!

Oh, and today is day 45 and I just went out and took my first sample nugs. Right off the top of one of the main colas. They are a little close to the light these days anyways, so I felt ok about sacrificing (yeah right ;) ) to "save" her.....

Anywho, I have them on a rack on top of one of my warm fish tank filters. I figured the warmth would dry it quicker. I don't care about taste too much, I just want it dry fast without losing potency...anyone have any ideas on how to do that best?

(Edited by cannagirl at 3:48 pm on Feb. 7, 2006)

18. wawona

wawona The Trichome Connoisseur

Quote: from cannagirl on 5:43 pm on Feb. 7, 2006

And it's just one girly....well unless you count the clones.

Hell Yeah!!! count them clones as ladies too canngirl. Cause I bet you the law would count 'em. :lmao:

not tryin' to make you paranoid or anything. Just a lil growkind humor

:animbong: wa

19. Cannagirl

Cannagirl Preheat to 420

One thing I thought of. In the very beginning with this plants I fucked it up severly. I starved the poor thing. I was so afraid of nute burn (cuz everything said that happened to like everyone new) that I practicly fed her nothing. She got so yellow/brown discusting looking, I had to chop every single fan leaf. She was about 8 inches at the time. When I was through, she was just a pathetic stick with a few new groth sites poking out timidly.

I fed her sufficiently as the last thing I could think of (dumb me)....and she EXPLODED. From then on she towered over her two same age companions (both turned male [​IMG]). I think somehow, chopping off everything but new growth triggered the huge explosion. It was then that I bent her completely horizontally as an experiment, and the branches just grew straight up..and very fast cuz there was no fan leaf cover.

I wouldn't really advise anyone to try it if you only have a couple plants, but if you have one to spare, maybe it's something to think about. My girl came out well [​IMG]

20. Cannagirl

Cannagirl Preheat to 420

Don't I know it, the coppers would count em.

Other than internet people of course, it's just me and my best friend of over ten years. We have been inseperable since we were 9....she would never nark on me. Not in a million years. knock on wood lol

Plus, i'm giving her like an ounce. She has done a lot for me over the years, and this is a thank you.

(Edited by cannagirl at 4:03 pm on Feb. 7, 2006)