Chaz's Continuous grow

Discussion in 'Grow Log Forum' started by Chaz, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Old Resin

Old Resin Resinating

What I propose though is a straight through loop that vents no smell-so all you need is a bug screen-this system vents nothing from the tent-straight in-through the lights-straight out-only thing vented is heat from the lights. The point of the bug screen instead of the filter-is not to restrict air flow-just keep bugs out.

I run this set-up. Simple and cheap=KISS.

If you have a fresh air intake-you could prolly do the same, and save the money on those carbon filters-it's fresh air in-fresh air out.

My room is sealed for c02 so the house doesen't stink anyway.

I'll draw a picture...

2. Old Resin

Old Resin Resinating

Here's my vent-fresh air in-fresh air out-

My Space Vent.jpg

/monthly_2012_12/57a6ca7d5be28_MySpaceVent.jpg.57c067e10c799f0050dc02994957c693.jpg

3. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

so you whipped up that in 2 minutes?:roffl::kidding:

Seriously though very nice design :thumbs-up:

4. friendlyfarmer

friendlyfarmer Rollin' Coal

Old Resin, you don't use a carbon filter or a high capacity fan?

Butting in here - sorry. Looked at your diagram...

5. Old Resin

Old Resin Resinating

No I do not use a carbon filter or high cfm fan-I like to eliminate re-occurring costs and power hungry appliances. Also take into consideration that it is only a 12' duct run.

The key to using the booster fan is the short run-and a 90 degree elbow at each end. The blades on the booster fan are pretty flat-so you have to create drag and resistance.

I bought a carbon filter and a high cfm fan-and it took me about 10 minutes to realize I couldn't cool my lights by pumping the hot air from the room through the hot light. So, I cut a vent hole through the box of my house (undernearh my deck, and above an old cistern) and vented the cool air straight through my lights. As far as smell bleeding out of the fresh air intake-I put a flapper on the end that opens when the fan is on-and closes when it goes off ($4.00) I have a bug screen on the light intake ($8.00) None of the air from the room is ever vented outside so-no smell-no cell-no tell

6. Old Resin

Old Resin Resinating

No duc-I drew that up for Chaz already before-just don't know if I sent it to him or not..but there it is...

7. Chaz

Chaz Excommunicated

Thanks old res!

8. Midnight Garden

Midnight Garden Excommunicated

Chaz, what old resin is showing is very similar to my setup. Air gets drawn from the attic thru the light and then is exhausted back into the attic. I have another duct that draws air from the attic and then dumps it directly into the room. Lastly, I have a carbon scrubber that exhausts to my attic. This setup allows me to run 2 1kw lights in a 10x10 room without the room temps ever going over 78. This setup only works in winter, I'd need to change everything up and add an ac unit if it were summer.

[YOUTUBE]QgMxarFPKXc[/YOUTUBE]

9. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

An exhaust needs fresh intake. If you were trying to cool a room without correct passive intake it won't work. With the system you designed you simply created lower volume of air movement but fixed an intake issue. The trade off was enough to work in your garden. This would most likely not be the common experience for most HID light users with duct booster fans.

By the way....chaz does not have an AC nor sealed room for CO2. The needs are different than yours. He needs air circulation and good passive intake of good clean cool air. A screen simply keeps out big bugs. It does nothing for the dust accumulation, small pest or fungi that comes from outside air and is deposited in the garden.

10. Discorilla

Discorilla Shining like a Discoball!

Since you have so much money? Why wouldn't you buy an A/C? You'd save money, just buying what you need. Instead of buying things you hope will work.

My exhaust on the A/C empties into the rest of my apartment, and warms it up during the winter. The grow room is sealed off from the rest of the house, so the cool air stays in the room, and the hot air comes out into the living area. I don't have to run heat during the winter, because of this.

11. Old Resin

Old Resin Resinating

No-this is not the soloution to every-ones problem-it is however a concept that I can share with you all-that you can adapt for your own particular situation-just a thought starter-this is what works for me-everyone feel free to take anything useful from the design-thats it-thats all-nothng more than that...

The only bugs I ever get are gnats-and thats what mosquito dunks are for...the CO2 seems to take care of every thing else-that was my origional recomendation to chaz in pm-was to take the money he saved from not buying fan/filter combos-and buy a CO2 generator as he could solve his heat issue another way...and get rid of his ghetto CO2 machine. It was just my personal opinion that it would have been money better spent-of course chaz did not agree obviously-and now he still has the heat issue, and the ghetto CO2 machine-it's still all good for me....

BTW-good job disc-way to be green brother...

12. ResinRubber

Are-You-Nuts? Telling Chaz he needs to go further in over his head with a CO2 generator?

:BangHead:

Chaz be doing lots of things bassackward, the little toy CO2 thingie isn't helping or hurting.

13. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

He'll asphyxiate himself (sorry Chaz, can't help myself sometimes)

14. Old Resin

Old Resin Resinating

LOL!!! :roffl::roffl::roffl:

I guess that is like buying yer ol' lady an iron skillet...

15. Chaz

Chaz Excommunicated

I'm out of power. I live in a condo, and already have all my breakers maxed out. AC would def over do it and burn my house down.

Fuck yall. Heats under control.

16. Chaz

Chaz Excommunicated

Thanks for posting that. It gave me alot of ideas to work with. For a perminant solution. This is the 3rd day in a row I haven't exceeded 79F. I don't think I'll even open the new fan/filter when it comes. I've just been shutting the window at night and open the heater vent so the temps stay in the low to mid 60's at night, and when I wake up I open the window, and kick on a regular oscalating fan, check the temps, everything is nice and cool. BTW I also lowered the light 6" aswell. Sitting around 18" from the top of the canopy

17. ResinRubber

Just a note that was shared with me by a wise grower and accomplished cannabis guru when I was screwing up my early hash attempts.

There's a very very good hashmaker (who shall remain nameless) who used to be active as a member on GK. Legendary really if you dig through the old KICC archives in the Hash forum.

Anywho :redbong: when he was learning his craft as a rookie he damn near burned his kitchen down. :idea: it was a bad idea. He'll never live it down among those who know. :rofl:

18. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

why the big secret?

19. ResinRubber

Made a promise not to tell who.:redbong:

20. Chaz

Chaz Excommunicated

A MOD OR ADMIN PLEASE DELETE MY GROW THREAD, I AM OFFICIALLY LEAVING THIS SITE. PLEASE IF SOMEONE WOULD ALSO DELETE MY OTHER GROW LOGS, I REALLY DON'T WANT TO HAVE TO REMOVE THEM FROM MY PHOTOBUCKET ACCOUNT JUST TO GET THE PICS OFF THIS SITE.