DEA Raids Montana

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tony Aroma, Mar 15, 2011.

1. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

IM leaning on the Shady dealings thing here also on the bust!!

I dont like cops the decent ones are few and far between. When they stop ya they only cost you money!!!!!!!!

t6

2. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

As the truth comes out....Looks as tho there were questionable sales/trades between Montana Cannabis and another provider who was already under investigation. Still seems like overkill and a gaping hole in Montana legislation. Legal commercial caregivers should be able to supplement stock in registered transactions with other caregivers. In every other industry if a supplier falls short they can buy more product from the guy down the street, including pharmacies selling registered stock to one another.

What really bothers me is that the MT State Police joined in the effort.

3. nuggnester

nuggnester Pot & Poker Enthusiast

truthfully, not trying to start anything

Fuck cops Lion? Really? Not sure why but i'm shocked to here you say that. Maybe I'm alone with my thinking here. I agree a lot of them are big old douches...but the one time you really need one and he's not there, doesn't that make it worth it? If we didn't have cops...blah blah blah you know what I'm trying to say. Cops, or some sort of fallback authoritative figure, I feel are an essential part of our stability as a society (not very stable lately!) That being said the bad cops are detrimental to our society.

That sucks they didn't help you when you were on the side of the road...I'd say I've had the complete opposite experience...maybe I live in a place where people generally care more...but if they aren't doing anything, I've always been readily helped by a cop.

Some of them are on power trips...but they are all just following the laws set forth by our government/state/local governments...I'm willing to bet a couple of those guys in that Montana raid were secretly pro-mj. It's a job, and a really important one at that. I'm pretty thankful we have cops around.

Cops made me dole out some serious cash as a younger kid due to speeding tickets. I'm thankful honestly...i used to drive crazy and probably would have totaled a car or even worse hurt somebody else. I learned from those experiences...I'm not saying I needed a cop's help to do so, but it didn't hurt. I feel bad for the cops that truly try to do good...let small things go while trying to teach lessons/concepts to people to try and have them better understand their decisions and their consequences. They would be passed off immediately as a pig fucking asshole. Not right...

Again, playing devils advocate here...with regards to running out and buying some herb down the street after the dispensary runs out...

How do you guys feel about dispensaries just buying random product like that...now knowing what's in it...chemicals and such and then marking it up high? I'm not sure how it works but I would assume that's a reasonable assumption.

Obviously some of us get bags that we have NO CLUE as to what was in it...

but when you're dealing with the prices of a dispensary I'd sure like to have some background info on it. Wouldn't you?

4. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Gonna leave the other shit...don't even want to go there.

If I have a dispensary down the street from T6 and my supply runs low why shouldn't I be allowed to transact a sale between us? I know his style of growing and if I'm satisfied that it meets my customers' standards then that's all that should be needed. If I sell shitty product I'm only hurting myself in the long run.

It does beg the question of controlled recognized standards though. If we want to be recognized as a legitimate product then some sort of industry standard will have to evolve.

5. big t double

big t double i finally changed this

i can dig it res....and that standard should evolve in the free market...like UL labels on electronics or gold coin rating agencies

cops work for the state, and to screw up a great Murray Rothbard quote...the state is nothing more than a gang of thieves writ large...so i dont have any love for cops...sure theres non corrupt cops...good for them, ill still keep a pistol, cause when you really need a cop they never seem to be there

its unfortunate dispensaries keep getting busted...lion are you still the head shaker???...these kind of news reports deserve that.

6. Tony Aroma

Tony Aroma Let's Go - Two Smokes!

It just occurred to me: It took the DEA and several other agencies 18 months, and who-knows-how-many dollars, to determine that medical marijuana dispensaries that openly sell marijuana are in fact trafficking in a Schedule 1 controlled substance. I wonder how long it would take the DEA, and how much it would cost, for them to discover that you could buy a cup of coffee at a Starbucks.

7. AverageJoe

AverageJoe papa oom mow mow

When has a cop ever "been there, when you needed them"? That's fantasy.

8. ShadowWarrior

ShadowWarrior In The Spirit Realm

Well, I was at the Circle K a while back and curious about this new donut they had, and by sheer convenience, there was a cop at the register...but he seemed suspiciously annoyed by me asking if he had an opinion on the matter.:mashed: