Do you think a fan leaf can root?

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by Nilzar, Feb 18, 2009.

?

Do you think a fan leaf can root?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. LionLoves420

LionLoves420 Lazy Days In The Sun

I gotta say I got some hope for it. As skunky said, it can happen. Marijuana doesn't work the same as some plants when it comes to cloning. I am not saying this in very technical terms, but, any part of the plant that CAN root has the POSSIBILITY to grow an entirely new plant, flowers and all. The genetic material is there. Try it. That will be the proof. You got the start, keep it going and see what happens.

2. Nilzar

Nilzar A Fat Sticky Bud

Well the leaf is still going, looking alittle rough but its still going. As far as any new growth on the leaf, nor is the leaf getting any bigger. The roots on the leaf are growing though and I do have it in a nute solution.

When I took the fan leaf clone I was just goofing off, every time I took clones I have allways tried to get a fan leaf to root for some reason, and every time it failed. It just so happens this time it rooted and I was surprised.

I made this post because I wanted to know everyone's view on this and I wanted to see what everyone would say when they seen a fan leaf root. It definitely did strike up a conversation and I know I learned a little bit more about how plants work. Yeah the information in this thread wont help anyone grow bigger buds or optimize their lighting better but I found this all an interesting read and I hope everyone elese did too. I was not able to reply to this post as much as I would of liked to but computer issues have limited my ability to post on a daily basis.

I am still going to clone fan leafs when I clone to see if I can get one to survive and mabey grow bigger, but only when I take clones for real. I am not going to go out of my way and take like 50 fan leaf clones or anything stupid like that because that would just be a waste of time.

3. skunky

skunky labor smoke'n lumberjack

I know you will for sure one day find a fan leaf that will root and grow. If people can have fan leaves grow buds that there shows that a fan leaf can under certain circumstances produce a growth shoot. So I have faith that one day you will find a fan leaf that will be capable of producing a whole plant, now if this one does or not we just have to see. Have to say i'm interested to see, would be awesome if this one grows up:smokin:

4. WiZaRD

WiZaRD Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

I was going to pose this idea in my second post on this topic... I just thought it sounded absurd... MAYBE you can do something with the vein or stem of the leaf to create new growth, some alterations, splitting it down the vein/stem. Or maybe the roots will produce a new growth...

Just ideas I have up in the o'l noggin. Who knows... I want to experiment with it regardless. This has snagged my interest and it seems very challenging.

5. lukesmommy

lukesmommy "lil doobie"

who'd a thunk it? i know I learned something new today be reading these posts. Very interesting thread...