Duc's Spring run, it's a mixed bag.

Discussion in 'The Growkind Gallery' started by ducrider, Apr 11, 2017.

1. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

Your killing it ducrider. Loving the new light bar. :You_Rock_Emoticon:

2. CREATIVE GARDENER

CREATIVE GARDENER Cured Fat Sticky Bud

Hey Duc, long time no chat dude. Looks pretty good for a beginner! Ya still got it man.
    Be Cool , CG

ducrider likes this.
  3. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

Looks yummy for surr. That BB's cheese reminds me of pre 98 bubba kush except I hear its way easier to clone/grow. Love the light bar also, thats the rapid one with the round pin heatsinks right? Did you do the DIY or order it assrmbled?.

4. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

Good eye friend. The Indus bars are having issues and wiith replacement parts being scarce to unavailable I have begun upgrading to Rapid's cob racks as funds become available. They're the same DIY kits that Mr GJ reviewed the other week only I went with the Cree chips over the Vero 29's and one of my rails has 5 cobs rather than the standard 4. The 5th cob will cost you $50 but will the spacing down to 10" on center and extend the footprint to almost 60. Great kits other than not being shipped with any assembly instructions whatsoever.

5. Justcheckingitout

I am getting the thanks giving 20% off sale, might be 15% but either way I will prob get two as usual. Still got my onyx and induis. I like the cob. Cant wait to get. Will have just in time to flower the purple kush.

6. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

i'm having all kinds of problems with the led lately, prob just going to throw mine in a closet somewhere. prob will focus on hps/plasma mix

7. Justcheckingitout

What kind of leds are they?

8. nippie

they were the old rapid onyx bloom.

multi units going bad, some have sections that wont fire up anymore. i have hps ballasts that are literally twice as old that run perfectly fine. I think I'm sticking with what I know and now have the ability to test plasma on a large scale in combination with hps to provide a better spectrum

9. ducrider

Yeah I don’t blame you Nip. The Onyx bloom LED’s running as hot as the do and having such a small footprint really underperformed. Rapid’s Indus bars improved the footprint enough to make them usable but extruded heatsinks still ran quite hot.

The cobs leds combined with large pin type heatsinks and very effient drivers appear to have solved both issues.

10. Justcheckingitout

I am def getting 2 cobs next week. I think if I can save on the diy one, i will grab it. I seen a video of a guy build his and easy.

That indus bar heatsink get hot as hell. Thats for sure. It does put out a great footprint thou. The blooms are great for a small space with good exaust. I had sent two back but they fixed them free, one even after warranty was up. I love those guys.

Oh and what happend to that dab plant in your picture on previous page?. I had a pre 98 bubba kush usless gave me and it did same thing? I chopped it up as I fucked it up somehow. Lol

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  11. ducrider

Dude I'll never know what happened to that one, I've never had a plant just up & die like that before. The rest of the garden was fine..

When you order your cobs you can save yourself a few bucks if you delete the driver rack, the dimmer for the driver and the hanging kit. You don't really need any of those options and it''ll save you 20-30 bucks. That'll help offset the 5th cob & higher output. Assembling the DIY Cob racks is easy as pie as long as you take your time with the wiring, troubleshooting when the leds don't fire means taking shit back apart and who wants that.. Hit you youtube for an instructional video and you'll be set.

12. nippie

they produced decent buds, but i swear watt for watt not a difference between that and hps specially when it came to heat. if anything hps out produced watt for watt, but cooling was always an issue

i'm thinking double ended hps with gavitas in between. hopefully i can be up by spring.

I would like to see more of the rapid bars, but i just don't know if it would be on par with what i expect if that makes sense. the oynx units kinda turned me off led

13. Justcheckingitout

I unexpectedly got a $1300 check for my fence from my insurance company, it was not dammaged, just blown over alittle by wind. I can re do post and all set. I could put the cash twards my roof deductible but 2 nice rapid cobs sound better. :stoned-smiley:

Oh and i just seen where you can save $100 on the 2' x 4' diy kits than the put together ones. So ad the 15-20% saving for thanksgiving day sale and wooohooo!

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
  14. GrowKing

GrowKing Member

id like a blueberry cobb