DWC or RDWC questions......bring em here!?!?!!!

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Cultivation' started by CCrete, Dec 7, 2010.

1. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

Excellant! Thanks! Shit. Just thought of one more. Do you need a ppm meter for this or just adjust nutes and ph? That would change the start up cost which would kill me right now. Otherwise, 3 bucks a bucket, netpots, new airstones (I like those round ones better than the aquarium ones), and I have a couple pumps from when I had 75 gal and 50 gallon fish tanks (if I can find the fuckers after 15 years). Screw Christmas, I want big, bushy, fat budded plants!

edit: sorry, I have to spread rep around. You deserve more from me.

2. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

ppm meter is a bonus....i dont have one

3. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

I wish I had (secure) access to a basement.

Useless tried to help me with my aeroponics, but I can't keep it cool enough in the summer.

Another problem is that although I have a decent-sized room to flower, I only have a cab like rr (?) recently posted. I guess I could try one bucket.

4. CCrete

For sure MrA...you can control a bucket with frozen bottles of water and covering the top of the bucket with mylar or something that will completely keep the bucket in the dark, that REALLY helps out A LOT, also a good tip is to make sure that you FILL your pots to the very top or even overflow them a bit to make sure NO LIGHT gets into your water, depending on your net pots some of them have holes all the way to the top and you must fill it completely or light WILL travel and heat up your solution and create algae

Your anal as all hell man, you'd kill a $20 dwc bucket!

5. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

I AM anal as all hell, but what do you mean by 'kill a $20 dwc bucket'?

I already have an air pump, net pots, and lava. I just need an air stone.

I use Botana in my hempy; that should work. If I need GH (not sure why), I found a hydro store near Harrisburg.

I'll be taking clones soon; in fact, the last batch are still in SOLOs, soon needing transplant. I know T6 doesn't like SOLOs, but I don't have a grow cave like him.

6. CCrete

by kill a bucket I mean you'd do a very good job on a DWC bucket grow, you cna use whatever you wanna use Mr. blister!

7. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

:lmao:

OK. I get the 'kill'.

I think I do alright, esp. now that the temps. are optimal.

Here's a pic. that I just shared with T6

It's CM, only in a 2.5, but the fucking cola wont stay upright!!!

[​IMG]

I so wish I had a basement to utilize!!!

8. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

3 Lowes buckets - check (new)

6 net pots for 5 gal buckets - check (new)

1 oxygen shield air diffuser - check (new)

1 aquarium air pump - check (had)

25 ft air line - check (had)

3 Mr. Nice NL#5 X Skunk - check (had)

Well, I seem to be on my way. Need a couple more buckets, air diffusers, maybe another pump. Why haven't my plants finished flowering? Don't they know I have this shit ready to go?

Once I get a couple plants out of my tent, I'll throw these, NL5's (about 3 weeks in hempy in veg) in ahead of the lemonberry, which I said I'll do in soil and still will. Happy Frog is waiting for the Lemonberry.

Thanks Chris. A little broker but I'm sure come March - April I'll be a happy camper.

9. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

Question on medium

I have a big bag of perlite. Can I use this for dwc instead of hydroton or just wait till I can get some?

10. No, I would not use the perlite

11. bncooldude13

bncooldude13 I supply your drug dealer

Nope, floats to the top bud.

12. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

I was thinking that would happen.

13. CCrete

go to lowes or HD and get some lava rocks, wash them off very good....just like you would the hydroton

14. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

Going tomorrow. Thanks. I just may get this off the ground.

15. ScottyG420

ScottyG420 Marijuana Handler

I have a pretty nice pump with 2 air channels. I'm running the both into the same bucket with 6" airstones. Its damn bubbly. I like playing around with this stuff.

16. CCrete

Scotty, you were soooooo freaked out a few weeks ago, now look at our baby boy, ALL GROWN UP!

Get em Scotty! PUT EM IN A BODY BAG JOHHNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. Useless

Useless Diogenes Reincarnate

If you are going to buy lava rock, braek one of them open and smell it. No smell = good stones. Smells bad = bad stones that break down into silt in your system.

18. blah blah boy

blah blah boy Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

I got a quick question.

My set up:

http://www.growkind.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40862&page=3

scroll down for the pics.

Does the water need to moving/turning a lot when I just have the pump putting water in the bucket?

The only reason I ask is I hooked up the system and gave it a trial run with just water to see how much pressure there was. The 500 GPH pump did the job but not at speed that I hoped. I changed to a 1000gph pump and it is flowing faster but not like a current down a river. Each bucket is quite. Should there be movement before the air stones or is that the only thing in the buckets that give it it's frothy look?

I have a 15" fall from 3" return pipe in the control bucket, that should give me enough DO. right?

19. CCrete

Your D.O. is great but i think what your aiming for is more of a UC system and they have massive GPH pond pumps and much larger plumbing that enables the flow to be less restricted, thus creating that frothy look (which isnt always a good thing) YOur return lines are far to small to have the speedy flow that you want......your getting the solution in there at a high rate but its not returning at the rate you want it too correct? it should be returning at atleast a 20% increase of speed due to the level of fall back to the controller, i think that was what your thinking??? i dunno....but thats why them guys use the tubs instead of buckets, they have the longer spacing inside of them to make the flow less restricted from in to out.....more squat tub.. than a bucket thats taller than wider.....the plumbing is further apart inside the tubs making the water flow much easier and utilizing the pump to full capacity of it ability.......it sounds like you might be stressing your pump out and it could fail prematurly, just a hunch tho

YOur design looks great and souns great

I run a 780gph pump and have no isses at all....i run a 4inch round hockey puck style airstone in each bucket and one in the ressy and one in the control bucket, it keeps things groovy!

only problem at hand now a days is roots getting into the lines and clogging the back to flow

20. ScottyG420

ScottyG420 Marijuana Handler

crap

I just set up 4 DWC buckets with Skunk #1 clones.

But I just fucking realized that I mixed that solution waaaayy too strong. I went out and shut off the pumps. The buckets only been running about an an hour. It's too late to go out to the grow house and go upstairs and get the bucks and remix the shit and then take 'em back outside to the grow house and it's 20 below and I just don't fucking feel like it right now.

I shut off the pumps. The plants should be OK...I think.

I'll change it out properly tomorrow but right now I gotta go to bed.