DWC or RDWC questions......bring em here!?!?!!!

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Cultivation' started by CCrete, Dec 7, 2010.

1. blah blah boy

blah blah boy Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

You probably want to flush them as soon as you can and circulate that water. I hope the hell you have at least an air stone in there? I never heard of shutting off the pumps.

What I have learned though, that soil is more forgiving than hydro growing.

my .02

2. ScottyG420

ScottyG420 Marijuana Handler

I went out and turned the pumps back on this morning so the solution will circulate while I'm at work. As soon as I get home from work today, I'll go out there and change the solution to water and flush it out.

3. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

you'll should be ok, just dump out the solution, fill with plain water and let it run for atleast 24 hours, maybe 36-48...depends on how they respond. Then mix a light mixture and start over from there

4. ScottyG420

Thanks Chris. I'm at work and I been worried. Hpefully ill be home in less than 3 hours.

5. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

Ta-Da....

3- 3 1/2 Gallon buckets for veg

[​IMG]

LA Confidential

[​IMG]

LA Con & 2 NL#5 X Skunk (Mr. Nice) Took them out of hempy (I think hempy sucks. I never had plants in veg look so bad)

[​IMG]

And in their new home

[​IMG]

6. ScottyG420

Looks great, LSB!

Congrats on that.

Plants are looking good!

7. bncooldude13

bncooldude13 I supply your drug dealer

ISticky......very nice on them buckets.

So you fallowed Chris's instruction.

pretty sweet man, :anibong:

GL, keep us updated :mashed:

8. CCrete

:bong-2: :not-worthy:

9. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

Update

These suckers are taking off!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. CCrete

How ya like the DWC now ????

11. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

I'm REALLY, REALLY liking it.(I like DWC as much as I hate the jets )Oh and thanks for being the first to type the jets how they should be! I think after my Lemonberry grow I might just do DWC. Thanks for showing me how. And it's a LOT easier than I thought. Even easier than soil.:bong-2: You deserve more rep if I could give it to you.

12. CCrete

Hey, im just glad you stuck with it.....hydro is super intimidating cuz of all the parts but with 4 parts, life is GOOOOOOOOD!

Keep it up:passsit:

13. ScottyG420

Damn. Just when I think I understand something...what is a float valve, what does it do? I know there's one in my toilet, but for a hydro grow? The toilet float?

AWWWW...nevermind dude. I just need to learn to get DWC dialed in first. I gotta learn some more.

14. CCrete

Hey......mandingo...

I didnt think you had enough space for a Backup ressy.....

I run those 4 pot systems with just a control tub only, no MAIN vein ressy.....with all the buckets and control tub, I might keep 20 or so gallons in there and for only 3-4 weeks in flower do I have to fill up the control tub to get it back to operating levels, just dump a 5 gal of PHd water in there and your good........float valves suck anyhow, theyre all made to break and clog n jam.......then you get pissed and have to do PITA maintenance

15. ScottyG420

So I don't need the toilet float valve?

16. CCrete

No sir

17. ScottyG420

cool. for a uc set up, do you need 1 pump in the res sending water out, and another at the end where the pipes form a T through which the nutes travel back to the res?

18. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

CC,

I have a few questions.

Thinking about making the leap of faith on the next grow or with some clones, questions are..

What would a decent set up for a 600?

What's the biggest con of each?

What's the approx cost of each entire set up(no nutes or anything just equipment)?

Whats the cost difference between DWC and RDWC?

Can you run RDWC withOUT a chiller?

Is it possible to LST or encourage branching while vegging while using these methods? Is it even needed?

Is there any diff to DWC vs soiless besides knocking off a week or two veg time?

Thanks,

Nip

19. CCrete

you need a stone in every single tub/bucket and ressy and control tub, more the merrier

20. CCrete