Exploring

Discussion in 'The Growkind Gallery' started by MrAstro, Nov 10, 2008.

1. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

Look What I Found!
    Anybody know what it is?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Little bastard took-off just after this pic. I yelled for 15-20 min.'s! This was on a farm property with 'No Trespassing' sign's that we clearly disreguarded. I'm waiting to hear a shot, as he may have doubled-back toward's the cow's.
    Around here(and everywhere), there's too many idiot's that will knowingly shot a dog(sport?)if they get too far away from you!
    I'm all for hunter's right's, but just like 'fathering a child', there's too many dumb fuck's out there!
    My buddy was shot in the face via shotgun! LOL! He's not sure who it may have been, but the report's are conflicting...accidental or intentional??
    Anyho...
    Hope All you History Buff's(Herb?)Enjoy The Pics.

2. OneHitterInOz

OneHitterInOz A Fat Sticky Bud

I'll bet ya anything it was Dick Cheney...sorry had to lol.

3. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

I was thinking about him, at the time! :rofl6:

4. NeonLights

NeonLights Excommunicated

Well would you like to tell us??? What is it???? Some blocks and a stream and some trees and Mort and....????

5. ncmaineac

ncmaineac Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

looks like a place to grow bud

i have no idea other than that...looks like good place to grow bud

6. Guerilla Family

Guerilla Family Serious Guerilla Farmer

Overflow

Looks like an overflow for the pond. That is a pond in the back right? That would be my guess.

GFAM

7. HappyJay

HappyJay Red Eyed Jedi

I wouldn't be wanting to grow there, unless its your property with the no tresspassing sign

Main reason being here, most property owners know their lands, expecially othe sections around water. Now given this is an overflow duct for the dam, pond, and there is a man made bridge to cross it, I would say there would be a high chance your girls will be found or flooded.

8. FieldsofOH08

FieldsofOH08 New Sprout

Looks like a part of the old canal system in Ohio ...familiar like?

9. AverageJoe

AverageJoe papa oom mow mow

FOUND IT :thumbsup: :jj:

[​IMG]

10. brand

brand Begun Flowering

Looks like there is a dead deer in the second pic at the end. Maybe thats what he is talking about. Not sure really. But he will enlighten us soon.:icon_confused:

11. Psycho D

Psycho D LEE VAN SPLEEF

Whoa! I have no idea what I'm supposed to be looking for in those pics bro! Can ya circle it for me or somethin'?! Whooo. I'm stoned too I guess. lol

12. skunkrnaught

skunkrnaught Flying magic hemp carpet

Looks like a dam overflow. They probably put the walls in to stop erosion. I didn't see a dead deer in the pic.

13. CaptKush

CaptKush Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

Its a trick!:icon_confused:

14. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

Feilds Get's An A+

It's actually a lock in an old canal system. It's the same way ship's pass thru the Panama Canal. We used canal's before The Iron Horse. The pond in the back was once part of the canal. During the Civil War, alot of munition's passed thru here.

This is The Tunnel(restored park further down)

They dug this thru solid rock; a road passes over-top. They would walk the mule's over the hill and use pole's to push the canal boat's thru the tunnel.

North Entrance

[​IMG]

South Entrance

[​IMG]

Mort

[​IMG]

Thank's For Lookin'!

15. NeonLights

NeonLights Excommunicated

Very interesting

16. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

I knew what it was... :)

17. HappyJay

HappyJay Red Eyed Jedi

I like little bits of history.

Its amazing the things our forefathers built, with such quality, will probly outlast most of the buildings built today.

Explooring in some of the old goldfields up Palmerston and Lakeland downs, (big gold rush like 160 years ago I think), trying to imagine the thousands of chineese that lived there, being hunted and eaten by aboriginals. Now just savvanah land and scrub with a few reminders strewn threw if you look close. Old steel fasteners to hold the wheels of the buggies together, old steam engine used for a stamper, mines dug by hand into solid rock that go deper than you can see, etc.

One of the properties I visit and pan was one of the main settings during the rush. I have pretty much sole hunting rites on the property as the farmer is dead against hunting and tresspasers. I helped him out a few times and rebuilt his windmill, so he let me camp out and cheak out the place and the history. After a couple days exploring, I came back with some photos of an old marker tree with carvings in it that date back to the rush. It was a marker for a rout between two towns that no longer exist and it sure spun me out when he told me this. I have read the many different books relating to the rush in the area, "battle of butchers hill" is a good one, so I knew of the towns he mentioned. After a good long talk and a couple visits, I fixed a few fences and now spend a hell of a lot of time travelling the many hours drive up there, for a bit more exploring, pan for gold and generally cause havock on the pig populations.

18. UrBigBuddie

UrBigBuddie MEDI-GROWER

Hahaha... Cool...

OMG, i thaught we were supposed to be looking for some kinda ITEM or SOMEHING in the areas where you Showed...lmao:)

I Honestely thaught i was to find sumthin in the waer, or next oti..:icon_confused: :) :laughing5:

Good 1 though,:smokin: :)

But How the hell cud WE Guess that?? lol I think you showed us the "East side" tunnel Part!!! lol:laughing5:

Peace out,

UBB......... :thumbsup:

19. CaptKush

CaptKush Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

Ya I thought it was a Where's Waldo type of deal. Too many weeds today.

20. EvilSkuzzi

EvilSkuzzi Sweet Guy

Its a dog! We have them in the UK too.