Getting the band back together!

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by Justcheckingitout, Aug 28, 2018.

1. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

Ok, so I seen the biggest music fest in the south east is going on again this year. We have played this one before. Bands all over the county try to get in. So I email the promoter and get a email back the same day saying it would be great having our band play again. Since I play acting manager I got a bunch of shit to do and dealing with 2 ex former band members was on my list today, dealing with pre madonas is a pain in the ass. Yes my old bass player that I hate, I hired back for this show. I wanted to play our first original album and well if you dont have all the original members the crowd doesnt like it much. I am excited about doing this. Its 170 bands on 30 stages and 10's of thousands of people and 1'000's of whores. So it's right up my alley. Here is a sample of what to expect to see.... 20180827_203741.jpg

Herb, blazerwill420, ducrider and 3 others like this.
  2. Herb

Herb Mountain Man

Have fun man. My neighbor has a band that plays locally but they're pretty good. Dark country music is their meme, but it's all original stuff they write themselves. I have the benefit of hearing them practice every other night. :roll:

3. Justcheckingitout

If I had a dollar for every studio we have built over the past 25 years. Use to do the garage band stuff way before but issues with neighbors and cops and people hanging out or just people walking or driving down the street that would stop by got crazy. People smoking crack out by the garage, chicks walking in saying "wheres the drugs, I will blow you for a line"...all kinds of stuff, atleast in a studio you can control that stuff to the way you want. Lol

4. Justcheckingitout

I already fired the old bass player before the first meeting, that tucker is weirded out. Started demanding shit and complaining I was running the show, fuck him, I do run the show, that's how we get shit done, I got a better guy now so things are flying along. Hoping Mad Max will be able to come over for the show. It's going to be a huge one.

Max Rockatansky likes this.
  5. Discorilla

Discorilla Shining like a Discoball!

Hope it's a killer show! Blow the other bands out of the water!

6. Herb

Herb Mountain Man

We are fortunate to live WAY out of town...pretty much as far away as you can get and still have power. LOL! No worries about people stopping by really...not around here anyway. Good luck with everything. I know how bands can be. I once did a gig as the sound tech for a buddy of mine's band. Someone clearly needs to run the show as everyone has their own opinion and none of them wants to hold the reigns....most times anyway.

7. Max Rockatansky

Max Rockatansky Hurricane wrestler.......

I've convinced the G/F to go :)
    Im thinking about bringing my good camera and taking some pictures :)

MAD MAX

8. bigbudztoo

bigbudztoo growin the good stuff

knock it out of the park, if a video gets made of you guys, I wanna see it.

9. Justcheckingitout

We will get some good video. We used a killer video production company last time. 4 Cameras and 2 drones. I thought for sure the drone was going to crash into drummer, this was 2 years ago when the good drones were the size of voltswagons Lol. But the hd video and mixed Dolby sound came out good. They took the sound from the sound board to help keep crowd noise down.

ducrider and Herb like this.
  10. Justcheckingitout

it's going to be a killer time.

Max Rockatansky likes this.
  11. Justcheckingitout

Gigs over, back to much needed growing work. I will get more pics this week.

12. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

[​IMG]

Damn Check- nice ass you have there. :roll:

13. Justcheckingitout

She had a good body...