GH 3 part - Useless' formula

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Cultivation' started by Useless, May 30, 2009.

1. Steel Erection

Steel Erection Germinating

I'm using botanicare calmag. Has N in it. The problem really isnt in bloom its in veg. And yes it is a lot of calmag...Thats why I'm here. 3/4 plus 5 means how I mix usually. I start with 3/4 strength and as I try to dial I usually wind up mixing 3/4 plus another 5 gallons so in a 50 gallon res I mix for 42.5 gallons. I watch my ph if it goes up I need to mix heavier next time. If it goes down I mix a lil lighter. No temps are usually in check r/h usually good. The additives and amounts I use along with the Useless formula were given to me by GTD...Besides the calmag he uses I think 7ml. I know they work check out some of his grows. Again the symptoms I have are purple stalks, petioles, slow stunted growth and discoloration. Thanks for your replies guys. Any and all help is appreciated.- SE

2. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Danny from over at the Farmer? Used to be a member here.:roffl::roffl::roffl: He can grow the shit out of some weed tho.

3. Steel Erection

Yes Danny at the farm. I'm growin similar strains, some are the same. But using a differeent medium. Spoke to him a while back and he gave me the additives and amounts he used. And lol yes he is a very good grower. Thats why I'm stickin with this formula. Don't get me wrong I'm having respectable yields. But I can do better with Usless's formula. I want to dial this in. - SE

4. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

To dial in you need to refine what you're doing. Back to basics, then alter only one variable per grow to gauge effectiveness.

5. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

:thumbs-up:have to spread some rep before

that would be my advice, some strains don't even need cal/mag at all, others hungry for it. Start with the schedule exactly and see what you need. If you notice cal/mag issues treat them, if not..don't.

the silica, I'm not sure why you are running, I personally haven't heard any benefits to using this except in closed systems that the temps are high in. That's from my experience, I could be wrong, but I would like to see a source on it other than from the person selling the product.

I saw that you used the hammerhead/moab combo. I think I have read the same info as you and was going to try this, never did so I can't say yea or nea, but I would stick to the basics and grow from there. I would be extremely interested in side by side on that:popcorn-2: as i would have tried this if it where avail in my market.

If you know the strain, then you know what it can tolerant, just don't go overboard. I've heard people feeding up til harvest because they think it's going to help them, cause more nutes means more bud...that's not true in most cases.

Get some pix up for better help, it's way easier to look at a plant than hear a descipt of the problem...sometimes words ae subjective and don't mean the same to you and i, but pix don't lie.

I would check PPMs also though, you may just be running to high and easy fix

6. Steel Erection

I changed out the res on my mothers the other day. I took away the calmag so I guess we will see what happens here soon. I left the mix in the 2 tables I'm veggin the same. Anyone else runnin this in flood and drain tables? Anyone using R/O with this? Anyone use calmag or any other additives with the Useless formula?

7. JuggaloKing420

JuggaloKing420 Just clownin around

I remember a thread about this over at the farm. I'm pretty sure we conversated about using Epsom Salt instead of Cal Mag because the GH already has Calcium in it, but lacks the Mag. So essentially, what you're doing is overdosing on Cal. The deal with nutes isn't how many ppm's you push into your plants, it's all about getting the right ratios in your mix. Off the top of my head, I can't tell you what the right ratios are, but I'm pretty sure you need to drop the Cal/Mag and go with Epsom instead.

8. Steel Erection

I started a thread over there about the same thing. Are you SDgrower over there? If so I was gonna try to pm you there today. I got 2 tables veggin right now still using the calmag. I know even with the issues I'll pull a decent harvest so I didn't want to deviate from the normal mix. I got a new round of clones to replace my moms. So I figured I would try taking the calmag from the mothers. I mixed Monday and ph yesterday. So hopefully I'll see something in the next few days, good or bad. If I start to see a defciency I'm gonna try the epsom salts. I think I'm definetaly locking something out somewhere. Just need you guys to help me figure out what I'm locking out. LOL. Thanks -SE

9. JuggaloKing420

JuggaloKing420 Just clownin around

Nope, I'm JK420. But yea, good luck with the grow.

10. Useless

Useless Diogenes Reincarnate

Tell GTD to give me a ring. He changed his digits since I last saw him. Mine are the same. Tell him he dont want me to talk about Tommy's burgers, so call me up. :roffl::roffl::roffl::roffl:

And, too much Ca and Mg will cause N problems. I've told this to him previously.

Did not read the thread, but will review in the AM to figure out your problem man. Just skimmed it and had to bump it for a sober reply tomorrow.

Cheers

11. Steel Erection

Useless thanks for your reply. I was really hoping you would chime in. Please tune me up. As far as GTD I'll relay the message. Thanks Bro - SE

12. Steel Erection

Usless where ya at? I need a tune up? -SE

13. greenjah

greenjah A Fat Sticky Bud

I also use the useless formula with RO water. I use promix, not hydro but promix has nothing in it so I would say the mix would be good for hydro.

anyway I use only the 3 part only and in veg I only mix 20 millaliters per 5 gal of botanicare calmag and in flower I use 5 per gal so 25 per 5 gal.

this has been working great for every grow for the last year and a half or more and I have a grow done every 2 weeks so thats a lot of grows with no nutrient issues.

strain's have been blue dream, blue cheese, and king kush. (sativa dominant).

and purple trainwreck, goo, hash haze, and grand daddy purple. (indica dominant).

14. Steel Erection

Thanks bro. I took the calmag away from my mom 2 weeks ago and I honestly think they are looking better. I'm gonna pull everything except the 3 part my next veg. If I see deficiencies I'll deal with them as they come. But goin to just the 3 part-SE

15. Useless

Useless Diogenes Reincarnate

So your cal/mag issue is in veg?

And as someone else pointed out, the silica really isn't beneficial unless you have heat issues.

16. Bje4201

Bje4201 Vegetating

I've read that you don't need nutes for about 10 days after a seed sprouts, is that a true statement? I guess it wouldn't matter if you used clones, but I haven't gotten that deep into it yet.

17. AlienBait

AlienBait Custom User Title

7-10 days. Yes, that is correct.

18. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

Yes it does matter if you use clones, week 1 is when they clearly have roots and can handle feeds.....don't try to "feed" a cutting

19. Bje4201

Bje4201 Vegetating

I have another question. If I've read this thread right I shouldn't use the koolbloom I got until week 5 of flower. Am I correct?, and do I follow directions on bottle or is there another formula for that? Also have calmag, but not using it till I see a problem, used Epsom salts in veg to cure some yellowing. I forget who said it would work but props to them anyway. Thanks

20. Adower

Adower Germinating

Quick questions regarding the nutes values. Should the the values listed be for the nutes alone or nutes plus starting ppm. For example my water is 245 out of the tap. Should I be shooting for 1245ppm after adding nutes? Or 1000 total giving me 755 nutes I but 1k ppm total.

Also are you topping your res daily? If so do you adjust ph right away or wait 24 hrs to adjust ph.