Green Light Rooting Powder

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by Graperoom, May 24, 2012.

1. Graperoom

Graperoom Germinating

Hi everyone. i'm getting ready to cut some clones soon. i picked up this rooting hormone powder from Lowe's, by Green Light. has anyone used this? i was planning on cloning in jiffy peat pellets. can someone please give me some advise? Peace, and many clouds.......

2. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

Never used Green Light Rooting Powder, but I have used Shultz Rooting Powder with success. Basically just follow the directions. Soak the cuttings in water and then dip the stem with a 45 degree angle cut into the powder until covered about 1/2" up the stem and place into your moist peat puck. You'll want to use a humidity dome to help increase the humidity for at least the first few days to a week.

3. skunky

skunky labor smoke'n lumberjack

^^^ What he said. I used that cheap crap from Lowes, home depot, wal-mart where ever I could find the schultz. Was cheap and worked fine. But then again I've had good success without using any kind of rooting hormone using bubble and aero cloners, as well as rapid rooters in a humidity dome. Just make sure your hands and scissors or razor is clean I also flame and alcohol wiped my stuff before getting started. Also whatever you put them in. Honestly cloning like growing in hydro, cleanliness goes a loooooong way.

4. Graperoom

Graperoom Germinating

Thanx for good info bro. much appreciated. but let me get something strait, you use NO rooting hormone at all when you use rapid rooters? just cut and stick em in there? i just wanted to make sure i understood you correctly.

5. dlr42

dlr42 King of GrowKind

Yep.

Read through this link.

http://forum.growkind.com/showthread.php?t=24681

It will tell you all you need know.

Good luck.

Peace.....