Grenco Science MicroG vape pen

Discussion in 'Paraphernalia' started by ResinRubber, Sep 9, 2014.

1. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Product name: Grenco Science MicroG

Period of use: About two months and running

Manufacturer sheet: Owners Manual link http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0185/1576/files/micro-manual_04.jpg

Initial cost of the product. $50 on sale at the Hideaway

How or where acquired? Purchase

Would you purchase the product again? No

Would you recommend the product? Only for an inexpensive pen if you can't pop for something more substantial.

The MicroG is a cheap, flimsy imitation of what a good pen should be. I figured out why you get two, it's because the first one breaks before it even needs it's first recharge. The second has been in use for 7 weeks with no failure. If your broke, or a college kid, pick one up on sale because they're cheap and serviceable.

It has the standard button lock so you don't vape your pocket. The element and tank don't look to be ceramic and at this price I wouldn't expect it to be. The mouth piece fit is a pressed o-ring that lacks a solid feel and is a sure failure point in the future. Pretty lackluster piece altogether.

The kit, pictured below, includes the following; 2 portable vaporizers (2 Rechargeable Batteries, 2 Original microG Coils, 2 Original microG Mouthpieces) as well as 1 engraved G Keychain with attached microG Tool, 5 microG Mouthpiece Sleeves, 1 G Wall Adapter, 1 Original microG Wired USB Charger, 2 G Glass Containers, and 3 G Cleaning Tips.

[​IMG]

Honestly..I loaned out my Dabbler and want it back. I'd give them the entire damn kit if they'd only return my Dabbler.** a late admission....I picked this set over others because it was cheap and the chick behind the counter pushing it was a young slim long haired blonde that kept fogging up my sunglasses.

**This is not a plug....but it damn may as well be.

2. Grown in Tx.

Grown in Tx. Locked and Loaded

Man my son uses these, has for about a year. He gets the kit on e bay for like25 bucks. I have used it several times no problems. A buddy bought a white rhino pen for 100 bucks, and I wasn't impressed comparing it the micro g. Those are the only 2 that I have tried so i don't have allot of experience with them.

He has replaced them once during that year but I figured he wore them out as much as he uses them.

3. greenjah

greenjah A Fat Sticky Bud

I got that, it seemd to be the best one out of the cheap ones but its still a cheap one. The wax seems to melt down into the intake holes and after a while you cant hardly hit it.

4. ResinRubber

Oddly enough, the second pen when bad last night right after writing the review.

So for $50 I rented two vape pens for 2 months. Not a good deal.

5. skunky

skunky labor smoke'n lumberjack

Adjustable voltage battery and low resistance atomizers and cartomizers are where it's at unless you want to get into mods and drip oil. All of the elements no matter what you buy burn out over time. If you use it frequently they have to be replaced every 2-4 weeks. Just the nature of the beast. The gentlemen vape cartridgess are holding up well so far.

6. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

I was given a Pax personal vape for a present. (I have nice friends) It works pretty damn good. Well kind of. No matter how often I take it apart and clean it the mouth piece has to be pried open from what I assume is resin residue. I've cleaned it with the wipes that came with it and regular achohol but it still has to be pried open but once it's open and warmed up it hits like a champ. The chamber holds enough for about 20-25 hits (1 good session). You can have 2 people use it but you have to give it a couple of seconds before you can hit it again.It needs to be recharged after 3-4 uses or if it sits around for a couple weeks.

[​IMG]

7. ResinRubber

All I know is what happens with stuff I use. The Dabbler has been going strong since sometime around Christmas with near daily use for most of that time. My daughter has a Dabz that has been going strong for 4 months with infrequent use.

2 MicroG's down in 2 months. That's not a good thing.

8. skunky

Yeah I guess I misspoke. I If course haven't used all pens. But for an oil or wax rig all the ones I saw all had replacement elements and a lot hand expected life and change intervals. I've got a month on my gentlemen's carts so far. They say they are good for 30-1g Refills. Eventually though that dabbler coil will go out, so if you don't have extra coils you may pick some up So you're good to go. Just not near as fast as the g pen. Had the same issue with the zema pro 3 in 1. I burned it up in a Damn week. Was not happy. I'll have to check the dabler thread pitch and see if I can snag a couple of their chambers to check out.

9. Grown in Tx.

Grown in Tx. Locked and Loaded

Sorry, I lied. I asked my boy how many micro g's he's been through, he buys a new kit about every 4 months, that's with smoking on that thing all day though. Hell I thought he just took care of them, I should have known. But I know they work great while they're working.

10. ResinRubber

I'm thinking it has to do with a ceramic or glass vape tank. The Dabz is glass with a drip. The Dabbler is ceramic (have a replacement just in case). The Grenco's is stainless steel. The greater expansion properties of the steel probably breaks heating elements more frequently than glass or ceramic.

11. skunky

Yeah that's most likely exactly why. The gentlemen v2s I'm using are ceramic and inconell wire.

Here's those Just to see what I've been referring to. http://www.gentlemansvapes.com/products/v2-mega-oil-cartridge-holds-1-gram-new

12. friendlyfarmer

friendlyfarmer Rollin' Coal

Fuck pens. It's a fad.

For wax give me a torch and globe.

13. ResinRubber

That globe and torch are a bit conspicuous in public. My pens are not.:thumbsup:

14. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

Hey res, My Dabler is still going strong.. I need to get a back up heating coil. :redbong:

15. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

my g pen is still kicking ass, got an herbal and a wax pen!

16. friendlyfarmer

If I'm traveling I've got my wickie. If weed's not enough, smoke hash. And who the fuck wants to dab in public? I'm so stoned after a real dab (not one of these pen hits which is never a real hit anyway) I don't want to be in public.

My opinion, all this pen nonsense is just that - nonsense. Replacement parts? Jesus life is already a PITA. Why complicate it further?

FUCK PENS

17. ResinRubber

To each their own for their own reasons. :passit:

18. friendlyfarmer

Apologies. Got in a fight with the wife and kicked the dog. Was feelin' mean.

(kidding kind of. didn't kick nobody...)

19. skunky

LOL it happens. And yeah If you buy crap stuff like res did with the grenco and I did with the zema pro it's complete pain in the ass. Right equipment it's good stuff. I love mine. Going to be making more wax and vape oil this weekend. Maybe tonight.

20. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

Hey skunky, how do you make your pen oil?