GrowKind Fantasy Football League

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by ScottyG420, Aug 17, 2011.

1. LionLoves420

LionLoves420 Lazy Days In The Sun

Ah...should check my e-mail....

2. Haven't really had a chance to get things set up, been in the hospital with my mom for days and their wireless is locked down hardcore. Won't even let me play pot farm on face book!

3. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

It's easy. You'll learn as you go.

Your draft is set for a certain day & time. If you can't make it, the computer will autodraft, but that's a PIA for everyone else because it takes alot longer. If you're not that into who's who, just go with who tthe computer suggests.

Even if you're not that into sports, you'll most likely get hooked on FFB :thumbs-up:

4. ScottyG420

ScottyG420 Marijuana Handler

If youre able to play and you want to give it a shot, just PM me an email address where you want me to send your league invitation. I can pretty much answer any questions you may have.:thumbs-up:

Be good to have ya!

5. In! Will most likely have to auto draft, hopefully I don't get too fucked over!

6. ScottyG420

If there's 12 teams in the league, you'll be OK. If it's 14 teams, options might be limited. But Ive seen plenty of people autodraft and they ended up with great rosters. This has already happened to me this season. The league's draft was set to central time, and it would have been at 6:00am my time. So I slept thru it. I thought Id be awake for it, so I didnt even auto-draft rank my players. I slept thru it and still ended up with a killer roster. :thumbs-up:

Lets have some stoney FFL fun!

7. ScottyG420

Whats up gang? We only need one more player to make it a 12-team. The league has to have even # of teams. If Ive sent you and invite, and you havent registered your team....now is the time. Draft comin up in about 1 week.

8. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

if you still need a player I'm in

9. ScottyG420

thats whats up! :thumbs-up:

10. ScottyG420

Witness Protection draft

The draft for the Witness Protection league is set for Sat Sep 3 3:00pm AKDT. Please arrive at least 10 minutes early since your draft will start promptly at the assigned time.

11. ncmaineac

ncmaineac Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

sat sept 3 at 3pm but

i have no idea what AKDT is sorry...is the time zone eastern by any chance...or if you could just let me know...

and if any cant show up is that going to be an issue...someone said something about it taking longer is someone isnt there...ok..so if someone doenst show up do we get to talk shit about them...

i have no idea how to do this but i will be there...hopefully....

good luck to everyone...

ps how many first timers?

me one

12. nippie

I think thats 700 pm Eastern

13. ScottyG420

Exactly right.

Im 1hr behind PDT, 2hrs behind mst, 3 hrs behind cst, 4hrs behind eastern.

14. ScottyG420

Hey bro,. Dont worry about it taking longer. Its only a difference of a few minutes. If someone doesnt show up, we do indeed get to talk shit about them. Half of the ffl fun is talking smack to each other. You can pre-rank ur players that u want if ure not present. The computer system will give u the best available, Yahoo ranked players automatically if ure not there. Go play around with the site.

They also have mock drafts around the clock so that you can see what the draft will be like and practice and learn ur way around.

15. ncmaineac

fantasy meeting

is there a change we as a group or some at least can get together and have a meeting before the meeting to ask questions and shit....? Maybe a newbie meeting..????

even an hour before the draft time?

thanks for considering...

ncm

16. nippie

how about here?.. noob here also

17. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

I was #2 in my league's draft last night :thumbs-up:

18. ScottyG420

Absolutely. I can answer any questions in any format. We can absolutely log on to Yahoo before the draft and discuss stuff. There is a draft forum for that exact purpose. We can also discuss it here. Per chance did you guys go to the site and do one of the mock drafts or bump around the site and get familiar with it? That will help so much.

I can also help folks in real time via PM. Im on here enuff that it could be done that way.

19. ScottyG420

The draft room will open up 30:00 min before the draft begins. People will start filing into the room around that time. Theres a live chat in the draft room, so a bunch of us will be there to answer ur questions and help you out.

20. ncmaineac

ok thanks

i am going to be there 30 mins before as well as going to go "fart" around in there now for a while to see whats up...maybe do a little research...to find out if i should qb or rb first...or a tight end or offensive lineman..i have no idea....i know the qb is important but someone how i think that they are drafted later in the draft..not first...thats different than i thought it would be done...but anyways....

thanks everyone for the help..esp scotty