How can I yield huge buds from outdoor plants?

Discussion in 'Advanced Cultivation' started by Bonez11, Feb 25, 2003.

1. Bonez11

Bonez11 Veggy Stage

I would like an answer on how to yield the largest buds, and the most buds I can possibly get off of one plant if anyone knows a good way to do it outdoors tell me please

2. gardener

gardener Developed Alternating Nodes

I am gonna try a few outdoor plants this summer to. If there is one thing I have learned indoors though its that a soil with good drainage is important so if you arn't bringing your own dirt try not to pick a location where the soil compacts easily (if its already compacted you should losen it up.) You can add your own slow release ferts when you are digging around losening up the dirt and the greatest HID ever(the sun) will do the rest to get you some tasty large plants. I haven't done any outdoor gardening myself yet but rangerdanger is prety experienced in that area.

(Edited by FreedomFighter420 at 6:53 pm on Feb. 25, 2003)

3. Bonez11

Bonez11 Veggy Stage

So pretty much good soil and good water and ferts and alot of sun thats about it eh?

4. GREEN GIANT

GREEN GIANT Veggy Stage

my expert opinion is lots of water...In the summer you have to water them almost every day (in my area that is)...I also recommend good fertilizer every couple weeks:cool:

5. Bonez11

Bonez11 Veggy Stage

Im only gonna be able to water them like once every 4 days but when i do water them i will pour alot on

is that ok?

6. gardener

gardener Developed Alternating Nodes

These plants have survived outsides for millions of years without butlers to water them:) I guess it depends on your area though.

7. Budweiser 3

Budweiser 3 Cured Fat Sticky Bud

i think every 4 day's is ok, i hope cause i'm thinking more on the line of every week!!!!...plus i will still jogg them to keep out of site and increase vertical shoot's===='s more cola's"shocked:eek:hh yeah :biggrin:

8. HappyJay

HappyJay Red Eyed Jedi

To start with, I have access to the growing spot with great ease so I the routine may be a little much.

I like to make sure my soil is well conditioned and prepared, (soil is also quite good in my area).

To do this I dig a bloody huge hole, mix half the soil in the big hole with some perlite/vermiculite, compost etc. then cover back with rest of the dirt from the hole or other good soil from somewhere else. If you are not gurilla growin or such make sure you use raised beds with good drainage.

From here I like to put in the clone/seedling and let it be.

They need plenty of water so you could try water crystals if it is hot in your area.Be cautious, (do not use too many as you may lift your plants out of the ground in heavy wets.)

I usually only fert during flower and flush for the last 2/3 weeks.

Plants given a good environment, good soil/sun/water and then just simply left alone will surprise even the comman grower time and time again.

9. firstimer

firstimer Guest

I dont have the luxury of growing inside so i too, am a outdoor grower. Last year was my first attempt at growing. My buddy and i both had no prior growing experience and while we made some mistakes along the way, our final product turned out to be Killer. Some tips i would suggest are; finding a good place for your crop (some where no one will look, also the elevation of your spot should be high enough so it dont get flooded. Insects seemed to be our biggest problem. We used a potent solution that consisted of water, tomatoe leaves, and pepper leaves. Mix this all together and let sit for a few days and then you can spray it on your plants. This seemed to do the trick, when them damn grasshoppers started munchin on our babies. From my experience these things pretty much grow like weeds!(just make sure they get water)With just a little bit of love, im sure you wont be dissipointed come october. I know i thought ours wasent going to be **** but they turned out to be the best buds i have ever smoked.

10. m394me

m394me Veggy Stage

OK Bonez; Ive been growin outdoors for the last 11 years.. Listen to everyone that has posted above me...For the largest buds outdoors,Heres the recipe...As much sun as possible,water every 2-3 days depending on your drainage,make sure the plant ALWAYS has at least 2 ft of space around it. Time-release ferts. are good. The strain determines the yield along with the care you put into it. You will need to add bloom ferts. when the time comes as you will leach out over the summer months. You also will have the added work of supporting the branches from rain and wind . 3 by 3 holes, 50% good soil(store bought)or gathered from the immediate area( I gather under trees,just the good stuff,not the dirt) to 50% original soil. Dont forget to lime if necessary where you are ( ask your local nursery about your soil conditions) I like to add a little worm castings,feather meal,bat guana etc to the mix. Plant when last chance of frost has passed. Take care to protect them from any and all possible problems in advance ie deer,slugs when thier young,rabbits,mice etc. ALWAYS,ALWAYS when going in be sure to circle your patch first to look for any signs of human intrusion. I found this out the hard way.. They asertained which way they figured I came in and then they hacked thier own trail to my plants and waited for me. Had I circled my patch,I would have come across theyr path and left.They waited three different times for 3 hrs each time.I beat the case in the end,but paid my lawyer lots of money:( Anyhoo, I favor a gravity flo watering system with a battery timer at the plants. Any stream will work as long as you have "drop" of say 4ft is good enough. Fert additionally as needed thru the summer for maximum growth. PM me with any further questions. PS The norm for my plants is from 1-4lbs depending on strain,conditions etc.:beer: