how is this gonna work in the winter?

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by NUGZ, Oct 5, 2006.

1. Project-X

Project-X Mayor of Trichome Valley

Hey NUGS.........I don't know about the thing freezing up or not but this is what I would do. The guts in most ac units come out pretty easy for cleaning and what not. Why not leave the shell in the window and rig something up to pull cold air in through the empty unit like a fan. I think the cold air would come in well on it's own though. Just have something to put on the front of it when you didn't need cool air. I see people wrapping thier ac unit in garbage bags and duct tape and leaving them in all winter. Wrap it and make it look winterized leaving a place for air to get in. Cut some slits in the bag. No one sees an open window and no noise. Just a fake ac unit.

2. NUGZ

NUGZ Full Flowering

hey project that is probably the best idea i have heard so far. now all i need 2 do is find out how to regulate the air flow during lights on and lights off stages. i will just have to use a fan on a timer or something. thanks for all the help guys. peace. nugz

3. Project-X

Project-X Mayor of Trichome Valley

Glad to help NUGZ.........It's just an idea to run with, you have to fine tune it! lol I'm gettin' ready to deal with the winter time obstacles myself. I guess it's just part of the grow game.

4. NUGZ

NUGZ Full Flowering

yes the changing weather really has to keep us burnouts on our toes-otherwise our grows will really go downhill. they are talking snow in the upcoming week already here in minnesota! LOL, the weather is so f-in weird here. it was 80 this weekend and now it's gonna snow in the next 5 days! later. nugz

5. Mr. Wakenbake

Mr. Wakenbake Latae Sententiae Excommunication

Most people that grow indoors have no need to adjust for seasonal changes.Just run lights on during the night time when the temps are their lowest.As during the day even when it's cold the ambient room temps usually remain around 60-70 which will keep them warm enough on the plants light cycle.

The same theory goes for the summertime indoor setups as if you run the lights during the night you can keep the temps managable during the plants night cycle(our daytime).

hope this helps, as i didn't read te whole thread and don't know if anyone has told you this before my man...

Pm me nugz if ya need anything, you know i am here for ya bro;)

6. high yields

high yields Veggy Stage

project-x very good idea. will have to use that at some point.