I need an idea on how to fix cracked bucket

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by nippie, Dec 21, 2012.

1. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

I got a cracked 5 gallon bucket.

The girl is in week 5 and scrogged and the crack is on the very bottom dead center about 4 inches long.

Dont know how it happened, found out when I tried to water and the water filler the holder but never ran out the hole in the bucket.

I was thinking about transplanting, but being scrogged I don't know if I can get it out without tearing something up.

Does anyone have any good ideas? Tried duct tape already and it wouldn't hold.

I was thinking about buying that rubber in a can bullshit, but any ideas are welcome

2. Chaz

Chaz Excommunicated

GE Waterproof silicone is what I used when I broke a bucket that had water in it, and it dried extremely fast, and holds very sturdy. I've also used Goop, any HD or Lowes will have both. Hope that helps a bit.

3. Midnight Garden

Midnight Garden Excommunicated

If the bucket is plastic then just run a hot butter knife up and down the crack a couple of times. It should melt the plastic enough over the crack to seal it.

4. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

The melting with a butter knive sounds like a good idea. But after reading again, is the crack under the bucket or on the side. If it's under, then to fix it would require you to do the same as replacing it. Your going to have to lift it up to get at it. Just get somebody you trust to hold your netpot up high enough to slip the bucket out from underneath it and slide a new one in it's place. Your scrog should have some play in it to push it's limit for a couple of minutes and it shouldn't tear anything up.

5. Midnight Garden

Midnight Garden Excommunicated

I think he's in hempy lvs so no net pot.

6. nippie

hempy..underside center...I don't think it's possible to transplant, kinda tried but got worried as soon as i started.

I'll try the butter knife thing and see how it goes tonight

7. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

Ooopps. My bad. How about putting a bowl under it or slipping it into another bucket?

8. teamster6

teamster6 A Fat Sticky Bud

I think if it was me I would put something small under the corners or sides to hold it up off the floor or ground tape the side hole and just let the water run out the bottom no fix

t6

9. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

If you can get the bottom of the bucked dry either aluminun foil roof repair tape or Tyvek tape will do the job. The aluminum backed tape I'm talking about is actually called Protecto Wrap Quik-Fix Roof and Gutter Repair Tape & will cost you about 25 clams

10. nippie

wife asked why i just couldn't water lightly for the next few weeks and it just wouldn't have a ressy in it.

what's people's thoughts on that? I'd prefer not to have to baby one plant, but transplant is out of the question and I can't really get anything to stick to the bottom.

I'm still going to try the melt it shut if I don't burn the fuck out of myself...been smoking a shitload lately :)

11. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

how bout getting another bucket and cutting off the top part u dont need and sitting the broken bucket into the cutoff piece?????

12. nippie

will bacteria grow if I use two buckets? that's my concern with that

13. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

14. nippie

they our bond up S&M style being scrogged. I don't think I can get it out without losing the support of the scrog and having it fall and break the plant

I'm going to check out the hardware store tomorrow aint going out tonight with these last minute shoppers.

Still going to try and burn it shut tonight, see if it works

15. nippie

Hot butter knife bad idea

Ill try again sober..nice blister for Christmas

16. Psycho D

Psycho D LEE VAN SPLEEF

Why not just superglue some flat plastic to the bottom? Like an old frisbee or cut up a milk jug or something?

17. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

Hit up a marine supply store like west marine ect & pick yourself up a tube of 3M 5200 adhesive That shit will stick to anything wet or dry & will cure under water. Just don't glue the bucket to the floor unless you want it to be a permanent fixture, really it's that strong.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2012
  18. CCrete

Hey.......CHAZ............you figure this thing out yet:rofl6:

19. nippie

gotta try something different when the lights come on later. super gluing plastic sounds great, but dont have anything to fit...also at this point worried i glue myself lol

think i may just water and keep as is maybe take ofo's advice and drill more holes. it's only got a few weeks left and last night was a royal fuck up, left party to do it, bad idea, but hey had fun last night...no orgy though :(

20. CCrete

no im calling him chaz cuz he cant figure it out and u just crapped on my joke, fail!!