If you were stranded...

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by AverageJoe, Feb 18, 2009.

1. AverageJoe

AverageJoe papa oom mow mow

:band5: :band:
    OK, I know this is like one of the oldest and lamest questions of all time. The old; if you were stranded on a desert island and could only pick one album to listen to for the rest of your life..blah blah blah? :rolleyes2:

Let's try something a little different..Instead of picking one album, how about one artist/group. Their entire library of music to listen to for the rest of your life.

Now you can't necessarily go for your favorite album because they may not have the best overall library. You have to consider quality over quantity.

If you had to choose one artist/bands entire library of past music as well as any future music to listen to for the rest of your life, who would it be?

I gotta think about it a little myself. :confused:

2. anaujiram

anaujiram Veggy Stage

Metallica

TheCarpenter likes this.
  3. TheCarpenter

TheCarpenter member

Beat me to it. Only band I know of that I can listen to several of their albums beginning to end, and like every song.

4. anaujiram

anaujiram Veggy Stage

Yeah dude I didn't even think about it there was no question.

5. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

Easy~>>>>PinkFloyd!!!!

Actually THAT wasnt an easy call,i mean i like lots of modern day stuff and an eclectic mix of music but for me there was only one real contener/winner and that was the FLOYD:cool:

Hmm tough one... if only one band but EVERY album then i gotta say PINK FLOYD:notworthy:... but its a close call between them and "The Who" or "the rolling stones" all of whom have quality back catalogues of music... it was a tough call between the who and pink floyd but i grew up on both of them and Floyd have more albums with a whole range of different,experimental music aswell as their lyrical prowess...

:eusa_whistle:They also knew how to whistle a good tune:icon_wink: so the 'floyd' get the nod from me over pete townsends MOD band The Who... i fuckin loved the who,seen them live twice.Nver did get to see pink floyd in action apart from the recent 2008 live aid(the 3rd live aid since bob geldofs orignal,they did a fucked up one in the 80's...but then again the 80's wasnt thee greatest era for music...

PINK FLOYD ALL THE WAY...... "THE LUNATIC IS ON THE GRASS...":smokin: Fuckin best band of all time,what say the rest of you:ponder: C'mon surely pink floyd MUST get the nod over their peers!!:rocker:Peace Floyd lovers!:potleaf:

6. nuggnester

nuggnester Pot & Poker Enthusiast

um...

Floyd or the Beatles...

MAYBE UMPHREY'S MCGEE WITH A FEW MORE YEARS UNDER THEIR BELT.

7. PutTheKnivesOn

PutTheKnivesOn Superspartaaaaa

My first instinct was also Metallica, and i really really like Death magnetic, but im not sure if i could only listen to them for the rest of my days. The Beatles are also a favourite but ive already thrashed them to death in my life.

Could i just take my ipod? lol

8. Mr Douglas

Mr Douglas still stoned again still

At first I was gonna say 'Zappa Live in New York', but the rest of my life????:scream: F.Z.R.I.P.:angel8:

Tommy Bolin's/Teaser album will do

[​IMG]

9. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

LOL...I thought of saying the exact same thing,lol!

I thought the same:roll: I love bands like the sex pistols,Oasis,the stone roses,the charlatans and scots rocker PRIMAL SCREAM aswell as the sex pistols and the jam from the punk era but most of these bands dont have much of a back catalogue so Floyd get the nod cos they got lotsa albums for lotsa different moods,etc.I love good reggae like the toyes and bob mnarley and the wailers,etc,etc.... Im into a bit of every type of music EXCEPT 80's themed "new romantic" bands who wore frilly blouses and other camp shit,lol!Come on,wheres all the pink floyd lovers,i surely canot be the 0nly one who recognuises theior sheer genius over their peers,they were original...not even the rolling stones and the beatles or the who can claim to be fully original cos they all had roots in ameican R& B and rock n roll from early days,etc...When you give it thought its a hard decision but the fact Floyd had so many great musicinans ,they put on thee best gigs with their laser light show and their lyrics and musical melodies and experimental stuff would never get boring or tiring to me,i always seem to find a lil word or message from floyd sings even now when i listen to them album by album,iv got dark side of the moon blasting into my headphones(its 04.21AM here in the UK so gotta keep noise down:roll:)Peace:band:

10. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

i could live forever with any and all bob marley........nice and its my 420th postup ta boot....

11. kevo

kevo New Sprout

sublime....oh and do we get sum badass strain to grow on our island lol

12. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

I was thinking FLOYD, THE CLASH,...there's alot.

I'd go with The Dead :love4:

13. anaujiram

anaujiram Veggy Stage

You should name the island strain Sublime.

14. PutTheKnivesOn

PutTheKnivesOn Superspartaaaaa

Since getting an ipod and filling it with my full collection, around 5000 songs, my attention span for music has sharply decreased. click........click..........click...

What i listen to vastly depends on my mood, and on second thoughts having nothing but metallica to listen to would leave me with frayed ends of sanity.

15. anaujiram

anaujiram Veggy Stage

well it's all in the eye of the beholder..

16. Shadowman

Shadowman Full Flowering

I've gotta agree with Mrastro on this one. Hopefully I would be stranded with about 10 other Deadheads and my Klipsch speakers. :XXhippylove:

17. Cannagirl

Cannagirl Preheat to 420

Coldplay :love4:

18. major

major Begun Flowering

Budha bar all albumes or cafe del mare, I like chill out.

19. Ginsberg

Ginsberg Developed Alternating Nodes

The rest of your life? Can't go in the rock direction; not nuanced enough. Lyrics probably not a good idea either. Might have to go with Mahler's Eighth. Or Wagner.

Mrs. Ginsberg has a CD of Gregorian chants. Can't tell when it begins or ends. That's a maybe.

20. Useless

Useless Diogenes Reincarnate

The Toy Dolls.

OLGA is a guitar god.

Strain would have to be Chocolate Thai.