in a lighting bind.... again

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by Grown in Tx., Aug 31, 2014.

1. Grown in Tx.

Grown in Tx. Locked and Loaded

I loaded up my second flowing table:coolbounce:, I bought a new 400w halide to hps conversion bulb for$80 a couple months ago when I had the cash to get it. I fire it up last night and after some tapping on the glass it fired up for about 3 minutes and turned off, after a couple minutes it fired up and cut off again:BangHead:. Of course no returns on bulbs:eusa_eh:REALLY? Not sure what to do, my only option on hand is my 1k halide. I need about 2 months before I can purchase a light and i also have to replace the a/c in that room because it's acting up

2. friendlyfarmer

friendlyfarmer Rollin' Coal

LOL sounds familiar

:passsit:

3. Grown in Tx.

I was just out in the veg room, I think my best strategy is to take the 400m.h from the veg and put it over the flower table. Put the 1k in its place and turn off the 2 150 halides in there.

4. DXE

DXE Moderator

I think if there is one item in your grow to point to and go for it on - its the light...

You play around with the light and everything is effected

5. Grown in Tx.

It just sux, I got mh ballast out the ass and only 1hps. When I got them (free) I had no idea how much the conversion bulbs were. They're within $50 of a magnetic ballast/light kit.

I think I'm thinking i can rig a small exhaust for the 1k and have it over the flower table blowing the hot air outside, maybe the extra watts will make up for the fact that it's mh

We're still trying get caught up from the"recession" so cash is tight. The wife looks at me funny when I tell her i gotta get nutes.

Either way i gotta do something tonight.

6. DXE

DXE Moderator

I have an old rule from my Giant Scale RC days - the $50 dollar rule - how much did that prop cost - $50 - lol. Works for the grow too though now that the grow is paying for itself it doesnt matter as much.....

7. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

If'n it were my garden.....I'd use the 400w MH in the flower space and the two 150W's over the veg garden. You'll lose some to a less efficient spectrum in flower but with the AC acting up it's best to keep the big firepower put away. Don't want the AC going out while you're not around and have that 1000w cooking a garden.

BTW...who doesn't take a return on a new bulb that misfires? I wanna steer clear of those cats.

8. Grown in Tx.

Hydro nation, He said he's tried before and they sent the bulb back to him. He suggested the more expensive bulb, but I thought he was trying to up sale. I told him to stop offering those bulbs if they're junk. I'm gonna email the bulb manufacturer, and see what's up. I might threaten to sick Mr G on em. Lol

9. Grown in Tx.

Well, thanks to a real stand up guy I know, my 2nd table is lit up, and full of plants, 5 PPP's that are being sexed and 3 white rhino's.

10. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

I always save a light bulb when I switch them out every year or so. I guess I am a hoarder. :icon_confused:

11. Bigbud214

Bigbud214 Ganja Guru Extreme

Yup I had back up hps and mh bulbs... Just in case.... A few local places wont take returns on bulbs. Theysay ccontact manufacturer...

Glad you got it worked out CG.....

12. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Yay!!!!

13. JuggaloKing420

JuggaloKing420 Just clownin around

That was my first ever grow light, hope it works well for you bro. .

14. CREATIVE GARDENER

CREATIVE GARDENER Cured Fat Sticky Bud

Yeah, it's better to have an old one than none at all when there's problems.

Be Coo,l CG

15. Grown in Tx.

It already is Jug, many thanks.