Jogging your plants! ( jungle of green)

Discussion in 'Jogging Your Plants' started by Mrgreengenes, Dec 17, 2006.

1. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

Jogging your plant and Higher yields! Jogging your plant or the JOG method (Jungle of green) is an easy way to increase yields especially in spaces limited in height. I would start by saying this method takes a little more work but it’s worth it. So, I would recommend you start with clones for this growing method, because you will be starting out with females…. Here is what you will end up with hopefully…

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The goal here is to create a canopy of bud growth that’s all the same distance from the light. The advantage in growing this way means increased bud size and weight……So you get more bud for your time and effort!!!
    You’re going to need a couple of items.. You will need some metal coat hangers and a pair of wire cutters. I like to cut the hanger into 20-inch pieces. I then fold the wire in half and now you have a stake that is long enough that it holds the new growth down until it has been trained.. I recommend that you keep the stakes in the ground through the whole grow, but some people remove them. If you remove them too early the plant may start to stretch upward after the big stretch is done.
    When your clones are ready to plant, You want to transplant them into the pots that you want to finish flowering in. I like to use a 3-gallon pot. You want to start out by taking your clone and plant it to one side of the pot, so when you pin it down it will be in the position to start growing around the inside of the container.

[​IMG]

When the clone is about 8 to 10 inches high you want to start by bending the plant over. Take the metal stakes and start pinning down the plant going around the inside of the pot so that you have about 3 to 4 inches of the stake still above ground. One important thing to remember! I let the new growth grow 6 to 8 inches before pinning down again. The plants grow faster this way.

[​IMG]

Your goal hear is to grow the plant in the shape of the pot, so it circles back in on its self. The purpose of doing this is that you are creating from 12 to 15 main colas [picture below)or more depending on the size plant you want to grow, and how long you want to keep them in the vegetative stage before you put them into flower.

I got about 9 ounces off 2 plants using this technique in the first picture. Remember, depending on the strain you grow will determine your over all yield, because some strains just produce heavier buds than others do. Once you’re ready to start pinning down the new growth make sure that you don’t pin the new growth down so the stem of the plant is in the soil. Any leaves that are in the dirt under the stem should be trimmed off and discarded. This helps eliminate mold issues and allows better air movement through out the plants.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I normally vegg for about 8 weeks so the plants are as full as possible. I try and keep the canopy level so while I’m vegging the girls I’m also pruning some tops hear and there so that when I put them into flower the canopy is pretty level so you end up with lots of fat buds…

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The first thing you will notice once the plant is 2 to 3 weeks into flower, is lots of bud sites. Take notice in the picture below the same plant as above but 3 weeks later. Notice how much stretch occurred? This is normal. A plant can double its height during the stretch period of 12/12.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Depending on the variety you are growing, eventually some really large buds.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This again is because all the buds are closer to the light so they get larger and denser...Here are a few pictures of some JOG harvest’s.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I used fox farm ferts for the whole grow, and a 400 watt HPS bulb for light. plants were grown in bag soil with no nutes added 1 part pearl lite and 3 parts bag soil that already had some pear lite added to it. If anyone has any further Questions please feel free to send me a personal message and I will get back to you... Happy Growing!!

snickelfritz, Slugg and wawona like this.