Just shootin shit with new growers

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by ResinRubber, Aug 13, 2014.

1. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

im super private....more so for the safety of the family and myself than anything, as usual....but even so, adding someone who "knows" has no real advantage in any shape for me, at this point in my life I don't really have any desires for a new friend either....sounds like a dick move but atleast im honest

I love about 95% of the people here tho and that'd be about the only crew who i'd meet with anyhow, bout 4 or 5 of you i'd smoke with

But in the real world, I can't ever let anyone see the op.

2. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

...and we all live in the real world. Best move there is CC.:thumbsup::passsit:

3. DaBurner420

DaBurner420 This Line For Rent.

When in my teens, I've told and showed a couple of friends my grows, until I got a whiff of one talking about it to others and plotting to rip me.

Since then the only one who knows is my wife who was my gf back then, & she has no interest in it.

I don't know any growers and I don't plan to show anyone my grow in person. I use GK to fill that void. My wife does not see my plots, only what is at home.

Possible incarceration and the end of my career and my familys lifestyle is too much of a gamble just to show/share my grows. It is not worth it.

I would love to meet many of ya'll but it would be far from home at a time when I have nothing to worry about.

Touchy subject ResinRubber.:thumbs-up:

4. AlienBait

AlienBait Custom User Title

I've only met one other GKer in person. He offered to fix my furnace for free and I was cold (and broke). I wasn't growing at the time (haven't for a few years now), so it was not really a big risk. I gave him a few seeds for his troubles.

I've been trying to get my brother in Colorado Springs to start growing. He is a medical patient and buys off the street because he says the dispensaries are too expensive. I would like to get him set up by taking a road trip there some time. Maybe while I there, I can meet up with a few of you Coloradoians for lunch. Wouldn't take anything back, though. I know those Utah State Troopers are just looking for a car with California Plates coming out of Colorado...:BangHead:

5. CREATIVE GARDENER

CREATIVE GARDENER Cured Fat Sticky Bud

Yeah, shooting the shit and giving a guided tour of the facility are two completely different things. I'd love to hang and bullshit with several of the folks here or other growers. But the location would have to be safe with a clear understanding that personal info like names and addresses were not up for discussion. Or even pictures, for me, would be out of the question. The thought of one of us getting popped, God forsake, and finding others pictures on the camera or phone could cause problems.

As long as every safety measure were taken I wouldn't have a big problem.

Be Cool, CG

6. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

Shit, I can see one day getting together with a lot of you folk, most here I like. Truly I consider some here friends.

I don't think I would ever do the meet and greet with clones etc....nor show anyone my biz because while I may like you, I don't know you from Adam. You can have issues (drug or legal) and my ass could get stuck paying the bills, that aint going to happen. But drinking a beer, watching a game, totally down with that. Hell I was going to get a hold of LVS while in his neck of the woods but we got put on strict corporate lockdown during the time I was up there.

But others I would like to work with on a professional basis one day. Because that day will come and it will be time to figure if going it alone, or forming a co-op is the best buisiness model.

But honestly I know my growers from Facebook that you would actually think. Weird little tells you know, like poker (there's a customer card a store that's a dead give away that people forget about...caught 2 people that way). People that you wouldn't think until you know and they you know....then the evil little laugh comes out and pepsi challenge happens. When I say FB, I mean those people I actually know before FB and just ran into each other there 10 years later.

But out of high school folk and their spouses I know like 5 active growers. Varying degrees of course, but active. It's actually kind of nice not having to have that secret when hanging out, someone you can actually talk to and not have to remember to lie, or share funny garden stories. But don't get me wrong, when asked I always know the answer to help them or at least where to look, but 'I've only grown with 1 400 and most of the time I just use cfl's'...never can be to careful and cops around here aren't going to kick in the door over one plant unless you are a dick. We have heroin plaguing our area....cops are busy

People worried about getting popped? It's a real issue, but it's marijuana not cocaine, this isnt the silk road you know. I smoke because if I didn't I would be on serious drugs and drinking all the time just do go through the motions of life. I don't know if marijuana is truly medical, but it helps me you know, and I would tell a judge that.

7. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Hope that one day my avy is a personal portrait of me in my garden, naked and old, with a big shit eating grin. Those dreams are what keeps some of us going. Either I'm gonna find a niche in a legal state, or, Prohibition will come to an end. One way or t' other, my green flag is gonna fly openly some day.

Until then, only one GKer has ever seen an active garden of mine. Only three family members know where I grow. It's simply gotta stay that way with risks being what they are. I've had my scared shitless day in court, gotten the cheesy picture and narrowly avoided the cool orange t-shirt. After that it kind of sinks in...there's folks who don't want us doin' this shit and their fuckin' serious about it!

But, as pointed out earlier, we're social creatures and sometimes our need for like minded folks requires taking some manageable risks.

8. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

I would love to work with some of you on some projects. I'm a hard guy to get to know in person. I have to like you to let any info about me out but if I do like you it will be like you've known me your whole life. Not "my" life since there are very few people that know much about me in the real world. Yeah they know where I live and work but they don't know me or what I'm about. I'm a very private person. Hell, there are some here that know more about my personal life than people I actually know. There's something about letting people in that you'll probably never get to meet in person and would walk by you in everyday life.