Kaiser Puff's Franken-closet

Discussion in 'The Growkind Gallery' started by Kaiser Puff, Mar 10, 2011.

1. Kaiser Puff

Kaiser Puff Full Flowering

Thanks, I wanted to try this with only a 1 week preveg/transition before flipping to flower to I figured big cuttings were the way to go. Next round I might try 12in cuttings, everything pops roots in an aerocloner. :bong-2:

Just a sidenote, the OG Kush took forever to pop roots, like 10 days longer then the others, damn finicky OG strains. The seedlings are doing alright, 1 Tangerine Dream mutant that I'll probably cull, but 2 happy healthy TD seedlings with one that's been growing faster since germ.

2. Kaiser Puff

Thanks, I wanted to try this with only a 1 week preveg/transition before flipping to flower to I figured big cuttings were the way to go. Next round I might try 12in cuttings, everything pops roots in an aerocloner. :bong-2:

Just a sidenote, the OG Kush took forever to pop roots, like 10 days longer then the others, damn finicky OG strains. The seedlings are doing alright, 1 Tangerine Dream mutant that I'll probably cull, but 2 happy healthy TD seedlings with one that's been growing faster since germ.

3. Kaiser Puff

Happy 420 Everyone!

Work continues in the Franken-closet, for one the room has been cleared out and my 4 x 8 tent now serves as veg room for the time being. As soon as I had both the 400 MH and 1k HPS going the heat generated outpaced the 5k btu a/c installed, creeped up to 85 in a couple hours! An additional 6.5k btu unit and things were good again. A minor crisis yesterday as my cycle timer pooped out... checked my plants yesterday and everything in the QC was all drooped over and sad. I had to manually flip the pumps on and off while I modded another lamp timer. I also dropped the coin on a Sentinel DRT-1 so this problem won't come up again. I'll still keep a modded lamp timer or 2 around for cloners and veg units though.

Here's the room, the plants in the QC perked back up within hours of restoring the water supply. Excuse the bars, no polarized sunglasses handy.

[​IMG]

Took a closer pic of Sour Skybubble @ 11 days of 12/12, she started showing signs of flowering about 6 days in.

[​IMG]

And here's the seedlings in the veg tent, they were transplanted from solo cups 2 days ago into hempy buckets. This time I used hydroton for the bottom half gallon instead of perlite, so far they've responded positively to the transplant, no shock at all and a jump in growth. Tangerine Dream is the top row, Purple Urkle x White Widow on the bottom. The MH washes out the color a bit but they are nice and green in natural light.

[​IMG]

4. retiree

retiree A Fat Sticky Bud

Everything's lookin good but I've got a couple questions.... What do you plan to do about height on the top plants in the QC? And the same about that big ass sour skybubble. Also do you think the weight of the rootmass will keep the plants in the QC, Particularly those in the top two rows, from falling out of their "pot"? I mean once those plants are hanging out three feet or so I think they could easily just fall out.

The seedlings look very happy. Happier than mine for sure. When did you start them? They look to be similarly sized to mine. And was just curious for a reference to how mine are doing. Mine broke ground about three weeks ago.

:popcorn-2:

Retiree

5. Kaiser Puff

Thanks for the questions, love to have something to talk about on here :)

If my 5 gal. gal wants to become a 6 foot monster I have room (not much more then that though :mashed: ) She's approaching 4ft. now, she looks pretty indica with those ginormus fans so I think she'll be fine.

The collars are pretty snug around the plants in the QC, they would have to get pretty large to tip over. As for the plants in the top row, I'm going to wait until they get a bit larger but I might have to train them later.

As for the seedlings, let's see my Purple Urkle x WW seeds broke ground 3/24 and the Tangerine Dream 1-2 days later I think so they are pretty close to the same age as yours, you want to post a pic for comparison?

6. retiree

retiree A Fat Sticky Bud

For comparison:

[​IMG]

And

[​IMG]

Same plant. Different views. This one went into the paper towels on 3/27 and was planted in RW on 3/29.

That's awesome that we got going around the same time. This will really give us some good comparison data. When do you plan on flowering yours? I'm not sure what to do just yet with mine. I'm trying to establish a perpetual harvest so I'm a little up in the air atm about what to do.

Retiree

7. Kaiser Puff

Well, I suppose I'll see where they are at in 2 weeks, if they are 12-16in bushes or larger I'll flower them then and take clones for moms. I wish I had made another 5 gal bucket plant a month and a half ago but at least I can fill in the space some in less then a month.

8. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

Heath Jr.

I like the vertical idea!! Everytime I look at this post it reminds me of heath robinsons vertical grows ha ha

t6

9. Kaiser Puff

I could only hope to be half as successful as Heath.

:new_alien:

10. retiree

retiree A Fat Sticky Bud

You can't be talking about those plants in soil that are around the size of mine. If those things are 12" bushes in two weeks I'm cutting my losses and puttin alllll my shit on CL because I clearly don't have the slightest concept of how to grow MJ.

Retiree

11. Kaiser Puff

Well they aren't quite in soil. Those hempy pots are coco or promix on top of hydroton in the bottom third of the pot with a drain hole in the side about 4 inches up. Once the roots get established in the hydroton 'res' they should get big quick. I might be optimistic on the timeframe but we'll see. :passsit:

12. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

Turn the lights up on em Kaiser you will make 12 inches in two weeks!!!

t6

13. Kaiser Puff

I did lower the MH a tad, I think they'll get there, they are 4.5-5.75inches as of now, here's a pic from today.

[​IMG]

I also snapped some pics in the closet, heres the Sour Skybubble @ 16 days from flip, trichomes are already visible :flyy:

Bigbud214 likes this.
  14. Bigbud214

Bigbud214 Ganja Guru Extreme

ok man looking good but i hate looking through the blinds lol

15. Kaiser Puff

Yeah sorry about that, I'll try to snap some right after lights out.

16. Kaiser Puff

Ok, here are a few I took just after lights out, I flipped the light back on for a min so the stalk pic is washed out but not banded up.

Since I have a suspected male seedling I decided to dig into the seedstock and get some freebies run. Nothing to pollen chuck with but maybe some good smoke. In water are TH Seeds Burmese Kush, Dinafem Critical+, G13 Labs Hypnotic, and for the hell of it a bagseed found in a bud of decent 'purp' hehe. Interesting note, I broke up the baggies stapled together for the first time today so I just now discovered I got an extra unlabled seed. It could be anything but it's probabaly one of the fem seeds from the promo.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Towelieee

Towelieee you wanna get high?

Im diggin that setup man...that bush is huge! Looks like you will have some big fat colas!

18. retiree

retiree A Fat Sticky Bud

Looks like I'm going to have to eat my words KP. Because I'm definitely going to be 12"+ in another week. It's been a while since I've been growing and guess I just forgot how those fuckers just explode. But I think I'll renig on the CL thing! LOL.

:passsit:

Retiree

19. Kaiser Puff

At least you're eating your words due to thriving plants, can't go wrong there!

I took a couple shots of my Sour Skybubble @ 21 days of 12/12. In the close up you can see she's frosting up good. She's been on 20ml/gal or about 1.5EC of CNS17 Bloom no additives except the beneficials in veg and periodic silica. I think I'm going to keep the feeding simple to get a baseline of the performance of this girl, gotta say between her and her mom she's still the prettiest plant I have IMO.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In the veg tent things are moving along fairly smoothly. No more signs of mite activity since my treatments. My 2 Tangerine Dream are pretty uniform, I would say the same pheno except one just seems to grow faster. I took a shot of the newborns, nothing special to report there. You can see the sad OG Kush in the overview pic. She hasn't been the same since her move here unfortunately, the clone took forever to root and even now it's not doing very much. I'm sad about it but I have so much coming down the pipe that it's not that big of a deal.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Kaiser Puff

Today I spent some time getting things rolling in the veg tent. I decided I'm going to put an 8-5gal bucket RDWC/drip system using 6in bucket lids to veg bushes I can throw in a 5 bucket flowering system of the same style. This will make it easy to unhook the drip ring and transplant from veg to flower in a work bucket, quick and easy. I'm hoping to have a perpetual harvest of 2-3 mini trees per month.

Stage one was prepping plants to veg, I built a bucket cloner using the Eco 396 from my SuperBox cloner. I removed the 4 sprinkler manifold and replaced it with a single sprinker screwed right onto the outlet of the pump. Spray pattern looks great, even simpler design for the bucket cloner! I went with the Sentinel DRT-1 I recently purchased and have the pump going 6sec on/3min off for now. Loaded up going clockwise from the power cable is Burmese Kush, Critical +, Hypnotic, Unknown bagseed, then True Blueberry, the tops of Purple Urkle x WW, Tangerine Dream Big Tuna, Tangerine Dream Little Lulu.

Maybe an update on the flower room later this week, that's all for now, thanks for visiting!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]