Lets get stoked for Spring

Discussion in 'Outdoor Cultivation' started by Toker2, Jan 23, 2010.

1. Toker2

Toker2 Looking at a hot ass

I have fallen in love with indoors for sure......in almost every way it beats outdoors

But 1 lucky spot and yield can be so great out doors and so huge

Im starting this thread to mull over ideas/fears/ and plans for the up coming 2010 outdoor summer grow.

The first thing about outdoors that is most important is a spot.

What do you look for and whats important to you?

Im always parranoid about it but I suggest using google earth.

Lets hears some steathy ideas for logisics:beerchug-2:

I have learned so much about many things concerning our girls here

and one thing I know i am going to do and i suggest for stealth

is super cropping and lsting.

Please feel free to add your ideas :passsit:

Imo a plant could be alllowed to get 7 -9 inches high and then and be trained

along the ground to grow 7 - 10 feet or more depending on strain.

A hurricaine showed me that.....knocked my plants over so we covered the exposed root ball and left them.....we had buds as big as my legs

3 foot tall.....I want to try to recreate that.......

.SCing added to lasting

for plants set out early[my area april] could also IMO increase plant strength and yield while keeping them small.

How bout your area?

I will have a few places with f seed that will allowed to grow as big as it wants too,,,,,they will be spread out so as to only have 1 monster
    per site .....hopefully.

So whats your plans for the up coming season? Got any cool stealth Ideas?

Share your monster plans if ya want

Jump in and lets Grow some monsters:passsit:

stealthfully......and :dog-nana: to the man:dog-nana: :dog-nana: :bong-2:

Oh and by all means add favorite strains for out doors etc......

2. blah blah boy

blah blah boy Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

I neglected to plant outside last yr (way to much going on) but want to this yr for sure.

I still want to do the swamp thing for a good source of water and openness.

I would plant in June so all vegetation is grown up by then.

You could nurse at home till after the spring rain comes and goes.

3. Toker2

I look for creeks......not sure about swamps but my area can get wet

yours may not be as bad.

June is cool , for sure i will do some then too.

You going to do a few outside this year?:beerchug-2:

4. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

ahhh the lucky and unlucky outdoors..........hmmm

5. wwboy

wwboy pro grow!

wwboy

well im gearing up for my summer grow as we speak---i grow in the same locations/plots every yr so preping my holes is easy---i am however going to be adding a few new plants-normally i do white widow--15 of em in plots of 3each---this year im adding 5 snow whites for 20 total---grew out nirvanas snowwhite and ended up with a special pheno i had to reveg---waiting to clone her up soon as i get a bunch of new shoots to play with--she started to reveg in 9 days and hope shes easy to clone--anyway i plan to take 20 12 in plants out there---last yr i got 20 lbs dry off the 15 so im shooting for 25-30 lbs this yr and try out my bubble bags on all the trim--still have alot of trim from last yr so hash should nice come next nov--hope all goes smooth-- no mold/rippers/pests or deer---got all my organic nutes/soil amendments ready--just waiting to clone now---ill grow all the extras indoors and take 20 12 inchers out come june 1st---nothing like free sun!!!!!!

6. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

That sounds wonderfull!! 20 to 30 lbs holy shit. I am going to try the clone thing outside also this year. Short growing season here but I think I can manage it.

Teamster6

7. Toker2

Ya outside is fun.

Its a gamble but the rewards are great. 1 good year and your set.

8. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

I'll be ready come spring! I'll have nice little plants already 10-12 inches tall ready to go outside as soon as the frost is past, probably in April and I am luck because I'll be growing in my yard. I still need stealth though since i am not on a large acreage and I do have neighbors. I am a Medical Recommendation holder and have grown here outdoors in the past. I will grow 6 plants and I am planning to do exactly what Toker2 said and train my plants to grow low and wide. I plan to do 2 Flo 2 SSH and 2 Blueberry The Flo is supposed to be a multi-harvester outdoors with the first buds ready in mid August and new mature buds will form every 10 days or so through November or even December if the weather holds out. Massive potential for high yield. Blueberry responds well to training and bushes out well. The SSH is a yielder when grown upright so when trained I expect pounds of kind buds. As for Indoor VS Outdoor I still think that some of the best buds I have ever smoked has been Northern California Outdoor. Those good folks up in Humboldt and Mendocino really know what they are doing when it comes to Organic outdoor buds that rival potency of any indoor I have ever smoked. Just my opinion. I LOVE OUTDOOR!!! Let the sun shine!

9. mccrob

mccrob Herb Budmin

Had a nice spot last year ,all stolen by the cops.Will be a lot further in the woods this year for sure,made it to easy for them.

I'm also going to try putting some under 24 hr light before they go out,just to see if they bud a little earlier.

:potleaf-2:

10. Toker2

Im going scouting tomorrow, going to check out this area i grew at long ago , it has a creek near it.:passsit:

11. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

Unless you can alter sunrise/sunset...I doubt that'll help.

12. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

mmmmm, no, that aint going do shhh, sorry bro

13. strawberry.cough

strawberry.cough looking into the abyss

that won't help them bud earlier but what it does do for way up here in the north is it gets the plants much further along when they go out, that there is a much better harvest when it does finish.

14. Toker2

Well went out today and found 2 sites......one really good....the other not so....water issue.

Oh well 1 is better than none

15. teachmethewayyy

teachmethewayyy DUBS AND NUGS!!!! VW4LIFE

hey guys, im a noob to outdoor growing and this year i was thinking of using 30 5 gal buckets and drilling holes in them and running the line to a res at the top of a huge hill by my house. if i run the line through 1 end of the bucket and out the other onto another bucket, what should i use to regulate the water at each bucket. should i run the line through the top of the buckets or the bottom.

16. blah blah boy

blah blah boy Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

Be sure to use the red hose so they can trace it back to your house....:bonk:

Seriously don't grow on your property If thats were any of the equipment resides.

17. Boa

Boa Cured Fat Sticky Bud

Im in on this one guys. Since about oct. ive been scouting out this 8 acr abondoned lot that usta have a big factory on it. The factory has been removed but the 8 foot fence hasnt. This lot has 4- 1/8acr ponds on it and have alot of nice growing area. Im planning on having about 5 plants close to each pond giving me about 20 plants give or take a few. I already have one bale of Professional Mix One sitting hidden under some brush and ill get atleast another 4-5 out there b4 spring. I got the AK-48, Ice and bubbleliciouse from nirvana that ill be running and cant wait.

Im planning on growing them in 3 gal pots from the end of may begining of june till the end of june. At that time ill transplant into 10gal growbags fitted into the ground to help keep the roots cooler. Still trin to figure out the proper way of doing this but dont see it bein that hard. What does everyone else do?

Well cant wait till next year to see this shit get goin!

18. mt.king

mt.king mud drags champion

out door vs indoor

i got a buddy that thinks out door cant compete with in door quality ...BULLSHITT most out door weed is unatended shit that baerely get fed watered or anny TLC . i got to see an out door indica a LAconfidential to be exact it was fed watered kissed and hand washed with organic soaps and foliar sprayed with the finest of things it was loved by a woman who has been a master grower for 30 + years and i gave my know it all friend a sample of it & he could not tell a diff be tween my indoor it yielded 3 &3/4 lbs i still am impressed

19. RH!

RH! Developed Alternating Nodes

I agree with you MK all the way. I have done a couple outdoor years and have attended to them just like indoor plants. They came out equally as good as indoor but BIGGER in size :flyy:.

20. canadian123

canadian123 hemp ninja

Got my moms going shooting for 90-120 plants in the swamp this year :beerchug-2: