Lighting options......finally!

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by blackprince11, Dec 2, 2011.

1. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

BigBud214 has a nice closet set-up. Check his grows out. His first ones were with a 400w. Nice grows and he figured out the air & cooling.:cool:

Res, I was just sitting here, waiting for that to show up.:roffl:

2. blackprince11

blackprince11 Prince of the Hindu Kush

I went with the 400w Lumantex. Thanks for all the suggestions. Now how about nutes? What are the best DWC nutrients on the market? I've done some research but I want to hear from some experienced DWC'rs.

Cool thanx!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2011
  3. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

Useless's GH 3 part formula. Nice and easy and takes all the guess work out. I'm a fan. It's listed as a sticky. :cool: :redbong:

4. friendlyfarmer

friendlyfarmer Rollin' Coal

Yeah man my closet is 33" X 46" by 8' tall, and I have 400W HPS in there now, in a vent hood with a 6" can fan and a big scrubber. You need to move a LOT of air to cool any HID light in a small space especially in the warmer months, and in the summer, very tough to damn near impossible to keep cool without A/C. I've had up to 1000W in there and it can be done (easy in winter!) but if you're pulling warm air already for intake, you need lots of air. My fan runs non-stop full blast in the spring, summer and fall, and only slows down when it gets to about 60 outside.

Oh yeah and I'm running the useless formula. Can e-mail you an excel spreadsheet that is all set up - just plug in the dates you start and # gallons your mixing and follow the yellow brick road...:alienwink:

5. blackprince11

When I google "Grow House Nutrients" the closest thing that I can find is Fox Farms Hydro Nutrient Trio Tiger Bloom Grow 3 Qts from Sears. Sears? Sears sells grow nutes? I guess it really is the "Home Store"!

I've heard some good things about Fox Farms but is this the same as Useless's GH 3 nutrients in his formula?

6. blackprince11

My A/C kicks up pretty good but how close will it need to be?

7. Ognennyy

Ognennyy Begun Flowering

Laugh it up guys, have a good one on me even though I was just tryin to help :p

8. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

Huh? BP and Res know what I meant. Apparetly you don't. Nothing to do with you.

And BP, Go to the Hydroponic Cultivation section and the first thing is sticky from useless and his GH 3 part formular.

9. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

I second that.

If you cant follow his formula to a T... use Lucas as it is somewhat easier

We have faith in you BP....just keep clicking your heels together and say...nothing but donkey dick buds..nothing but donkey dick buds!

10. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Sorry. The joke was on Bp.

11. Ognennyy

Ognennyy Begun Flowering

My bad!

Oh ha sorry I thought you meant you were waiting for someone - to pull a Norman Chad - to "wamboozle" me on claiming that you can't cool that space with a 400w in it hehe.

GL BP, grow it up brother!

12. Bigbud214

Bigbud214 Ganja Guru Extreme

BP

I started using CANNA nutes for my first hempy grow and love em. They are simple, not a crazy amount of parts and very clean.

OG

I am running a 600W EYE in a 2'w x 4'l x 7'h closet. The ballast is a Quantum mounted remotely. The room is completely contained inside my closet with a 2'w x 3'l x 7'h veg area also in there. I can close bi fold closet doors as normal and looks just like a closet. In the bedroom you can hear the fans but outside my bedroom no noise, no smell. I use a 6" max fan attached to my cooltube reflector. That pulls stinky room air throught the tube over the bulb and exhausts out my sewer drain. I use a 6" booster fan (upgrading to a 6" axial with HEPA filter) for intake of room air. the highest daytime temp has been 75 the lowest night time temp has been 67.

13. blackprince11

I'm already using the GH3 formula in my dwc grow currently. I was just inquiring about the exact nutrients used because I can't find anything "Grow House" on the web. Only Fox Farms and some others. I didn't want to buy crap so I'm just doing my due dilligence, ya know?

14. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

What the fuck is "Grow House"? You thinking "General Hydroponics"? http://generalhydroponics.com/site/index.php/

15. blackprince11

oh, shit! I'ma fucking dumb-ass! Damn!

I ordered Fox Farms Trio and it should be here in a few days.

Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong on my photos not being able to upload anywhere? I know about GK but my pics woun't upload to anything anywhere. Wierd.

16. LionLoves420

LionLoves420 Lazy Days In The Sun

Ok BP. Here is my suggestion: Go to tinypics.com, try to upload one picture. If it uploads, copy the [ IMG ] code to a post here. If not, or if the pic doesn't show up on your post, PM me and tell me exactly what errors you are getting.

17. blackprince11

Ok I tried Photobucket and it uploaded but when I post the URL it only gives a red X in a box. Trying Tinypic.com presently. Thanx!

18. blackprince11

[​IMG][/img]

Here she is! The only thing I get when I try to copy and paste a url for a photo to share. IMG file path info.

Post fixed by the Skuzz!

19. LionLoves420

LionLoves420 Lazy Days In The Sun

what where in the other option boxes for pasting when you uploading?

20. blackprince11

HTML, URL, and Direct Links.

[​IMG]

Here's what URL looks like when posted. Same as IMG.

BP your nuts be numb. Post fixed again by The Skuzz![​IMG]