Livin' The Dream!!

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by GeoKitty, Dec 23, 2009.

1. GeoKitty

GeoKitty Guest

ADVICE!!
    HELP!!
    INPUT!!

PLEASE!!
    THANK YOU!!!

I posted this ad on craigslist yesterday, hoping to get a legitimate offer!!
    So far, I've recieved emails from two intersted parties!!

http://rockies.craigslist.org/fgs/1521871005.html

I basically like the ad, it says what it needs to I suppose, and seems honest & fair.

Now then.....how do I proceed???

What questions should I be asking, etc???
    Both emails mentioned hiring me as a "Bud Sitter".....sorry Bud!! I don't think they meant you!! However, I will come down there to babysit ya if you'd like! I charge $500 an hour!!!!!!! :wink:

So, what's the going rate of pay for a "bud tender"???? Also, as a grow room assistant???? Are they the same?? What exactly are the employment "roles/positions" in an operation like a privately owned disp biz?????
    What sort of compensation could/should I expect???

At this point, I'm willing to barter my skills & services......weed related only!! I'm of course wary of 'funny stuff' & perverts!!.....in exchange for decent room & board while I relocate!

As for the 420 Baked Goodies??? I'd for certain want as much trim, etc to make my cannabutter to bake with, then regular ingredients like eggs, flour, chocolate, etc should be paid for by the Dispensary! I think a percetage of sales plus an hourly wage while cooking & baking?????????????

Financially, employment wise, personal safety, etc......how should I logically & fairly go about this??

THANKS EVERYONE!!

2. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

I don't really have any input re: your questions (eatting MJ cookies last night :happy7: it's alittle hard to form a thought ); soory.

I can say that it's well written; very professional.

I'm not a big 'CraigsLister', but...

Please Be Careful

3. GeoKitty

GeoKitty Guest

I will, Thanks!!

It's a 50/50 hit or miss with craigslist!!

ALL of my jobs have been attained from there!! The majority of the roommate situation, apts, etc have come from there as well.....that would be the 50% negative side from my experience!!

Full Blown Wackaloons....to quote the late, great George Carlin!!

There are a shit ton of caregiver, grow room assistants & dispensaries ads on the Colorado craigslist right now, too bad I dont have enough start up capitol....I'd go and set up a 420 bakery and sell my goodies wholesale to ALL the dispensaries!!! Now THAT would be the business for me, truly!!!

I'll need to get a business liscense, food handlers card, etc.......find a commercial kitchen to bake in!!

The logistics are staggering, but IF.....the BIG IF.....I can hook up with the right people...and luck out on a regular cooking/baking job where I could bake part time!!.....I'd be Golden!!

4. AverageJoe

AverageJoe papa oom mow mow

I thrust upon you all the good karma I have and wish you well in your search for work and a new life Geo. Finding work is hard work. But your strong and I know you will be successful in your search. :wink:

Speaking of Colorado, I just heard about this place yesterday

http://originalganjagourmet.com/

I'm moving there myself in a month or so.

Not to the Ganja Gourmet, but to Colorado.

5. GeoKitty

GeoKitty Guest

Awesome!!

Thanks for sharing and for the well wishes!!

Found this in an article about the shop!!

All patrons at the Ganja Gourmet must show a medical marijuana card that proves they have a doctor's permission to use pot for some kind of malady. The place opened last week, and so far, 90 percent of its business has been takeout.

The food isn't cheap. A whole pizza sells for $89, and a dozen sweet treats called Almond Horns cost $120.

"The food is really good," said Jamie Hillyer, a 41-year-old medical marijuana patient who paid $12 for a serving of vegetable LaGanja. Hillyer said that he can't taste the weed in the food and that it gives him a "more mellow" buzz than smoking pot.

6. GeoKitty

GeoKitty Guest

Hhhmm?

Wonder what the start up fees would be to get a biz liscense, mmj card, food handlers card, caregivers documentations, etc to be able to bake, grow & do everything myself???

A LOT, huh??!!

7. GeoKitty

GeoKitty Guest

Update!!

Just got off the phone with the dispensary folks in Salida, Colorado, they want to have me move out there, into the new grow house in the mountains, Florence, Colorado and be the growroom operator/caretaker!!!!

In exchange for room & board, a truck to drive...not mine to keep......and some kind of a weekly stipend/payday.....plus they'll help me set up a baking operation & we'll discuss how to make/split profits on that end!!

The downsides are, it's a tiny little town, much further South than I would originally like to be....but, hey!!....I may have a lot of difficulty finding other, regular work around that economic environment!!

I could stick it out for several months, then go North if I had to, at least I'd be in Colorado & papered, ready to go out there again!!

What kind of weekly money should I ask for from these guys??!! No weed smokin' alotment was discussed either, I think that should be a given!! :smokin:

Holy Shit!! Is this really happening??!!

What the Hell am I doing?!!

Did Life just leave a $100 bill on my dresser??????????

8. RkyMtnWayHigh69

RkyMtnWayHigh69 2010 NAGC Winner

I sent you a PM :wink:

9. AverageJoe

That was quick :thumbsup: Florence/Salida is not too far south of Denver. Probably a couple hours or so.

You gonna do it?

do it...do it...do it...do it

10. GeoKitty

GeoKitty Guest

What kind of money should I ask for weekly????

11. RkyMtnWayHigh69

Salida is a beautiful town and it's nestled in a breathtaking area of the Rocky Mountains.

Only problem I have with Salida is that it's directly between Canon City and Buena Vista, which house the largest prisons in Colorado. Charlie Manson is right in that area. So, with all the natural downsides with living around prisons, you also have to deal with ALL THOSE PRISON GUARDS! When they're off duty the almost think they're actual cops. But, thats just a small issue and probably not really an issue.

All in all, I don't think a person could ask for a more beautiful area and most of the people are VERY cool!!!

I personally can't do the small town scene, but if it's your cup of tea, Salida could be a very nice place to call home.

@ Average Joe . . . Good luck with your travels and hit me up if you need help with anything once you get in state. :)

12. GeoKitty

GeoKitty Guest

Hey Avarage Joe!!

Can ya swing by & pick me up?!!!

13. AverageJoe

I'm allergic to cats :wink: :laughing1:

I'm not leaving for another month or two. Can you wait that long?

14. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

Neat how cool is that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! shit now instead of baking hundred of cookies you will be growing hundreds of plants now that is off the wall!!

Besides I bet the lifestyle will be a lot better than being in the Seatle area and you may find your wishes finally comming true.

Good luck Geo

Teamster6

15. RkyMtnWayHigh69

I'm not too sure what the weekly rate is around town. Noone really talks about it that I've heard. I would imagine your best bet it a partnership doing the baking thing. :biggrin:

16. choker

choker HIDING OUT

Ya could try the services section,under adult.

17. GeoKitty

GeoKitty Guest

My Hoo Hoo is too old & broken for that!!

18. HeadCase

HeadCase Old Prick

It looked pretty good to me but I'm a old fart anyway-Bud

19. GeoKitty

GeoKitty Guest

20. RkyMtnWayHigh69

I didn't realize a Hoo Hoo could break. I mean, I've tried but never actually broke one.