Meet-n-Greet reminder

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by ResinRubber, May 8, 2010.

1. PharmDoc

PharmDoc Just a NORML guy

Sounds good.

Rky - Do you know if the screenprinter you had in mind has a webpage?

2. PharmDoc

Front:

[​IMG]

Back:

[​IMG]

Couldn't do the sleeves b/c this site doesn't allow you to preview sleeve designs (WTF??) but you get the general idea.

3. GeoKitty

GeoKitty Guest

Just a thought.....but I think this flows a little better:

"The Highest City In America

Just Got A Lot Higher"

What with all the killer Goodies we'll be enjoying.....we'll all be a LOT higher, right?!! But it's all good with me!

On another note....I finally received my income tax return yesterday.....I had to file an extension, so it was late......so now I have the cash to go for sure! Woo Hoo! I got back $1400 this year....the most I've ever gotten since I've been a Single Cougar!!

I'm splurging on a haircut today...and a big ol' bottle each of Citrus Vodka & Limoncello for Lemon Drop Martinis!! Too bad I couldn't find a nice fat sack as well...but this Mormon Weed is CRAP for the prices charged!!

Damitol.....I miss being able to utilize my green thumb talents!

So, for The Gathering...I'll be bringing:

Home made Marshmallows & chocolate ganache for S'Mores

Pork Chile Verde & Navajo Taco makings

Campfire Baked Green Apples & Blackberries w/ Grand Marnier Creme

Hhhmmm?? What else???

4. PharmDoc

OK, I'm throwing one last option that I think will be it.

The highest city in America

Just got even higher!

I can take or leave the "even" in there, but I think we need to move forward soon with the ordering and specialization and what not. So I'll ask quickly, which do you like more:

A) The highest city in America just got higher

--- OR ---

B) The highest city in America just got even higher

Please also start thinking about what SIZE, STYLE, and COLOR of shirts you want. We'll have to start a running total on who wants what.

I'll start:

I like version B

I'll take a Large tee, Longsleeve Tee, and Hoodie (PharmDoc) in MJgreen

The Mrs would like a LS Tee (Sz M) in White

Cool? :not-worthy: :not-worthy: :not-worthy:

5. GeoKitty

GeoKitty Guest

Version A

Size XL

Longsleeve T-shirt

MJ Green

Geokitty

Resident Cougar!

THANKS!!!!!!

6. PharmDoc

OK, so version A it is.

I hate to start F'n role call again, but it might be the easiest way to get all this set. Otherwise PLEASE shoot me a PM ASAP with the details and I can file them away. Please remember to include:

The name you want on your sleeve (Boa vs BoaBoi86 for example)

The size of the garment

The type of garment you'd like (Long sleeve tee, hoodie, thong underwear etc :thumbs-up: )

The base color of the garment

Thanks all to who have responded already. I'd like to go through once more just to make sure I've got everyone's sizes and qty's correct.

ON A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT NOTE

since there have been mixed feelings about the Meet and Greet shirts being shipped all over to those who can't make the trip, I have an idea...

Why not maybe someone (not necessarily me, but I could help I suppose) create a growkind shirt for all GKers who might want to pick one up? I can't volunteer any discounts through any members, but I'd say that if this has as much steam as it does, why not maybe someone design a general GK-type shirt that anyone could grab? I don't know the logistics of it, I'm not saying its a great idea... but the thought did cross my mind more than once. Hopefully that's not a bannable thought/offense/shut yer yap Doc!

Time for a shower...

7. big t double

big t double i finally changed this

damn....hoodies, t's, longsleeve t's.....homemade sweets with chocolate ganche (whatever the hell that is it sounds awesome!!!).....some breakfast whipped up by a newly appointed mod....this sounds like a blast..im so jealous....wish i could be there to meet some folks, have fun yall!!

how the hell do you make home made marshmallows anyways???

i hope someone post a few pics of the event...faces blurred of course.

8. Boa

Boa Cured Fat Sticky Bud

Thats another thing i was gonna ask, what about camera's? I mean no one wants their face on here unless we/ that person has control to delete the pic?!? IDK i really would like to snap a few pics with some of u guys but totally understand if there is to be no camera's or recording devices.

9. Boa

Boa Cured Fat Sticky Bud

WHOLY FUCK THIS IS ONLY LIKE 48 DAYS AWAY!!!!!!!

mAN THISIS SO CRAZY!!!!

10. AverageJoe

AverageJoe papa oom mow mow

I don't care if anybody snaps my pic. Snap away my friends. Besides, it's not like I haven't shown my face around here many times already.

Everybody else, make sure you have your hat and sunglasses handy. :glasses9:

Version A

Size XXL

Short Sleeve T-Shirt

MJ Green

AJoe on the sleeve

11. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

I been nekkid on here before, think I give a rat's patoot? As in all things, just be respectful and aware of others wishes.

cheers,

12. RkyMtnWayHigh69

RkyMtnWayHigh69 2010 NAGC Winner

Ok folks, we NEED to finalize the graphics THIS WEEK!

I just got off the phone with the screen printer. He said he's currently 3 weeks out, so we need to make sure we have our shit together. ;) :ebert:

I'm good with either version of the back design.

Whats going on the front and sleeves?

I'm super excited about this event, and I know everyone involved is going to have a memorable experience they can cherish the rest of their lives . . . or until they forget it happened.:laugh:

Oh, as far as cameras go . . . I encourage pictures. I think if everyone just blurs the faces in their pics, then we should be just fine.

Instead of having a list of people who don't want their pics taken, we'll have a list of people who don't care if their faces are blurred or not.

As a general rule, I think EVERYONE taking pics should plan on blurring the faces in their pics unless otherwise instructed by the person in question. (Damn that :animbong: was very nice.:spin:)

13. Useless

Useless Diogenes Reincarnate

RR - check e-mail dude.

Well, if you all are taking cameras, I am probably not going to attend. That's a deal breaker. Don't mind if people wanna take shots of the area, campground, scenery etc..hell if you guys want pics of yourselves, take them in a staged fashion group photos etc). But having a bunch of people I don't know run around snapping pics of me? No thanks. Call me paranoid, a grouch, whatever, but my thought mentality is still of the "old school" when it comes to security and self preservation. Sorry. Maybe if the event was going to have a few hundred attendees I wouldn't mind, because one gets lost in a crowd. But 20 or so people, who are growers, taking pics of each other for posterity? Doesn't suit my definition of security.

Anonymity is like a warm blanket, and it is what allows me to sleep at night. Just saying...

14. AverageJoe

AverageJoe papa oom mow mow

Personally, I'm not bringing a camera.

15. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

I dont think it is a good idea either on the picture taking because some there will be from unfriendly mj states. Those that live there dont have to worry.

teamster6

16. CanadianDAN

CanadianDAN Summer Greenthumb

Im not planning on going, or reading through this entire thread...

I was just curious where you guys are all meeting up?

Have fun!

17. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Mines coming but it will be in a backpack for use when I get to the top of Gray's and Torie's Peaks. Need to bag an easy fourteener or two for my 50th b-day.

T6- good point.

Use- Good point too.

We do have folks who are actively growing in non legal states who choose to guard anonymity and that should be respected above all else. As a matter of fact, since we have concerned attendees, I'm not against simply keeping camera use away from the campground altogether. You want photos? Go for a hike and snap away.

cheers,

18. GeoKitty

GeoKitty Guest

Chocolate Ganache is what's inside a truffle, it's also used as a filling or coating you pour over a cake or other desserts.

It's made with melted chocolate, heavy cream & sometimes a flavoring like vanilla or liqueur like Grand Marnier (orange) or Chambord (raspberry) to add flavor!!

I'm going to make it ahead of time, then warm it by the fire to soften...spread it on our graham crackers...then top with the marshmallows for super yummy & gourmet S'Mores!!

Marshmallows are made with gelatin & HOT sugar syrup...whipped for 15+ minutes until fluffy & white...then poured into a sheet pan to set up overnight!! They are NOTHING like commercial marshmallows!!!

I've even made flavored ones before!! Passion Fruit, Pistachio, etc! Those are gorgeous in color and awesomely flavored!!

These will be really tasty....not like regular S'Mores made with Hershey chocolate bars!

Do we have any Vegans going the campout???

19. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

If the Mrs and I end up making it we are vegetarian/vegan. We used to be 100% vegan but have since become vegetarian but we still cook some vegan food as well.

20. GeoKitty

GeoKitty Guest

Bummer!!

Not sure if I can find Vegan gelatin here Salt Lake, but will ask around!!