Meet-n-Greet reminder

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by ResinRubber, May 8, 2010.

1. RkyMtnWayHigh69

RkyMtnWayHigh69 2010 NAGC Winner

@ Useless - Duly noted! I don't think thats an unreasonable request.

I'm sure EVERYONE will respect the wishes of those who choose to remain anonymous.

I'd say ANY pics of people are EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED unless EVERYONE involved agrees.

2. SecretGrower420

SecretGrower420 Baked as fuck

I need to get a new passport to join the festivities. Maybe if this happens again sometime in the future.

3. Boa

Boa Cured Fat Sticky Bud

in that case man Id say no camera's at at. That is a good point and you never know so y take the chance. Shit just meetin u guys should be enough. Useless man that would be a bummer if u didnt show so plz consider it.

As for the shirts i dontcare what style u chose just get me a xxl green t and mrs.boa a L. Man less than 48 days i was high when i posted that lol!

4. AverageJoe

AverageJoe papa oom mow mow

I'm on board with that. :beerchug-2:

Unfortunately we can't say "No Cameras". Everyone of us most likely has a camera on our cell phone, and nobody is gonna leave that at home.

It will just have to be an "on your honor" thing.

5. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

We Are Coming, For Sure.

We have made our decision that we are coming to the meet n greet, :thumbs-up: Yaaayyy!!, you're all :dog-nana: now!! :roffl: We are gonna rent a car and make arrangements to have our animals and garden cared for during the time of the event.

Will a compact car make it up to the camp area? I don't really want to shell out the extra $ for an SUV, but I will if it's necessary.

We haven't been anywhere in a few years and we really need some time away from it all. We are SUPER STOKED! We can't wait to meet all of you cool ass people and smoke some kind buds with y'all. :thumbs-up: :passsit: :passsit:

Don't worry about us vegetarians, we can feed ourselves and we could possibly eat some good high quality meat while we're on vacation, (at least I might, I can't speak for the mrs. on this one)

We definitely want shirts or hoodies or whatever is being planned. What is the cost for them? My size is men's XXL and the mrs is a Women's M or a men's Small.

Wooo Hooooo time to have some fun!

6. AverageJoe

AverageJoe papa oom mow mow

:nanner: :broccoli: :pickle: :broccoli: :pickle: :broccoli: :pickle: :broccoli: :pickle: :broccoli: :pickle: :broccoli: :pickle: :nanner:

get it???........it's veggies :rolleyes: :wink: :roffl:

7. Boa

Boa Cured Fat Sticky Bud

LMao

Now that right there is funny!

So this is turning out to be the shit guys!!! Now on the phone camera thing, i guess just make sure that everyone is cool b4 snappin ne pics, or just use it as ur PHONE!!! I hate that this has to be like it is! I guess this isnt the place to start raggin on the gov. and shit i cant change. Man i cant wait till this shit is legal and i can stand next to some of u cool ass ppl to snap some pics! Useless i guess i can see u y u dont wanna show, u never know what can happen. IDK but i can wait to be smkin upso high in the sky:flyy:

8. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Yeah Ganjahs! Very cool you two are comin! Joe.....:roffl: :roffl: :roffl: that's good.

9. RkyMtnWayHigh69

I think people are missing the intent of the cameras. I know I'm not going to be taking any pics of peoples faces or anything like that, but I will be taking pics of the scenery and whatever wildlife comes our way. ;)

I don't think anyone was asking if cameras were allowed, so they could snap pics of people.

I'm sure cameras WILL NOT be an issue! We all understand the reality of what most of us are doing, and realize the severity of this in their respective states, so I'm sure EVERYONE is smart enough to keep their cameras to themselves. So, I guarantee NOONE will have to cancel their trip due to security reasons. It just isn't going to happen!

RasGanJah & MrsGanJah - I am VERY happy your going to be making it to the campout. I know we'll all have an outstanding time.

I'm sure the compact car will make it up the road. Just not at 55mph. ;)

This is almost the DEADLINE for getting in your shirt requests. Hurry and make your decisions. ;)

10. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Almost forgot mine!

Lg t-shirt

ResinRubber

Mrs & Ras.....the compact will get you there. Once situated you both have a welcome seat in my 4x4 for any backcountry off road exploring we may take on.

11. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

large t shirt

mj green background

Teamster6

12. SteelCity Smoker

SteelCity Smoker To Be Continued

YAY teamster didn't die of a heartattack word up old man!!!Steelcity

13. PharmDoc

PharmDoc Just a NORML guy

Alright, so after a few day hiatus, I'm back. I'm collecting shirt info and stuff on a hard copy paper too to make sure I don't miss anything. What I'll do is right before the dealine I'll post what each member wants in order to ensure accuracy of ordering shirts. Just make sure to post here or to shoot me a PM to secure your shirt!

Useless, for what its worth I can be your personal paparazzi bouncer. I'm not saying that I'm Chuck Norris or anything, but I'm sure I could quickly convince a few GKers (Boa, you got my back? Joe? Res?) to take care of any errant camera situ's that would come up if need be. What I'm saying is...

PLEASE COME TO THE MEET AND GREET!!!

:not-worthy: :not-worthy: :not-worthy: :not-worthy: :not-worthy: :not-worthy: :not-worthy: :not-worthy: :not-worthy: :not-worthy: :not-worthy: :not-worthy: :not-worthy: :not-worthy: :not-worthy: :not-worthy: :not-worthy: :not-worthy: :not-worthy: :not-worthy: :not-worthy: :not-worthy: :not-worthy: :not-worthy: :not-worthy: :not-worthy: :not-worthy: :not-worthy:

14. PharmDoc

Shirt List

THE LIST:

ResinRubber: L tee - ResinRubber on sleeve

Teamster6: L tee - Teamster6 on sleeve (green shirt)

Teamsterette6: M Tee - Teamsterette6 on sleeve (green shirt)

Boa: XXL ________ - Boa on sleeve (green shirt)

MrsBoa: L _______ - MrsBoa on sleeve (green shirt)

GeoKitty: XL LSTee - GeoKitty on sleeve, resident cougar 2010 on the other

RkyMtnWayHigh69: XXL Trio (Hoodie,LSTee,Tee) RkyMtnWayHigh69 on sleeve

AverageJoe: XXL ________ - AJoe on sleeve (green shirt)

Rasganja: XXL Tee/Hoodie - Rasganja on sleeve

MrsGanja: S/M Tee/Hoodie - MrsGanja on sleeve

PharmDoc: L Trio - PharmDoc on sleeve (green shirt)

MrsPharmDoc: M LSTee/Tee - MrsPharmDoc on sleeve (Green LSTee, Gray Tee)

PLEASE ENSURE I HAVE THE SIZES, COLORS, AND SHIRT STYLES WITH COLORS YOU WANT BEFORE THE DEADLINE OTHERWISE YOU WILL JUST RECEIVE A TEE IN YOUR STATED SIZE!!!

15. PharmDoc

...and of course Useless's hoodie too :thumbs-up:

16. Useless

Useless Diogenes Reincarnate

RR- Hit me up via e-mail. Need to confirm hoodies order, add a tee for a bro, and I need a map. :passsit:

17. Useless

Useless Diogenes Reincarnate

For Mr and Mrs Ras....

I'll go vegetarian for a day to support...

I'm wishing Daffy lots of luck cause Elmer Fudds a huntin duck, dreaming about a little fricassee

And Bugs Bunny's friend of mine eating him I'd feel like Frankenstein, eating flesh seems pretty foul to me

Cooking chickens don't seem right, morning, noon or late night, Ain't no chicken ever done no harm to me,

So Thanksgiving or Christmas Eve give those turkeys ill reprieve, ain't no turkey got to die for me...

18. RkyMtnWayHigh69

Right on everyone . . . It looks like we've got the shirt thing just about figured out. I'm going to pick up shirts and hoodies, Monday. So, we need to make sure we all have our sizes and shirt requests in.:idea:

What ever happened to John H.? Didn't he have space shuttle rides or something special planned for the campout? Maybe a Blue Angels flyover or something?:laugh:

Seriously though . . . if he's planning on attending the campout, we need his info. I hope he wasn't just blowing smoke up our asses. He'd made a few commitments regarding this Meet-n-Greet, and I'd hate to think he was full of shit . . . Personally, I hope he was truthful and just got sidetracked, but we'll see.

Get your order in this weekend, if it hasn't already been submitted. ;)

19. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

shirts

Hi rocky

boy Im in deep shit. I forgot about Teamsterette6. She will not be making the trip. She will watch the farm and my clones and feed 32 horses. but wants a shirt and threatening not to water my clones if she does not get one ha ha!! Can she get one?

It would be the same as mine

t-shirt green background

Medium size

t6

20. GeoKitty

GeoKitty Guest

High Altitude Baking, Etc....

Been meaning to post this as a reminder to those not used to cooking & baking in the higher mountain ranges! Remember to adjust your recipes accordingly......perhaps Rocky has a few suggestions as well!

High Altitude Baking

Baking at high altitudes, 3,500 feet above sea level or more, requires some adjustments to standard recipes. Here are some general guidelines:

Because there is generally lower humidity at high altitudes, flour tends to dry out more quickly and may absorb more liquid in a recipe. Store flour in an airtight container.

At any altitude above sea level, the air pressure is lower. This lower air pressure allows baked foods to rise faster. Leavening agents such as yeast, baking powder and baking soda create large gas bubbles that expand rapidly. The large bubbles can weaken the structure of baked goods and cause cakes and breads to collapse unless recipe adjustments are made. In addition, too much sugar can weaken the structure of baked goods.

Water boils at a lower temperature than at sea level (as elevation increases, the boiling point is reduced 2 degrees per 1,000 foot increase) so foods take longer to cook. Liquids evaporate faster at high altitudes so foods such as cooked frostings and candies will become harder more rapidly.

If no high altitude adjustments are given in a recipe, here are some suggestions to try:

Cakes

Use the chart below to adjust the cake ingredients listed. Try the smaller amounts first; make any necessary adjustments next time around. When baking a cake, increase the oven temperature about 20 degrees and decrease the baking time slightly to keep if from expanding too much. If given a choice, use the largest pan size suggested. For cakes leavened by air, such as angel food, beat the egg whites only to soft peaks. Otherwise, your cakes may expand too much (because the air pressure is less). If you're making a cake that contains a large amount of fat or chocolate (a cup or more) you may need to reduce the shortening by 1 or 2 Tbsp. and add an egg to prevent the cake from falling. The leavening, sugar, and liquid in cakes leavened with baking powder or baking soda may need adjustment, too (see chart below).

Ingredient 3,000 Feet 5,000 Feet 7,000 Feet

Liquid: add for each cup 1 to 2 Tbsp. 2 to 4 Tbsp. 3 to 4 Tbsp.

Baking powder: decrease for each teaspoon 1/8 teaspoon 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon 1/4 teaspoon

Sugar: decrease for each cup 0 to 1 tablespoon 0 to 2 Tbsp. 1 to 3 Tbsp.

Biscuits and Muffins

Biscuits and muffins are more stable than cakes and need little adjustment at high altitudes. If you feel it is necessary, experiment by slightly reducing the sugar and baking powder and increasing the liquid.

Cookies

Cookies usually need little adjustment at high altitudes. Try increasing the oven temperature about 20 degrees and slightly decrease the baking time. This will keep your cookies from drying out. For cake or bar type cookies, reduce the sugar called for in the recipe by 3 Tbsp. per cup. If given a choice, use the largest pan size suggested.

Yeast Doughs

At high altitudes, flours tend to be drier and therefore may absorb more liquid. If dough seems dry, add more liquid and reduce the amount of flour the next time you make the recipe. Yeast breads will require a shorter rising time and should rise only until double in size to prevent them from collapsing during baking. Allow unshaped dough to rise according to recipe directions; punch dough down. Repeat rising step once more before shaping dough.

Quick Breads

Quick breads often need 2 to 4 Tbsp. additional flour and a higher baking temperature.