Meet-n-Greet reminder

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by ResinRubber, May 8, 2010.

1. RkyMtnWayHigh69

RkyMtnWayHigh69 2010 NAGC Winner

Hey bud ?!?!?!?! :finger:

2. Toker2

Toker2 Looking at a hot ass

Guys i say this with love, and a hearty joke smiled face.....

I know this will probabbly get me in trouble.....for those in a legal

state or those traveling to one please forgive me i should have read the thread.....but 400 plus posts is more than i care to read

hell 10 is pushing it,,,,,,

But all i can see is a bunch of stoners getting off a bus so to speak

and claimiing their prize so to speak....and leo ushering off the un wary

Opps i did say that....I know:321fu: :321fu: :321fu: :321fu: :321fu: :321fu: you

toker 2

anyways Hope all is well:popcorn-2: :roffl: :dog-nana: :beerchug-2:

I will crawl back to my nice safe cave now

Just cant help but think of that sign on 95 one time--[drug check ahead]

and all the poor folks that took the exit before drove right up to leo and his dawgs....

Love ya mean it...

Lets do lunch some time:roffl: :flyy: :flyy:

3. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Well let's see Toke.....we covered this about 200 posts back.

In a state with under 1 oz handled as a petty fine of $100 and requests that anybody holding to keep under that limit, a smoke out at the state capitol with thousands blazing up that went unharassed, two townships that have fully legalized personal weed and instructed city officers specifically to NOT enforce any state or federal MJ statutes for casual use, a remote reasonably closely held specific location.....I think we've done the best one could hope for as far as safety goes.

At some point as tokers we need to come out our little holes and gather to promote what we do and enjoy. Even if its a small private gesture of friends gathering in a rural campsite. Small gestures, if done often enough by enough people, can help to eventually turn the tide.

Rosa Parks was just a lady on a bus. Robert Randall just wanted to be able to use MMJ. We just want to openly smoke weed on a mountain with our friends.

Just my perspective, cheers Toker

4. PharmDoc

PharmDoc Just a NORML guy

I concur.

RkyMtnWayHigh69 likes this.
  5. Toker2

200 posts back......man I am way to lazy and not that much intrested

to read all that......Im still grinning....damn wiskey

anyways Im sure it will be fine. just fucking around and jerking chains

like i said, sorta....if its worth a shit IMO it will be in a state with med mmj

and probably is...just fucking around.....may the smoke from yalls party

drift my way:flyy:

Oh and I dont get here that much, I am always busy somewhere

but im just as we say in the south.....funning yall:alienwink:

6. RkyMtnWayHigh69

RkyMtnWayHigh69 2010 NAGC Winner

It's not like we're crack-heads or meth-heads.

We're going on a camping trip, not holding up an armored car or something like that . . .

I'm VERY confident the DUI patrols will be more intense than the MJ smoking camper patrol.:laugh:

I am a FREE man and I will act FREELY!:iwojima:

7. Toker2

Camping? Shit give me a river to float down and my gears......

Aww ya, watch out for the cityfolks:beerchug-2:

8. GeoKitty

GeoKitty Guest

See??!!

THIS level of intelligence is what makes a man VERY Sexy!!

Very Well Said, My Darling Smart Friend!!

Another way to put it is:

"Stupid Is As Stupid Does"

So.....don't be stupid & drive to this shindig smartly & safely....once there...all will be well and let the good buds roll!

9. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

I get the anology Res.....but that was in the 40's 50's and 60's man....Its killer what progress IS being made on the mmj front...but IF the man wanted to, its still a wrap!!!

I read a good bit of Denvers paper and some of the papers in Cali and all I notice is A LOT of robbing and raids goin on in those areas....yes in know theyre GOOD people but DEA dont give a shit bout good or bad....The local leo may be shying away from in-town or certain counties but its still illegal man

All i know is, the pharm companies will NEVER EVER let mmj become legalized, you'll see aliens before it becomes legal......that industry employs say 3 million people, to produce say 20,000 differant medications......ok?.......well IF, like we ALL KNOW, MMJ can and will eliminate the need for half of the meds we have now....then that would kill atleast half their workforce, then the trickle down effect explodes, which in turn will crush americans again....shit atleast half of my commercials i see are for MEDS.....I just think everyone is a fair bit jaded anymore with the new partial local laws

Let alone once O'Bama gets out'd in a few years, itll all go back to Bush times

10. virago420

virago420 Excommunicated

Wow, way to stay positive CC :thumbs-up:

I disagree with you however. We have come along way in the movement to end MJ prohibition. Yes its still federally illegal, but change is coming. It HAS to. For some reason no one has yet to be man enough to step up and make the necessary changes in government law, but they will eventually.

Its either fill the jails/prisons with harmless MJ tokers, or change the laws and make room for the real criminals.

Unfortunately change doesnt happen overnight, but it WILL happen eventually. In the meantime all we can is help spread the knowledge of the benefits of MJ being legal.

Peace -V420

11. CCrete

I know, i didnt mean to be all Debbie Downer.....but its my reality in my head.....Im just a very black n white person, either it IS or it ISNT, up or down...etc...

Its just that i see all the excitement to go out and do your thing "legally"...when its NOT legal, not even remotely close to it............we all know the rug is guna get pulled out from underneath us, but when? I dunno, Whats to good to be true usually IS

My question to everyone is : Why would it be legalized? NOT why do WE want it to be.....but why would the goverment make it legal after alll this time? What other MAJOR laws have been overturned in history in our recent times?

Believe me, Im not trying to piss on a parade, it just has my mind workin

12. ResinRubber

Robert Randall was 1976, Prop 215 was 90's. Now we are ready for another push.....and it is happening. Look around my friend. I well know the risks in non-MMJ states but that's my point. NON-MMJ STATES! When I was starting to toke there were NO MMJ states. Now we have 14 with Arizona having tried several times to go fully legal and failed and Cali with full legalization on a referendum ballot. Unthinkable when I took my first toke.

New Jersey, the backyard of major Pharm in the U.S. has MMJ. Rutgers has been chosen to grow the supply of marijuana for New Jersey patients. Big pharm is looking at NJ as the model for MMJ with them as supplier.

Times are changing CC and that means it's time to do something......anything that furthers anti-Prohibition. We don't have to be stupid and invite the neighbors to see our gardens. But we can support states that think like we do by giving them our tourism $$, we can go to a NORML event on 4/20 and toss $20 in the bucket, we can teach another toker how to grow, send an anonymous letter to your congressperson. We can gather to openly enjoy our choice/lifestyle and give support in the camaraderie that comes from actually knowing other growers. Not just tokers....but people who know and have a deeper appreciation of cannabis..

Societal change isn't vast and rapid young head. It's incremental and painstakingly slow. One small effort at a time. So in that context, a bunch of stoners blowing on a mountain is a very small piece of that incremental movement towards something different. But a piece none the less.

cheers,

Post script: "What other major laws have been over turned?" The most similar is much too obvious and I'm embarrassed to have to type this. Repeal of the 18th Amendment ring a bell? Prior to that the Volstead Act.

You see, "recent times" is again a relative term. Your lifetime is a poor scale to use when applying societal change. Laws and social values often take a generation (or two) to fully evolve and became reality. The idea that time is relative only to my own perspective is one of the flaws present in American consciousness in our time. An interesting saying some canyoneers and rock climbers use is "Geologic Time is NOW!". Meaning that even though I can't see it, that rock has been moving for hundreds of years and may choose right NOW to fall on my head..

13. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

:fireworks: Bravo.............................:thumbs-up: :thumbs-up: :thumbs-up: :thumbs-up:

Teamster6

14. CCrete

Ok go smoke some weed in front of a federal agent then

I know its a battle....but who has it been fought under this time? Who has made the most progress? O'Bama...wait till he goes away, back to the 80's mindset

Hey i might be "young, undereducated and an asshole" but reality is in my face daily....its illegal, EVERYWHERE man, bar-none, no questions about it!

I deal with massive progress everday in my line of work, i get the struggle and the fight for a goal but.....our gov cannot be swayed like it did in the earlier days, strength in numbers is a thing of the past, money talks now

Its super that the "STATE" laws can let you smoke a joint in the street but the FEDERAL laws says you go to jail and the FEDS WIN over state, so now what?

As for big pharm having a hand in MMJ, yea right....we all know how much it costs to get our plants grown.....MAJORLY DIRT CHEAP........a team of 4 people could grow 3-400lbs at a clip

Its NOT even a crumb of what a synthetic drug costs to make and sell......basically MMJ has a tiny cash value of what a traditional MED would be to the pharm biz......it just isnt worth it to them, but like anyone else they WILL jump on the train, merely because they have checks and balances in place already....which in turn will lockout the quality, which will put it back underground.......then itll be about the potency values from MMJ to street

Then you get regulation of pot strength......they'll be a law on that one now

Shit man, smokin and drinkin have been killing innocent people for decades, it'll NEVER be illegal.......cuz none of it is a felony

Pot laws are surrounded by felony charges, which creates insane fear

All i know is....i can go buy 50,000 barrels of beer, drink them all, get hammered drunk, go driving and die or kill someone......thats legal by the State and Fed gov.....................or.....................I could have a dime sized bud in my hand and go to jail for it, in every state in the union

Alcohol has been murduring for years, it still legal, always will be, why would it change? Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) has been pushing hard for 30+ years.....basically ZERO progress, maybe a tid bit here and there....but its still on the shelves.....theres so many failed examples out there

Pot is illegal, always will be, why would it change? Cuz it makes a person with cancer eat when they're not so hungry? It relieves a headache? Backache?

Trust me folks....I LOOOOOOOOVE POT, it has done wonders for my mind and spirit....I use it responsibly most times......but its reality im talking from

15. CCrete

ROFL.....your seriously going to use prohibition as an example? How many people have died since 1933 then on from drinking related issues??? Yea that was a great decision from the GOV

Dude seriously, go ahead kick my young ass down some stairs with your intelligence, im sure theres places that I could drown you as well.......it does nothing to sway my opinion

Facts remain facts......its illegal in CAli and Colo and Az and all the other MMJ states, if it was legal, then why do the "legal" growers and dispensaries get raided and shut down and locked up???

Res, I enjoy the argument here but dont try and beat me down like im some kinda retarded moron with no common sense by speakin more eloquently and structured than I.....thanks for the geologic referance, i feel so, so, so smarter now

16. ResinRubber

Chris? You hitting the pipe or what? That was way to convoluted and twisted upon your own logic to even know where to start......but I'll try. You know I dig ya brother but you've gone whacko.

17. ResinRubber

BTW...I respect you too much to try and beat you down CC. From my perspective some of your thoughts are flawed and inconsistent that's all. Which you obviously believe of mine. I'm cool with that. But if you try to make a position and back it up then do it man.

The rock analogy is one I remind myself with regularly. Often times it's easy to become impatient. No offense intended.

18. CCrete

I said FEDERAL agent, not a local cop who has ro run a mile in 10minutes to get a badge

Regan?...Nancy Regan CREATED the "WAR ON DRUGS"

State laws are just that, they pertain to their desires....but when the DEA, a FED, come in...its game over...it doesnt matter what the st courts say and the supreme court wants nothing to do with this

As for Norml and giving them love.....people around here are so busy trying to keep their heads above water, pot legalization is the ultimate last thing on their minds...they just hide and puff and shut up, I cant hold a gun to thier heads

Big Pharm will never allow it to be soicaly legal, it would cure half of the countries issues, lol..............BUT if it makes anykind of money, they're guna want in on it....thats just politics

As for the drinkin and driving......thats in YOUR state......people get OFF daily all over the country on vehiclular manslaughter....out in 3 years, you just need a good lawyer....good money and keep your mouth shut if interviewed while drunk still, FOR KILLING, not smoking............and if you believe in decriminalization your nuts.....you can go from standing there smoking and a $100 fine and if you have .001 grams too much you now a felon?????

And around here they have brown bag laws.....keep it concealed.....your experiences seem waaay more hardcore than around here and the States that im familiar with around me

MADDs business design is to eliminate alcohol sales, to make it illegal....they failed...time and time again.....so the State and Local govs sufficed them to what the laws are now....whoop-d-doo....I have to drink 2 or 3 less beers to not be legally drunk...BUT...i can still drive towards my home, get caught and DRIVE home...SEMI DRUNK? All cause MADD lowered a limit.....big deal theres still a limit

And Nooo, its not a rant or a far cry from reality....the reality is its illegal in 50 states, call the DEA ask em'

Its MY opinion and thoughts on the subject thats all, we can argue the various points allday long......i can say my joint is 5 ft long and yours is 4ft but when we can see it, it becomes reality, REAL.....I bet if you went to whoever fed agent in your area and showed him some pot, your going to jail, thats real...now if you go to a local cop and you do the same and you walk freely....KILLER! All im sayin is its STILL illegal and I think people get very jaded by the small amount of progress......people get complacent and comfortable then they do dumb shit, then we all go in reverse

19. CCrete

No actually, my life has found peace n' education within listening to others and how they live and feel on topics of life...I was raised by nobody, with no guidence or help.....thats why im black and white.......its either legal or illegal to ME

I see it like this......your points...have their own points........and my points have their own as well.....its IMPOSSIBLE to have a tru conversation in a post by post forum......you lose context and ability to stress a point or to even argue a tiny spec that goes with a big spec

I know lots of intelligent people, people who think they're intelligent, dumb asses etc.....NOBODY ever impresses me.....we're ALL the same....we all get buried in a box or burned up....we all breathe air and shit n piss the same....I used to ride up on a high horse..........Frankly...I think im the best at everything, im the smartest, im the toughest, Im the biggest and baddest, My ego is gigantic too Res...........but the reality is, not even close

20. stickyicky24

stickyicky24 Cured Fat Sticky Bud

V- The problem with your statement is the jails have nothing to do with the decision. They can decriminalize rather than legalize it and that will eliminate sending tokers to jail.

I'm split between Chris and Res in my stance. While I would like to think a full scale legalization is around the corner, there are too many reasons for them to NOT do one. Just making it legal for meds has many advantages for the guberment since they can they control EVERY aspect of it for the most part. I mean I'm sure I'm not the only one that catches an article here and there about them cracking down on a MMJ doc for prescribing for BS reasons. If they feel its getting out of control, they will audit all the docs, eliminate 3/4 of the patients, and scare all the docs straight again to making sure all the claims are legitimate. I use to think that the main reason it happened would be over money since there are so many dollars to be had by legalization since...

A. A majority of the pot bought on the street comes from Mexico and Canada, which in turn means the majority of U.S. money is returned there, NOT stimulating our economy (although that number is definitely dwindling over the past few years).

B. There is alot of money to be had for growing equipment, seeds, etc. that would provide lots of oppurtunity for small business. More business, more taxing, you get the point. Then all my seed money is going to mom and pop and in turn Uncle Sam, rather than Gypsy.

C. It would definitely boom the tourist market. I mean when I plan vacations outside the U.S., I take MJ laws into consideration. I would never let it make up my mind about visiting a place, as its no biggie to go a week or two, but its certainly a bonus. And I would like to think most MJ friendly tokers think along the same lines as me.

I could go on and on, you get the point. But in the end I think its just a control thing. The government doesn't wanna look soft by giving in on this issue, or any one for that matter. So they will probably stick to medical laws, that way anyone on the outside looking in will think its for medicinal purposes and they don't have to look like they allow it (even though we all know that if you put in a little work ANYONE can get a card). They can control limits this way and tax it and avoid issues that come up with a full scale legalization. Think of all the youngins that will be filling private property and public game lands with nothing but MJ plants if its legalized. It would blow up in a second and thats just too much at once for those anti-MJ people to take.

And while I'm with you on most issues Res, I unfortunately can't be on the front lines. I'm in a line of work where it simply would not go over well and I have children and just can't justify the risks of putting my face out there. Until its fully legalized its selfish of me to risk my kids well being or their father losing his job to attempt to be a trend setter. I hear what your saying and I know it takes all of us to get it done, but times are alot different now than they were 70-80 years ago. People are nuts and will have your head in a second over things and for now I'd rather lay low and do my own thing and wait til the time is right to have my voice heard. While I agree we're getting close, we're just not there yet...........