My First Grow in Japan

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by Hank Chinaski, Mar 25, 2010.

1. Boa

Boa Cured Fat Sticky Bud

Pics man pics whats up?!?

2. Hank Chinaski

Hank Chinaski Ruminating

Yeah man, I know. My computers all broke. I'll get some up some time this week (I hope).

Check back later.

:passsit: :popcorn-2:

3. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Bumpin ya Hank. You deserve it taking the risk growing in Japan. (still think your nuts but what the hell) Good luck with the rest of the crop.

cheers,

4. blackprince11

blackprince11 Prince of the Hindu Kush

Computer problems, ehh?

Computer problems? Dude, didn't I warn you about NINJA? You've been sabotaged! The Yakuza wants your smoke! The shriuken has been cocked and is ready to throw!

5. NOTthatTIGER

NOTthatTIGER Developed Alternating Nodes

well done man!

make sure next year, you chooses mold resistant strains, and outdoor strains as well... just a suggestion...

but you are huge! man, HUGE!!!......but DO keep yer eyes out for ninja LEO's....

6. Hank Chinaski

Hank Chinaski Ruminating

Update Pics!!

Ok, finally got my computer squared away and here's a few pics to share.

This is a small cola from one of my Jack Herers. You can see some molding in there. They went out late and and didn't get too big. I got about 10 grams per plant. At least the non-moldy stuff smells and tastes really good and is pretty strong. I am smoking fat buds every day now. Thanks to anyone who has given advice and encouragement.

[​IMG]

This is a good shot of a branch being overtaken by the dreaded Brown Wither mold (the name I gave it).

[​IMG]

Some good buds, moldy shite and a scale.

[​IMG]

Here is the one Jack Herer from the grow site that doesn't have mold problems. Consequently, I didn't have to take it early and it got 3 more weeks to finish off. It's done drying and I'm gonna smoke some when I get home in about an hour to compare the strength. About 2 feet tall, 10 grams dry bud. I wonder how much I could get from these JH at their max size?

[​IMG]

Here's a few Neville's Hazes. This one is very wispy.

[​IMG]

These two NH are much bushier. I hope these biatches deliver the goods for me. When it's all said and done, I'll have had to haul myself through the river and into my secret spot in the bamboo thicket at least 20 times. Outdoor growing is no joke. It takes a bit of work!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Another shot of the Purple White Widow. Nothing special.

[​IMG]

Trying to get a shot of some of the buds on some branches, but this thing is so dang leafy. Notice the purple coloration showing on some leaves.

[​IMG]

And another purple leaf shot. I'm gonna get my purp on in a few weeks.

[​IMG]

One of the Super Hazes.

[​IMG]

This was a bonus seed. I wonder what it was? I clipped a little bud from a lower branch and tried it out. Decent effect, but seemed a lot weaker than the Jack Herer I've been enjoying.

[​IMG]

This is a dead tanuki. Poor guy. He didn't make it to full grown. They are pretty hard to spot, but quite cute when you happen to catch one (living). That reminds me. Like two days ago I stopped at a red light and there was a cat sitting on the corner and he waited until the crossing light turned green and then crossed at the crosswalk. Smart.

If he would have turned his head and looked me in the eye as he crossed in front of my car, I would have totally pissed myself.

[​IMG]

Yeah, Tiger. The first batch of seeds I ordered were outdoor varieties, but they all (except for my big beauty) died. I'm going to put a lot of thought into choosing varieties next year. Well, I'm already thinking about, actually.

:passsit: :alien11: :alienwink:

7. bncooldude13

bncooldude13 I supply your drug dealer

Dang hank that Japaneese bud looks great. I love the purple widow. Im sorry to see ur mold and leaf problems.

Good grow Bud

thnx for finnaly posting pics

pce

8. ScottyG420

ScottyG420 Marijuana Handler

Nothing special? That plant looks huge! I'd love to sample that. .

Great job bro. Thanks for the pics!

9. Hank Chinaski

Hank Chinaski Ruminating

Thanks. I mean nothing special in that the pic looks like all the other pics of that plant. The pic is nothing special. The plant is my pride and joy. I can't wait to try her out.

:passsit:

10. ScottyG420

ScottyG420 Marijuana Handler

Keep on keepin' on, Hank! :passsit:

11. Hank Chinaski

Hank Chinaski Ruminating

Oh, you betcha I will. Thanks for stopping by. :thumbs-up:

:bong-2:

12. Dixie Hicky

Dixie Hicky Excommunicated

WELL DONE! Im waiting to hear the final SMOKE report! Can you list the quality of each strain you grew?

Dixie

13. Hank Chinaski

Hank Chinaski Ruminating

I could list the potency of the strains. A more subtle analysis might be difficult, but I'll try to rate the strains as best I can.

:passsit:

I'm gonna have a new update with pics up in the next day or two. :angel4:

14. Hank Chinaski

Hank Chinaski Ruminating

I went out to check on my plants 5 days ago. We have been having a lot of cold rain recently. Almost everyday. I hadn't been out to my two spots in two weeks. It definitely was a good thing I did go out, though.

There were like 5 or 6 plants that had fallen over and needed to be retied to their poles. Wet and cold and laying on the ground. Good conditions for mold there, but I didn't see or smell anything funny. Had to retie a few branches on the big PWW also.

It turned out to be good timing as the next 4 days have been sunny and warm and my plants must be a whole lot happier.

:popcorn-2:

Lvstickybud and HeadCase like this.
  15. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

Nice. I look forward to your updates. The PWW still looks great. It would be nice to hear how this smokes and some bud pics of it when it's done. Great job.

16. Hank Chinaski

Hank Chinaski Ruminating

A Few New Pics

Here is a close up of a part of the PWW. Omfg, my computer is giving me such problems right now just trying to get these pics up. I'm about to commit harakiri. Left my smoke at home. :(

[​IMG]

Here's another pic of that one strange Neville's Haze. Strange pheno. It looks kinda cool, but there are no colas or bud clusters at all. I'm glad the other ones are budding out pretty well.

[​IMG]

A couple normal Neville's Haze.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's a little Super Haze. Getting close, I think. Next year, I'm going to be looking for some earlier finishing plants.

[​IMG]

This was from a bonus seed. Sativa-ish leaves. Turned very purple in the end. Any ideas as to what it was?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Useless

Useless Diogenes Reincarnate

Hank, have you ever been to Kashihara City? Birth place of the first emperor, home of the largest wooden structure (the Buddhist monastery) which houses the worlds largest golden Buddha?

I ask because in Kashihara City, the deer do the same thing the cat you mentioned did. The deer come down form the mountains daily, and wander the city. They are revered by the monks, and I guess there is some pretty stiff penalties if you injure one, even if it's accidentally with your car. BUt they all line up behind the alpha males, who stands at the crosswalk. When the light changes to the "walk" symbol, the head male looks to make sure the cars have stopped moving, then walks across the street, with the herd in tow. It was totally fucking amazing. Anyway, if you haven't been, check it out during the Cherry Tree blossom celebration. Abso-fucking-lutely beautiful.

Nice plants BTW. Don't judge that wispy little Neville's Haze just yet. I have had some super potent smoke from plants that look just like that. Granted, there were only a few joints worth on the entire plant, but still a total brain dart fired into the depths of your cerebral cortex.

That mold kind of looks like it's from worms. Were you using Spinosad as a preventative?

18. Hank Chinaski

Hank Chinaski Ruminating

No, I haven't really traveled much around Japan. I've heard about the deer down in Nara many times, though. Someday I'll get down there and see the daibutsu.

That's what I'm hoping for.

You mentioned worms before, but I checked the plants and also inside the buds and never found any bugs at all. No, I wasn't using Spinosad. The products that get recommended on this site just aren't available here. I live a countryside type area, though, and there is a lot of agricultural activity. The store has many, many different pesticides, etc... I was using some kind of white powder that was supposed to kill bugs, but I couldn't tell you offhand what the active ingredients were.

Thanks for taking a look.

:alienwink:

TheFomorian likes this.
  19. Hank Chinaski

Hank Chinaski Ruminating

Three Neville's Hazes. This first one has a double cola.

[​IMG]

This is one of branch colas from that first NH. Only this one is showing any purple.

[​IMG]

Neville's Haze

[​IMG]

And one more Neville's Haze.

[​IMG]

This is the first of three Super Hazes. He looks pretty done to me, but I forgot my loupe when I went out the other day, so I couldn't check.

[​IMG]

And this is it's cola. Also going purple. It's been getting pretty cold lately. I wonder if it isn't the cold turning things purple.

[​IMG]

Another Super Haze.

[​IMG]

And it's top cola.

[​IMG]

And the last Super Haze.

[​IMG]

The Purple White Widow is looking pretty ragged, but the colas and buds are getting denser and harder, I think.

[​IMG]

Here is a branch end.

[​IMG]

Thanks for checking in. Someday soon I will finally take these in and can give a little better idea of weight and potency. I just don't want to take anything too early.

20. RkyMtnWayHigh69

RkyMtnWayHigh69 2010 NAGC Winner

Very nice Hank!:bigok:

It looks like your going to be smoking some local outdoor Japaneese weed, very soon.;! :congrats:

I'm curious to see what the final count it, once your all done harvesting. ;)

Great job! :alienwink: :affro: