My Generation...My Prediction...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Dazechain, Oct 25, 2004.

1. nobogart

nobogart Cured Fat Sticky Bud

Well kill me for a typo and **** you very much for your unsolicited and unwanted opinion pretend to know!

Also I would like to thank you for the unprovoked attack and your passing judgment on me your omnipotence. I still think you grow some nice plants and do appreciate your previous input to me and the site I do not seem to comprehend why out of the blue you strike at me.

Check yourself man never said a bad thing to or about you it would seem you have some pent up anger that is being misdirected here.

(Edited by nobogart at 5:46 pm on Nov. 2, 2004)

2. MellowDood

MellowDood weed eater

sorry that you took it so personally, but i was just being honest. bush is so obviously using religion to gain popularity. why? politics is ALL about popularity, whether on the issues or the candidates' characteristics and personal beliefs. religion has always been the BEST way to gain loyal support of the masses.

it is my opinion that mr. bush pretends to be a religious man to justify his actions and gain popularity, and that kind of dishonesty makes me sick. the fact that conservatives like my parents who truly believe in their religion are fooled by this prick's act nearly makes me lose faith in the only thing worth having faith in -- honest people who care about others as much or more than they care about their own well-being.

sure, kerry has his own act, but that's what politics has become these days. if his act ends up negatively impacting the world 1% as much as bush and his boys have done (which would be hard if they tried), then i'll consider another alternative.

...btw, i voted for KERRY/EDWARDS :smokin:

3. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

I hate to say it and I am in no way pointing fingers at any one person, but in my experience with a religious family they seem to be the easiest people to get following you. Most religious people I have known in my lifetime and that's quite a few are sheep....tell them "god says it's true" and they follow blindly. I too have been trying to open my parent's eyes to this fact and they are far rom religiously bound, but used to be. Old habits are hard to break and when your president says god speaks to him then they think this is a sign to follow. Again...just my observation and not a judgement passed. As I told my mom...evil most times hides right out in plain sight putting on a 'godly face'. When you step back and view a man's actions and how they compare to his faith and beliefs they should parallel one another....in my opinion what Bush preaches is not what he practices....yet still many sheep follow because deep down in their souls they believe they are fighting for a 'good cause'. That's not their fault...it's their leader's fault for pulling the wool over their eyes and leading them into something they know little about based on a divine plan they have conjured to cover personal agendas.

4. nobogart

it is called faith and you must have it in the lord or be lost to his light......... can i get an amen brother!

Ps herb sometimes I think you are the only one who gets me. This typing text is sure hard to put the true sentiment on things sometimes it is more the way something would be said than what is said the emotion in the sound of the vocal fluctuations is lost in the words on the screen and easily misinterpreted.

(Edited by nobogart at 8:42 pm on Nov. 2, 2004)

5. agrowguy

agrowguy Excommunicated

Quote: from Dazechain on 9:45 am on Oct. 25, 2004
    Just a little over a week...til' the fat lady sings...

Just thought I would throw this out for public consumption.

With all the talk of the polls revealing a tight, tight race between Kerry and Bush...you all may find it hard to digest my prediction...but before I share my prediction with you...may I also say...that it will boil down to voter turnout...and of course the 8-11 key swing states...putting aside all the rhetoric and punditizing...I feel the people in this country are turning ripe with the will to change...but I digress...so here you have it...and I know I will be lambasted from all corners...but if I am right...I will be happy to tell you...you heard it here...today...1 week in advance...and " I told you so"...

My prediction...

John Forbes Kerry will win the 2004 Presidential Election by a very decisive lead(margin)...almost bordering on a landslide victory.

I know you already think I am a raving lunatic fringing on the wrong side of the issues...but I feel strongly about this prediction...so we will see...;)DC

(Edited by Dazechain at 12:10 pm on Oct. 25, 2004)

Dazechain strikes out again. fuckin nitwit ****.

6. jay

jay Cured Fat Sticky Bud

Quote: from nobogart on 5:35 pm on Nov. 2, 2004
    it is called faith and you must have it in the lord or be lost to his light.........

What kind of god would abandon his flock?

7. MellowDood

MellowDood weed eater

"having faith" is the only thing that holds together any religious institution because there are no good logical explanations for the fictional stories on which the institution is based.

8. stickifingers

stickifingers Cured Fat Sticky Bud

^WORDS OF TRUE WISDOM! THER DOOD^

----

Undisputably accurate!

9. ripright

ripright Developed Alternating Nodes

People who don't have faith don't understand it. It like explaining the color red to a blind person. If everything about religon was factual, then everyone would believe. This isn't the way it's supposed to be. It's supposed to be a consious choice. I find it amazing that the majority of people on this website are peope who preach tollerance, yet they're the first to bash religon. I don't "have faith" to make a fictional story logical. I have faith because I feel it in my heart. Not my head, I don't hear voices. It's more like an emotion, and I don't understand why people who have never felt it critisize it. But hey, someone tell me that I'm crazy, wrong, ignorant, whatever. I'm still going to have faith. And no, I don't believe that "love thy neighbor" thing means "drop a 500 pound bomb on a village in iraq". I see things a lot differently than most other "christians".

10. MellowDood

MellowDood weed eater

ripright, i understand what you mean. i just think a lot of people take "have faith" at face value or they think just saying they have faith is enough, despite the fact that they might be bigots.

my faith is in other people, not a belief system. i was raised catholic so i got a good bit of religious schooling, which helped to shape my morals. my primary reason for abandoning religion was the incredible hypocracy i observed in it. whether or not holy books like the bible are truly "the word of god" i can't say, but they were absolutely transcribed by humans (undoubtedly men) and over the years, decades, and centuries much has been distorted. the most basic rules i was taught to live by in order to be "a good christian boy" are contradicted so often that i must refuse to be associated with the tragedy that is organized religion.

11. SFC

SFC Latae Sententiae Excommunication

I am not religous. I hope there is a god, but I am not putting all my eggs in that basket. Still I cannot figure why people are hating on religous people. As long as they are not impeding my path I say have at it. If it brings you some kind of spiritual enlightenment that is great. Also without religon in our society we will face dire circumstances. People especially weaker minded people need to have belief that they are watched over,and will be judged, without it they may act without conscience, Belief in god is their conscience. I am not saying all religous people are week minded just trying to help the haters see why it is important.

12. stickifingers

stickifingers Cured Fat Sticky Bud

I agree RR that if you haven't tried it shut the **** up! Until you've experienced it you don't know. I've personally spent many moons in church & actually believed as you do at one time.

I can only say that I've always wanted to know more & more. And a big one for me is simply "why?" As I gathered more data & listened to OTHER religions perceptions I began wondering how my religion is correct. Did I choose it? What if I were born in a Muslim country. Would I feel the same? Why would ANY god allow such pain & suffering? Just who the hell am I to think mine is the only way? Why doesn't my dog have a soul? And last but not least why are all those bibles so full of bullshit?

It's human nature to wonder why... that fairy-tail book sure doesn't give me any answers. I know folks with tons of faith. Are they happier than I? Perhaps so. I am skeptical, but I wouldn't knock it unless I'd tried it. To me there's nothing to suggest I'm going anywhere after death except the morgue. The earth is crawling with millions of life forms when they cease to exist, that's it. How can we be so naive as to think we're somehow above that? Of course it all has to do with which religion we're talking about. They're all vastly different & change every 1000 years or so.

Ya know all any God would have to do is show some proof & I'd believe, I promise! Why play games if eternal salvation is so important? Why are we still paying for Adam & Eve's sins? He wiped our harddrive with a flood once & threatens to do it again with fire, so give us a break already! He supposedly made me skeptical, all I want is some proof, that's all. But so far no show. I guess that's where the faith comes in. In my case that ghost-well ran dry many years ago. I don't hold ill will for anyone who believes. I just feel it should not be pushed on others. Keep it to yourselves, stay out of politics, schools & currency.

SFC- Your right it does have a place in human development. It was in place long before modern religion was concocted. IMO, it goes back to that simple human question... why? If we don't know... make something up! Icarus flew too high... THAT is why his wings burned up! Water droplets in the sun form a reminder that the all loving God will not destroy the entire earth AGAIN (at least not by water)

I call that a rainbow. I can duplicate it with a garden hose on a sunny day. Not trying to be critical, it's just nut's & bolts with me. I believed in Santa way back when as well. I must be evolving [​IMG]

13. MellowDood

MellowDood weed eater

"Belief in god is their conscience."

well said, i feel the same way. the core of my belief system -- if you could call it that -- is that god does not exist in the way that christians believe. for lack of a better word, "god" is essentially your conscience, my conscience, and the collective conscience of everyone in the world. when people don't follow or ignore their conscience they negatively impact others who may, as a result, fail to follow their conscience. eventually this leads to chaos or, in other words, god is pissed. the other way around essentially leads to "heaven on earth" -- again, for lack of a better word. there is no all-powerful god ruling over the universe, so there is no heaven either. the only way to get close to the idea of heaven is right here on earth before we die...sorry, no afterlife in mellowism.

as for how i feel about people who talk about their faith, i guess i should have explained myself a little better. people who are religious are fine with me. both my parents are very devout catholics, but they are open-minded enough NOT to force their beliefs on anyone, not even their own children. sure they tell us how much it means to them but it ends there. that's what is called respecting another person's beliefs.

now the religious people who piss me off are the ones who think their religion is the right one so they think the laws of our government should follow the laws of their religion...could someone remind me what century this is? it is wrong to force your beliefs on others and/or deny others because they don't share your beliefs. imho the bush admin and their supporters are trying to push their idea of christian beliefs on the entire nation.

14. MellowDood

MellowDood weed eater

"How can we be so naive as to think we're somehow above that?"

naive or pompous :ponder:

15. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

'Graham' crackers? :ponder:

16. Dazechain

Dazechain Cured Fat Sticky Bud

Amazing what a little *bump* will do...oh...I'm sorry...didn't mean to interrupt this heavy religious discussion...hey 'Erb...possibly talk ya' outa one of them thar graham crackers...lol...oh, and in case anyone is wonderin'...crow tastes kinda like chicken...DC

17. nobogart

It is still a majority rule more people voted for bush than against him that’s how we do it here. Would you have it some other way? And why are people who believe differently than you somehow inferior? Aren’t you being pompous? In you’re own judgment you are smarter than they? Does that make you better? So maybe you should choose for everyone? What would you have? the people chose would you rather choose for them what gives? Please do respond.

18. ripright

Believe me, I get as pissed as all of you when I hear a "christian" trying to judge someone else. I have them in my family. I don't really see what the problem is with religon in school. It's not really doing any harm. Is it? If a couple christian children and a couple christian teachers want to pray before school, then why stop them??? Of course it shouldnt' be forced on anyone, but all I hear is athists bitching about the use of the word "god" in things like the pledge, and state seals. If you don't want to say "god" during the pledge, then don't. Who gives a ****??? Why make the religous people stop???

19. SFC

SFC Latae Sententiae Excommunication

Call me ignorant, but when exactly did the president force his religion down your throat? Or anyone else's ?

20. ripright

I don't really think the President has forced his religon on anyone. He's mentioned it quite often, but I wasn't talking about the president when refering to christian people forcing their religon on other people.