my new clones

Discussion in 'The Growkind Gallery' started by carly22, Aug 20, 2006.

1. plastik

plastik Tomato Farmer

yes, I predict a very good harvest.

2. carly22

carly22 Developed Alternating Nodes

thanks again guys and yeah skunky you know i studied that k2 video ha ha... definitely paid off for me so far and of course having people like you to help me understand this stuff.....

i turned off the hps just a for a min so i could use the regular room light to take a few pics... in this light you can see so many bud sites, its awesome :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. trillions of atoms

trillions of atoms Latae Sententiae Excommunication

carly

they look great baby!!!!!!:punk: :punk: :punk:

4. carly22

thanks trill. they do look good, dont they?

too bad they have spider mites.

5. SMARMY

SMARMY Cuban Bee

Very impressive for your 1st grow:icon_bounce:

6. CanadianDAN

CanadianDAN Summer Greenthumb

Looks very nice indeed.

My outdoor grow i just had had mites as well. Its first successful grow as well so i didnt know what to do, i just left em.

The only problem i could see that they caused was when i brought all the branches inside for trimming, they were falling all over the table and skampering away. Little fucks.

Anyways nice grow, "im jealous"...my first attempt at indoors was a failure due to improper flushing. good luck.....

GOOD JOB!!!!!! :)

7. greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny Excommunicated

8. carly22

thanks canadiandan.. and u have made me feel a lot better about them having spider mites. i was worried they would make the bud unsmokable or something. btw, what happened with your 'improper flushing'? perhaps i can learn from your experience.

and thanks greenthumbdanny as well. rock on! ha ha :punk:

9. skunky

skunky labor smoke'n lumberjack

Man those pics just make me smile great job! Just curious how much money did you end up tieing up into that setup anyway, minus your seed or clone cost?

10. wawona

wawona The Trichome Connoisseur

you still have those mites???? i thought you took care of that???? You'll have them for a long time if they are allowed to live in a garden that size. very hard to control with that much room to hide.

not trying to freak you out, but i would hate to see all of your hard work go for nill.

If you have them bad enough you WILL notice it in the smoke. no doubt. not sure how bad dan's mites were, but they leave webs behind and they live in/on the bud you are gonna smoke. they don't die when you harvest. this i know. i lost several plants to mites that were 5 weeks into flower once. there was no way i was gonna smoke something that had thousand of tiny insects, their webs, eggs and excrements on it.

11. Randy High

Randy High Organic Alumni

Would yellow sticky traps help at this point?

I assume that yellow is the right color. There are blue sticky traps as well.

12. skunky

skunky labor smoke'n lumberjack

What about sulfur? thats what i always used i know it would be hard to brush all those plants but since your still kinda early in flower I know Herb talked about this once and recommended some type of spray but i believe he instructed some type of dilution cause it comes a little to strong, but shoot him a pm and ask him about it he would be able to tell you about it for sure. i think it was garden safe 3 in 1, if i remember correctly.

13. trillions of atoms

trillions of atoms Latae Sententiae Excommunication

neem oil? maybe a sulfer burner.....i wouldnt dust them.

how far are you in>? when did they get infected?

14. CanadianDAN

CanadianDAN Summer Greenthumb

Being im not %100 into the growing thing yet and it was my first outdoor crop, the little bugs werent mites i just looked it up on the internet. The bugs that fell outta my bush were a little too big to be mites. I was under the impression mites were the size of a tick. But i guess theyre much smaller right? Little black dots?

And my improper flush carly, led to my weed not staying lit, having a shitty taste, and black charcoal ashes instead of light flakes of grey. Its just from using too much ferts and not flushing it all out with enough water in the last 2 weeks.

Luckily it was just one small plant....and i didnt fuck up a huge crop.

[​IMG]

15. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

The sulphur is for powdery mildew Skunky. I've never had mites so I have no clue how to rid a plant of them other than with insecticides of some sort.

16. bubblegump

bubblegump Latae Sententiae Excommunication

:qbluewacko: :

17. carly22

wow guys thanks for all chiming in here to help out.

wawona, i never actually said i got 'rid' of them, just that i thought i had them under control. i've been spraying with end-all since they were little clones in a humidity dome. (to answer trill's question the mites first appeared when they were like 12 days old, shortly after the first roots appeared) i really thought i would have got them in that environment but i guess i failed. i used that fogger for the room as well. then after transplanting i continued to spray like every 3 days. after the first few weeks, i kinda forgot about them. i slacked off basically, which was a huge mistake. now i am into the 4th week of flowering and they can be seen even on the underside of the fan leaves at the very top of the plant. and the leaves they attack look so ugly now with all those little yellow spots. man, what a downer.

someone on hg420 suggested seaweed. or seaweed extract oil or something. anyone have experience with this?

and no pest strips, is it ok to use 4th week of flowering? i was all set to buy em and then someone told me it was bad.. everyone has a different opinion.. but i'm definitely leaning towards these two methods.

i'll keep you guys posted... hopefully i wont be smokin mite covered weed... thanks again for the help.

18. Mr. Wakenbake

Mr. Wakenbake Latae Sententiae Excommunication

FYI sulphur is for way more than just controlling the mildew.!

you should of done what i told you to do in the first place carly and just dust the plants with garden sulphur...and mix it in a solution and spray it around the edges of the room to keep them buggers at bay..

It's the easiest solution for a small garden ...and it truly does keep them off for up to a month or more at a time..which most people reapply the sulphur every couple weeks...

by the way it's not too late to use sulphur..just keep as much as possible of it away from your buds, and stop using it the last week before flower and it will be gravy...all the sprays claim to do what the sulphur actually does..but the sulphur just requires more work.

CanadianDan- sounds to me like it jsut hasn't been cured properly man...all those symptoms sound like they need a couple months in the jars:punk:

19. wawona

wawona The Trichome Connoisseur

:eusa_naughty:

they will ruin a plant before you can bat an eye. :5headache:

IMO it would be a bad idea to spray/place anything on the buds NOW. I mean you have to smoke what you put on them from this point on. the mites live on your buds just like they are living on your leaves, so its gonna very be hard, if not impossible, to get rid of them by just putting stuff on the leaves. not to mention it would be very hard to get stuff on the leaves and not on the buds.

it is gonna be very difficult to control mites at this point in a garden that size where the plants are tight together like that.

good luck!

20. Mr. Wakenbake

Mr. Wakenbake Latae Sententiae Excommunication

sulphur can be used almost till the end..but before harvest you generally have to mist your plants to get rid of most of the excess sulphur..a paintbrush and a bag of sulphur would do you some good...

Dust it on the underside and top sides of the leaves..keep it away from buds as much as possible...I had to buy a bag for a pest problem for one short lived grow that included mites...and the sulphur will knock em down....