N FL Fair Sucks

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by ShadowWarrior, Nov 6, 2012.

1. ShadowWarrior

ShadowWarrior In The Spirit Realm

So today we went to the fair. And it sucks. Not many exhibits and most of those that were there were only quilts and knitted blankets. Some kiddy drawings and some photography. Very few were actually worth looking at.

The same county-based exhibits as last year. Practically NO live-stock.. for a primarily farming region, aside from the colleges, I mean Florida in general, this was a major disapointment to me. There was, however a petting-zoo sort of thing set up, as usual. Bunch of greedy pygmy goats, a couple of camels and some exotic cattle. Nothing really special, though.

The actual live-stock section only contained two cows and two pigs this year. Last year it was full of starved looking cows that weren't even full grown and most of them looked starved. So in a sense, this year might've actually been an improvement as the only 4 animals present were all healthy and appeared ready for slaughter.

We bought some honey that is claimed to be 'home-made'... uh huh.

Most of the 'stuff' booths are Asians selling really cheap shit for WAAAY too much, though I found some Mexicans pretending be Native Americans from the Miccosukee tribe.. who speak perfect Spanish and have Mexican accents...I bought a ridiculous dream-catcher for 20$ from them loaded with chicken feathers. I'll probably replace them with hawk feathers at some point just so it looks more respectable.

We each ate about 1 million calories worth of some amazing corn dogs, a giant elephant ear suffocated in powdered sugar and cinnamon, fried cheese cake, huge hot pretzel, Kosmic ice(basically Italian ice/ice cream with neon colors), and shitty gyros from a girl with some serious eye-twitch.

There used to be an old Greek guy who sold gyros with any kind of meat imaginable from lamb, to beef, to chicken, ostrich or camel and they were fucking amazing... but he's been replaced by this knock-off over-priced garbage. But it was the healthiest thing there and until I was full, it was acceptable.

We managed to not get suckered into playing any games as last year my girl dropped 40$ for me to 'win' a little purple dog type thing at a 'guaranteed win' dart throwing booth.. rip off.

And after all of that we came home and had some wine and hard Cider.. so right about now I'm feeling pretty goddamn sick and my diet has just been totally wrecked.

In short, the fair has become one major rip-off and heart-attack factory.

Party on folks.:bong-2:

2. dlr42

dlr42 King of GrowKind

I go to the fair every year. You and I are in the same general area. And yes the fair has been sucking more and more every year. I will avoid the food as much as possible. Except for the funnel cakes, love those.

Peace....