Newbie Here! Should I buy or build a grow tent/room?

Discussion in 'Outdoor Cultivation' started by Schmokin, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Schmokin

Schmokin Germinating

I created this account just to ask this! I live in Washington state and am deciding to go bigger with my grow. Based on your prior experiences, is it better to build or buy a grow tent? I would love some answers!

If you built one, how long did it take you to build?

If you bought one, where did you buy one?

Why did you decide one over the other?

I looked in to a few (money isn't really an issue) and I'm thinking about buying but I would love some input first. I was looking at a WeatherPort grow tent. If anyone ha any experience with them, I would appreciate some feedback about them.

Thanks and happy growing.

2. Bigbud214

Bigbud214 Ganja Guru Extreme

Building allows you to customize the space to your needs. Buying a tent is convenient also portable

3. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

Where I live heat is a major factor to build your own, you can insulate your own build better than a tent. If space or heat is not a issue, tents are nice. Building you own can be fun or a pain in the ass if you dont have the right tools or imagination.

4. Schmokin

Schmokin Germinating

Haha. Yeah building would probably be more of a pain than something fun for me.

5. sallyskims

sallyskims Germinating

I would also build. It's a lot easier to give your plants attention if you can easily get around them and not have a couple jammed into the back of a tent.

6. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

When bulding your own, the sky is the limit of stuff you can do. I love bulding my own stuff, just alot of cursing that goes with it. :smokin:

7. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

I've built all my own shit. Many times I've wished I'd just bought something instead. Just sayin'.:redbong:

8. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

based off this buy, i think building is better option for most, but if you aren't that kinda guy purchase something.

remember when buying to think about future problems, do you have enough vents, can you fit a fan or two, humidity, can you run dehumifier if need be

plan ahead for small issues

9. bigbudztoo

bigbudztoo growin the good stuff

I have a tent in my grow room that I use for Veg. Separate tables in the same room for flower. Get both going, fire up some clones, and you can harvest about as much as your ambition aims for. More often.

Good luck and welcome aboard:thumbsup:

10. AlienBait

AlienBait Custom User Title

Poke some holes in a cardboard box and call it a day!

Oh, you said that money is not an issue? In that case, pay some one to build you up a nice grow room.

I think the first question is, how much (quantity) do you want to grow? Enough just for your self? How much do you use?

Welcome to the board. :thumbs-up:

11. Schmokin

Schmokin Germinating

Haha! Best advice. Thanks for the welcome!

I live in Washington so everything is pretty lax. I want to grow a good amount. I've done some guerrilla growing but wanted to get my own thing going.

Thanks for the advice all. Still deciding :icon_confused: