Ognennyy's New Growroom Jackberry

Discussion in 'Grow Log Forum' started by Ognennyy, Nov 18, 2011.

1. ShadowWarrior

ShadowWarrior In The Spirit Realm

:flipando: those are some very fine looking plants. wow

2. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

3. Ognennyy

Ognennyy Begun Flowering

Thank you all for the kind words. Nothing beats the encouragement that this site's community provides and I mean that.

Link and Ras I have no prob with sending a pic to the breeder, especially not a very stand-up dude like Sannie. Perhaps I should wait until right before chop to get a pic of maximum size? Or do ya'll think just send this one?

4. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

You could always wait and take some right before harvest and compare to the previous ones. I LOVE that picture though. It doesn't get much prettier than that. :passsit:

5. Ognennyy

Ognennyy Begun Flowering

Uhoh....

I think I have some nanners :-( Going to take pics now to ask for confirmation. And the worst part, some nanners are on that purple one that we're all so in love with Admin lynching

6. Ognennyy

Ognennyy Begun Flowering

Gggrrrr

I'm not sure why I even went to the trouble of taking and posting these pics. It's pretty obvious I fucked myself.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last night I put in some late-game pruning. Obviously I got excessive with taking off popcorn buds. Half of the ladies grew nanners overnight.... Anyway, lesson learned. Gotta plan the pruning better next time. Where do I go from here? What are my options? :wtf?:

Can I not just let them go another ten days or so? I'd love to water them tonight and let em go at least another week. No way in hell in seven days time my flowers will be straight laden with hard, mature seeds. I can tolerate a few here and there if it means some more weight.

Further, most of the pistils are still pretty clear / milky. I hate head highs. I wanna let em get as amber as possible.

7. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

The last time that happened to me I misted down the buds with a sprayer using water only. The water knocks out the pollen. I misted once a week until 3 weeks till harvest, I had no seeds, and I kept ventilation on the whole time.

:redbong:

8. Ognennyy

Ognennyy Begun Flowering

Wow good idea

I've heard that it doesn't take much humidity to destroy pollen spores. That's a good call. I'll probably pull em in a week from today, maybe 10 days or so. you think mist tonight and don't mist again til next monday? Will it hurt the buds and / or their quality to mist more often to be sure?

In case more spraying makes mold a concern... the 6" inline runs 24/7, there's a box fan in there, and 2 small mini-fans blowing up through the undergrowth.

9. Ognennyy

Ognennyy Begun Flowering

I stand corrected

I saved all the popcorn buds I pruned last night, and let em dry overnight. Was goin to fire one up a few mins ago and I'll be a mother fucker... found more developed nanners on them. So I was wrong. My pruning didn't trigger it. I wonder what did.

30% change in humidity... can that cause hermie?

10. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

Damn man that just sucks.. I'm sorry I don't have any advice to offer so I'll just pass some possive thoughts your way. If they're that sensitive to their enviroment, maybe It's a good thing I only have one to worry about.

Good luck brother

11. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

When I mist them I mist the buds till they are dripping wett. Then I let them go a week and mist the buds again till wett. Not the rest of the plant, just the buds only. With your fans they should dry out no problem. I wouldn't mist more than once a weeks that heavy though.

12. Ognennyy

Ognennyy Begun Flowering

Ty sir!

Bossman, thank you very sincerely. You've saved me a few hours sleep and some blood pressure this evening with your clutch help!!!

Ducgoose ty too brother. Right about now the high from the popcorn buds is kickin in (which is at least as good as the last bag I bought) and I believe the positive mental energy will get here to my babies!

:passsit:

13. Bigbud214

Bigbud214 Ganja Guru Extreme

Yup that pic is a winner. Hope its not a calender entry lol.

14. Bigbud214

Bigbud214 Ganja Guru Extreme

Sorry about the nanner issue OG. Hope it doesnt kill ya too bad

15. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

Water will stop the pollen. Do you have any light leaks that you possibly dont know about??? i DONT think they are genetically inclined to hermy so this must be stress releated in some way. Sannie runs strains pretty thorough in that regard.

If I was going to leave them in the grow I would hit em with Dutch Masters Penetrator and Reverse. A lot of the time it will stop the nanners completely if its not a genetic thing.

t6

16. Ognennyy

Ognennyy Begun Flowering

Light leaks under the door to the room, and in through one of the intake vents. I only assume they leak because I see light leaking out during lights on, even though it's hard to assume that 60w incandescents do the same thing as a 600w hps.

Before the next grow I'll be sure to light proof.

17. Ognennyy

Ognennyy Begun Flowering

It wasn't going to be. I was going to wait til right before harvest and take more pictures. But it may well get submitted now cuz I don't wanna submit cock&ballsy pics.

HAHAHAHAHAHHAA the auto spellcheck thing didn't underline cock&ballsy :roffl:

18. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

You can submit it now and later if want as long as its a differant picture both times.

That ones a cantadate for reverse I would spray the hell out of that .

I have had huge bagseed plants before that were covered with nanners and it knocked the shit out of them and they disappeared.

t6

19. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

T6,

Revers sounds like something one should have on hand for just such an occasion. Is there a product name that goes along with "reverse" or a preferred vendor?

OG, the way I check for light leaks it to step inside the room with all the interior lights off and as many exterior lights on as would normally be on. If you can see you hand in front of your face, you've got a leak. It should be as black as Al Jolson was on stage.:thumbsup:

20. link420

link420 Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

motherfucking ball action!! I feel your pain bro, it sucks :BangHead: