Oh The Irony

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by blazerwill420, Nov 1, 2016.

1. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

This sucked big fat donkey dicks having to vote no on legalization but I just cannot support this poorly written piece of junk.

p64.jpg

2. greenthumbwhitethumb

greenthumbwhitethumb down w the moral majority

Yup. If my fuzzy memory serves, my old shithole of a state of Idaho threw up some stupid bullshit medical plan that was so fucking laced tight and restrictive and ridiculous that I would have voted against as well. Even where I'm at now with legal medical, it's stifling as fuck. It's hard to say whether it's good or bad that it got passed, because it's so highly regulated and restricted. And the stupidest SHIT. In NY, only edibles are legal. Because they think those are more controllable and less harmful. Um..... I don't give a fuck who you are, you can most certainly eat too much and bad things happen, vs smoking it. Ugh.

I need that old :bangshead: emoji.

3. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

Yep, everyone including me was almost fooled two years ago on our vote, its back this year somewhat different but still only 6 growers in the state will make growing cash and no pot shops like other states. And you'll have to be close to death to get amything just about for most. But I figure it may lead to Rec in two years if voted in here and we see what happened with the black market in other rec states, everyone is making morgage payments because the broke and cheep folks like me dont want to pay $20-$25+ per gram at the shops when us home growers got just as good for 1/2 or even cheeper the price.

Its a good stand you make to get the wording changed, if the word gets out it will change next time prob. This is your second vote in 4 years also?

4. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

I had to do it last year myself, it hurts but we got a better shittier law in its place, but a fixable law.

Good luck, hows the polling out there

5. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

Fuck it, I had a big long screed written, I'll just get right to the point. I don't like this law because it's business model is written in such a way as to give a select few (read those with mega dollars) control over the industry. Once that happens, any good business manager does everything they can to protect, maintain and better their market share. There is nothing inherently wrong with that pers se, except that a lot of good people are going to be shut out because of it.

Regardless if this law passes or not I'll just keep doing what I have been doing because as it stands now it's been 100% illegal to grow outside here for two years now and it seems that selective enforcement is the order of the day. Unless you're a gang banger or a cartel grower they pretty much leave you alone. Se La Vie!

6. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

That's what got passed here. One current provider, only four to be licensed. Oils only. Fucking nutballs is what it is. In the mean time Law Enforcement tacks on some bonus cash to the bill for "increased training and drug enforcement." We all know what that means. The blue pigs got paid off and given increased funding to bust cats like me in exchange for one rich fuck to be the only legal concentrate provider in the State. Bull-fucking-shit.

Bad law is worse than status quo. It gives cover to politicians whose constituency wants cannabis laws to change. They can point to legislation they voted for and their idiot uninformed voters don't realize it's a bullshit law. All content in the fact that status quo has largely been preserved and suburbanite airheads can rest easy in the illusion that their guy is one of the good ones. Then it takes years to once again build the groundswell of support (and dollars) to rectify bad law that never should have been supported in the first place.

blazerwill420 likes this.
  7. ResinRubber

Thought you might find this interesting.

8. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

Each county can ban pot already, and this law includes that provision again, which means this law is bullshit. What good is it if they legalize it but ban it in your county? Your vote does not count!

9. skunky

skunky labor smoke'n lumberjack

Is that your main or only complaint? Alcohol is handled the same way. Some places can be dry while others have liquor stores galore. I would be 100% fine with that. To be quite honest I feel my vote means more on the local level than state or federal. I would think those decisions would be made by the local registered voters in those counties. Unless there is some written provision that states otherwise. Like cell phone bans, speed limit changes within city limits, indoor smoking bans, etc.

10. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

The bans you mentioned are to the benefit of everyone, this law is not. And alcohol is not handled in the same way. Try to make everclear in your garage, the Feds can come after you for that. I've lived in dry counties, I've driven from Ok to Tx just to get something other than 3.2 beer (we sold the hell out of that). In some states where weed is legal people are actually talking about restricting the amount of thc in weed. What the actual fuck? I don't want to smoke "3.2" weed.

My main beef though is that we already have prop 215 and it already allows each county to ban any part of weed. i.e. dispensaries etc. This bill does just that but it's being sold as legalization and these dumb asses are buying it. You aren't half pregnant, you either are or you're not. All outdoor growing is banned in my county now so a yes vote does nothing to advance my position. The city council may change it eventually but I am not holding my breath. Doesn't really affect me because I'm just going to keep on keepin on. There are for sure some good parts of this thing but the bad out weighs the good as far as I am concerned.

11. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

12. skunky

skunky labor smoke'n lumberjack

After looking into it more the one thing I really didn't like about it is how it's open to legislative alterations. The way it sounded it could change at whim is kinda scary and reminiscent of Washington. Hope it goes well now that it's passed.

13. ResinRubber

Good luck Ca folks. The bill seems a winner for casual users. Not so much for small time growers.

Skunky- anything short of a Constitutional Amendment, like they have in Colo, can be altered by legislation. Montana and Michigan have been batting legislative interference in cannabis laws for years. For awhile dispensaries are legal and care providers can be reasonably compensated. A few years later no dispensaries and providers are limited in comp. Then they can.....and now Montana just went back to no dispensary and no compensation.

14. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

Ca has been doing exactly this for years now. No clubs in the county but I can drive three blocks away acroos the freeway into the city and there are 2 clubs within a mile of one another. Nothing is going to change.

15. ResinRubber

It's a mirror of how many states progressed after the 21st Amendment ended Prohibition. There's still goofy places like Utah. In the 90's a guy couldn't get a beer anywhere unless they were "sponsored" by a "member" of the bar. They loosened up a little for the Olympics, but the on sale liquor laws are still a fuckin' mess. Guess we should expect the same for cannabis.

16. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

I was in Salt Lake when Loma Prieta hit here, you had to pay $5.00 to become a member of the "club" and then they only sold those small airline bottles. In Oklahoma City they had "liquor by the drink" if i recall correctly. Whatever they called it, you brought your bottle of booze in the club and gave it to the bartender. They then would charge you for the mixer and ice, you got your bottle back when you left. Not sure what you mean by on sale, here we call it off sale and it means i can go in a bar and buy a six pack of beer (not sure about hard liquor) and carry it out of the bar. When I was in Al they had drive up liquor stores, but all the counties were dry on Sunday. In Hawaii all the clubs were open at 6:00 am and closed at 4:00 am. It's going to be interesting for sure to see what happens. if my county does ever go back to allowing outdoor growing, well then look the hell out.