Pipes

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by HeadCase, Nov 19, 2007.

1. HeadCase

HeadCase Old Prick

Ok don't laugh I'm a old dude papers & corncob pipe I want a new glass pipe I saw one called a bubbler is that because you put water in it ? Any sugestion on a new pipe.

2. haha you remind me of my dad. He is the same way with zig zags and corn cob pipes. sheesh. But yeah bubblers are very nice and they do have water in them. The water acts as an ash catcher and I believe it also helps very nicely to cool down the hit

3. HeadCase

HeadCase Old Prick

Kind of a little water pipe yea I got to get one. Thanks Professor I buy papers by the case $28 .

[​IMG]

4. Chiefblood

Chiefblood Veggy Stage

Hell yea, get a glass bubbler...

5. noreastgrow

noreastgrow Super Dank Headies

bubbler's can get very very dirty & stinky. Be careful. And if u get one w. more then one filtration it can become hard to use and is a pain in the ass to clean. I might suggest a bong, they are a experience. But, what ever floats your boat. Bub's are a nice affordable way to go. If you get one post a pic!

NEG

6. Allen

Allen Humble Gardener

My bubblerNo water in it, but you get the point. :suave:

bubbler 002.jpg

/monthly_2007_11/57a6c98b3ddd7_bubbler002.jpg.b89f81fc9b56b60d95322d10f19b9063.jpg

7. AverageJoe

AverageJoe papa oom mow mow

Trippy that this just came up. I just picked up this little mini-bubbler the other day

[​IMG]

I guess I never really looked at the thing at the store.(I think maybe I might've been high at the time..:alienwink: ) How the hell you supposed to clean the ash out of the bowl? If you just suck it through, it will get nasty pretty quick. I can also tell it's gonna be a pain in the ass to keep clean. Mrs. Joe <--:bduh: likes it, but she's not the one that's gonna have to clean it. It's pretty cool, but I don't see it becoming a regular go-to piece.

Now the other piece I got the same day I'm really diggin'. :fly: Of course Mrs. Joe likes to talk her shit and says it looks like a dick :dickhead: I told her that that sounds like a hint and that she may just get to find how well this fine piece of American craftsmanship can also double as an ass dildo:pottytrain2: ...we'll see.

[​IMG]

8. HappyHappyHighGuy

HappyHappyHighGuy dreamer and misfit

Use a screen

9. AverageJoe

Yeah I suppose...it's just not the most user friendly piece in the collection that's all. :bong2:

10. troy_mccular

troy_mccular Begun Flowering

Metal and glass don't go together. For a glass pipe their is a screen that is glass and looks like a broken jack. It goes down in the bowl hole.

11. Allen

Allen Humble Gardener

The screen is a little glass flower looking thing. spikey on 3 sides. I have one here in front of me but too lazy to take a pic and post it atm. I use it in my bubbler. You just have to clean it out regularly.. Once a day at least if you're going to use it that often. plus with a bubbler and a METAL screen you can't tip it upside down or empty it out. The water will come out then. So the glass screen works great.

12. HappyHappyHighGuy

Screen

Right - you aren't supposed to use a steel/brass screen in a glass pipe.

13. AverageJoe

:sarcasm:

Then thanks for the great advice Happy :bfttt: :finger:

:poop:

14. juniorman8

juniorman8 Say it with me... Ahhhhhh

I use a screen in all my glass pipes. Brass. I tried the glass screens but didn't like them. To each his own. :)

15. hygrade

hygrade _________________________

if you want to use a metal screen in a glass pipe,(not a great idea but it works and is less of a pain in the butt to me than daisies or jacks,i always lose those damn things) try cutting a screen into fourths with some scissors,use 1 of the little triangles for a screen and poke it down lightly.after a couple of bowls the buildup will hold it in place and you can just take something and scrape it and blow it out,no tipping involved

16. HappyHappyHighGuy

You aren't supposed to use a brass/steel screen.

You are supposed to use a glass screen.

17. LionLoves420

LionLoves420 Lazy Days In The Sun

anyone know why you aren't supposed to use a metal screen in a glass bowl? I mean..I don't use screens, just wondering.

18. HappyHappyHighGuy

You can use them, but glass screens work best.

19. HeadCase

HeadCase Old Prick

I don't know why but it seems like the metal screens burn holes in them fast.

20. Resurection time! I just bought some screens for my bowl (glass), and I was just wondering are they really safe to use. I bought SS and Brass just in case? B/C I know some metals aren't safe for consumption ;)