PRESIDENT Obama!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by HappyHappyHighGuy, Nov 5, 2008.

1. ncmaineac

ncmaineac Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

forefathers-terrorists????

herb i respect you but not sure out forefathers were terrorists...like the ones i think about today anyways... it not like americans went to england and blew up big ben...we fought our battles here in america..and we didnt want to kill all the english...we wanted to be left alone....not like the terrorists that i am afraid of now when we talk about terrorism. i dont look at our fore fathers the same way..however you are correct and the problems england had with france...and we used that to our success. as for guns...we have guns to protect us from the gov not to just shoot varments with....with this all said i am a true blue libertarian ( i cant fuckin spell)lol....

2. Mermaid

Mermaid ~Sea Of Green~

Neon ^^^word^^^^

Even if he was black, does not make him African American unless you ARE BORN in Africa. Same with me, I am Irish but not born in Ireland so that does NOT make me Irish American but just an American. My mum's family are Irish American for they were not born here.

I never understood why they call themselves that if you are born here yanno? And you made a good point, he is bi-racial so why only pick one part of your heritage?? Was not just the media but everyone including Obama who made it a racial issue. I would hope we would be so over this in this day and age. America is the melting pot of all nationalities ...period.

LOL Herbs @Palin......I know she is back in Alaska and I told you that is where I felt she would serve better anywhos...hahah She was being used as you can see for the defeat of McCain for the camp is blaming her or trying too

Like what you posted which is dead on my frd....it is about them and not us. ;) You see what I see which is just more of the same coming if not worse. This man has intelligence and an ego, smooth talker and sorry will say it again. Hitler and many cult leaders were great at speaking and drawing people to them. I do hope I am wrong....I just feel this is not going to be good at all.

We need a 3rd party and someone to clean fucking house and start from scratch if we are to make it thru these difficult times. Hire people who are not politicians but intelligent in different jobs to run this country. For the people! Not for government and not to full fill their own agenda or pay back all the deals made behind closed doors.

Ok...done :)

Peace~mermaid

3. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

Nor do I think them terrorists...that's my point. However....those in power back then in merry ol' England sure thought of them as 'terrorists'. (notice I put the word in qutoes) Today the same thing occurs and (most not all) Americans eat it up. Yes...there are terrorists who are out to bring down our way of thinking, there are also people much like our forefathers who want nothing more than to be left alone to their own devices.....pass or fail. Our government places them ALL under the umbrella of 'terrorist' and that I have a problem with. It's nothing more than a mob mentallity and that serves to make things worse. Our government knows this and they use it to fuel their agenda. People need to be clear on exactly WHO they are focusing their anger on lest they condone killing men (and women) who could double as the very people who died to give us the freedom we now enjoy. My bet is most people here in this country are not willing to do the same if it means they have to get off the couch and actually participate. Much easier just to kill people in a video game. :suave:

4. big t double

big t double i finally changed this

we could roll....i believe the libertarian party is the truth and what the american people need to be looking at....lets get away from big government and bring it back to what its supposed to be, a capitalist country where the government needs only do what its employed to do in the first place, collect taxes....let the states govern themselves.

5. LionLoves420

LionLoves420 Lazy Days In The Sun

have I not been yelling libertarian this whole time.....?

6. greenmansgecko

greenmansgecko Captain cannabis

Actually its entirely true and your knowledge of history is lacking... the Battle of Saratoga was the turning point, only after we won that did the French decide to help. they waited until they were sure we could win before they helped. the French did not take the brunt of anything. I never once heard of these terrorist who fought the British? Im finding it hard to believe you would say something that was so easy to prove wrong.

7. greenmansgecko

greenmansgecko Captain cannabis

Well lets see there were like 3 thousand disputed votes. So you could say like 1 tenth of a per cent was angry over the election, how many of those liberals had guns? gee i wonder why they didn't revolt... then lets consider only 15-20 percent supported the rev war. so history teaches us guns area very important part in securing our freedom.

8. BbMinorFunk

BbMinorFunk NOT a pro

someone asked what would happen if oboma was "removed", it would go from him to the vp and if something happened there I think it would go to Pelosi the speaker of the house. Which would be horrid because pelosi is an oober bitch who licks the goat balls of satin. Did anyone else think Mccain looked relieved when Obama got it? Almost like "man fuck it i dont want to deal with this mess" Either way I really hope obama doesnt get removed because he probably isn't the worst choice. Not the best by far but not the worst.

9. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

I wanted to get my 2 cents in on the 2nd amendment and the Obama gun issues at stake,

1. Guns like the AK-47/AR-15 (Which I both own personaly) are not for hunting...correct, they are assault guns made strickly for Killing People. Sad but true.

2. Great thing is that I am allowed by my goverment to own such weapons thanks to the second amendment...ResinRubber post on it was right on fact straight from the constitution. Main reason is to protect our selves against enemies foreign and domestic, and yes even against our own goverment if we feel tyranny is at hand. God bless America! God bless everyone who's ever died fighting for the constitution!

3. The Obama gun ban issue...(this is how I see it, maybe I'm wrong?).. now after the old gun ban by Clintion was shot down by Bush in Oct 2004, the only issue at hand now is Obama putting a ban back on weapons like these as before.. The old clintion ban consist of all NEW assault guns sold to the "General Public" can only have certian options on them, such as Permant stocks instead of colaspable ones and no flash hider at the end of the barell and no Bayonet Lug on the gun to hold a bayonet, and low capacity magazines, 10 round max. You could still buy guns with the goodies as long as they were made befor the ban (Grandfather clause).... In short Obama not taking the guns away (That would never happen) just putting limits on the new ones sold.

Total bull shit if you ask me, but who am I...oh yeah...a U.S.A born red blooded Citizen.

This is how I see it, I didn't get a chance to see the whole gun policy in store, but I'm glad to have had the chance to get my weapons before all this went down AGAIN.........Remember the NRA saying "From my cold dead hands!" Proud to think off the millions who would die like those before us to keep our rights......remember what Thomas Jefferson said "You do not know you need it, untill they come to take it away" refering to the 2nd amendment.

ok, I'm done.......back to fighting illegal immigration..... :)

JCIO

10. Mermaid

Mermaid ~Sea Of Green~

Why yes you did!! One day....we can only hope! ;) :)

As for banning guns? Total BS IMO for people hunt and now with the economy, you will prolly see more hunting to put food on the table.

Not to mention, people will always get their hands on a gun and if they ban them I assure you the innocent will be victims to the bad people who will have one. They also need to have harder punishment for those caught with guns who own them illegally as well. Way I see it, no one with a mental illness should own one and anyone who wants to purchase one should have NO criminal history that involved hurting another human being and other criminal offenses where they were a danger to society.

However I wish they would do better background checks on who they issue a gun too. That alone would solve many problems and also save many lives. Plus people who own them need to practice safety and lock them up where children do not get a hold of them. I know accidents happen but usually it is when a parent does not lock them up and hide the bullets in another place which should also be locked. ;) Grew up with many many guns in my house as a kid and my father was BIG on teaching each one of us about gun safety and lemme tell ya, had we even went near the room they were locked in ....well my ass would been RED!! ;) Common sense is all you need but we have many who lack that.

Personally I do not think they will ban them but ya never know....always comes up every time a liberal gets in office.

Peace~mermaid

11. big t double

big t double i finally changed this

yes you have sir, and im with you on it.

12. HayWire

HayWire ChooferHolic

framed ? Comeon mate he killed 35 people ...

Winifred Joyce Aplin, 58

Walter John Bennett, 66

Nicole Louise Burgess, 17

Sou Leng Chung, 32

Elva Rhonda Gaylard, 48

Zoe Anne Hall, 28

Elizabeth Jayne Howard, 27

Mary Elizabeth Howard, 57

Mervyn John Howard, 55

Ronald Noel Jary, 71

Tony Vadivelu Kistan, 51

Leslie Dennis Lever, 53

Sarah Kate Loughton, 15

David Martin, 72

Noelene Joyce Martin, 69

Pauline Virjeana Masters, 49

Alannah Louise Mikac, 6

Madeline Grace Mikac, 3

Nanette Patricia Mikac, 36

Andrew Bruce Mills, 49

Peter Brenton Nash, 32

Gwenda Joan Neander, 67

Moh Yee Willing Ng, 48

Anthony Nightingale, 44

Mary Rose Nixon, 60

Glenn Roy Pears, 35

Russell James Pollard, 72

Janette Kathleen Quin, 50

Helene Maria Salzmann, 50

Robert Salzmann, 58

Kate Elizabeth Scott, 21

Kevin Vincent Sharp, 68

Raymond John Sharp, 67

Royce William Thompson, 59

Jason Bernard Winter, 29

And you think he was framed ?

Sorry but Im not trying to steal this thread ,I just cant beleive someone would call killing 35 people (framed) I might add caught red handed so to speak ... The asshole video taped his evil work ...

By No means am I trying to step on your right to bare arms either ...

13. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

All hail to the Chief... the benevolent emporer obama!

...:puke:

AINT THAT THE TRUTH^^^^^^^:eusa_clap: There aint no winners but i gotta agree that if mc caine had won with Palin at his side i think America would be in even worse trouble...the world even:eek:

Palins gonna try position herself nicely for 2012 with jeb bush on the ticket i reckon,stranger shit has heppened! I gotta say and i dont know if y'all in america are realising this but EVERY single country in the world(well all the newspapers and media from every nation:rolleyes:) seems to be lapping up Obama and his victory,ppl are going into hyperbole,its crazy...

I mean,the guy i GUESS can remind some ppl of JFK but i think far too many comparisions are being made between him and JFK...lets hope thats where they end though eh ppl?:gat::eek:

I see hes gonna bring two of the Kennedy clan into the new administration maybe and i see him surrounding himself with the EXACT SAME cronies that Hillary would have surrounded herself with,hes gonna toe the party line and hence the puppeteer is still pulling the strings:angry7:... but credit to the guy for overcoming what he did in the campaign and for giving it his all to win but lets be honest there wasnt a credible challenge from McCaine IMO....

Soooo lets keep a diary thread i reckon of all his pledges and see how many he keeps and breaks,keep tabs on him so to speak... i remember dubya was on holiday for 8 months out of his 1st year so lets keep a close eye on the guy and for the time being enjoy the 'feel good factor' that seems to have dominated the news and media and enjoy the honeymoon period while it lasts....

#

COS PREZ OBAMA IS GONNA HAVE TO HIT THE GROUND RUNNING,NO HONEYMOON PERIOD FOR HIM COS HES GONNA HAVE TO DIVE STRAIGHT INTO THE ECONOCMIC CRISIS ...I SEE THE UK PRIME MINISTER AND HIM ARE ALREADY IN TALKS AND AS USUAL THE UK P.M WILL BE THE 1ST FOREIGN NATIONAL TO MEET THE NEW PRESIDENT...GORDON BROWN IS A DICK IN ALOT OF WAYS BUT HE RAN OUR ECONOMY THROUGH THE 90'S AND TILL YEAR AGO FOR 11 YEARS SO HE KNOWS HOW TO ADVISE OBAMA FROM A WORLD POINT OF VIEW,HE WAS AFTERALL BEING LINED UP TO RUN THE I.M.F. BEFORE HE BECAME P.M

Its gonna be interesting to see the new face of america at work,one things for sure,it feels or seems as if all the bad feeling from other nations worldwide seems to have vanished overnight just cos america now have a half knyan ,indonesian raised president,in all honesty i was never a supporter of obama per se.... i just wanted the republicans purged from the whitehouse and couldnt stand the idea of 4 more years of them fuckin up the world,just my :2c: though remember.Peace:ebert::jj:

14. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

Lions been praising the Libertarians for AGES true enough...

Tis true,Lion showed me the path to the Libertarians:icon_salut: These guys have some great ideas,they may not be original....

......but they ARE the ideas of the very wise and politically astute men who came up with the concept of an american republic... yup them guys y'all call the founding fathers:sign13: ....WHY not base your political ideals on the very ppl who brought america into being and who i dare say would be appallled at the state of affairs nowadays regarding many things but i reckon stuff like the PA.T.R.I.O.T Act would piss them of big time cos they werent big on the whole idea of massive central govt were they:ponder:

The Libertarians are a worthy outfit and its just a shame that ppl in America feel compelled to buy into the 2 party system,there should be a revolt against that shit man:angry7: But hell yeah it (election) sure was just as good as X FACTOR(our simon cowell UK version of A/Idol:tvlaugh:) if not better! The whole world seems to have gotten a boost from Obama winning,they were cleberating in the UK,Europe,Asia and the middle east...all over the world they were cleberating... Obama becoming President is a bigger deal than id actually ever given it credit for,im surprised to saee the global reaction being so massive TBH...but lets see his ACTIONS cos we have all heard enough of his WORDS...time for him to do some real talkin with his huge majority in the senate/house,etc... he can walk ANY policy through practically.Peace:ebert:

PS: DOES ANYONE KNOW IF COMEDIAN AL FRAnken WON HIS ELECTION HE WAS INVO,LVED IN ... I THINK IT WAS IN MINNESOTA:ponder:

15. nikoatnight

nikoatnight Full Flowering

Watch and seeeeeeeee for me! Like I said before same deck different card!

16. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

the terrorists/revolutionaries were brits fighting against brits essentially IMHO..

The thing i think most ppl forget is that although the american revolutionaries defeated the brits,the majority of the rebels were either ex british army or ppl who had either emigrated to the colonies and had kids there in the new world... essentially ,the revolution was not a nation against another,it was brits turned americans either by choice or by birth or simply due to the belief in the founding principles of the declaration of independance... it was brits and their desendants rebelling against their own monarch who had treated many of them so badly back in britain aswell as now trying to impose unfair levys and taxes on them in the colonies that the brits fought so hard to build.... the rebel brits decided to make america their own and NOT a possesion of the UK monarchy or part of the empire...

Of course it wasnt JUST brits but mainly brits or descendants of original colony settlers,etc.... Thats why america and the UK have a "special relationship"... although i do know that benjamin franklin spent a lot of time in europe particually France and thats where they got a LOT of ideas from although the declaration of indepandance was based on the scottish declaration of arbroath in the 1300's... plus there was a scotsman who signed it:icon_wink: Cant remeber his name...was it john adams:ponder:Peace:ebert:

17. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

I for one value our relationship with England.......together we are a hard team to beat! Just like it always goes, once we all fought, and now were best friends till the end. I hope like hell Obama will keep the good tie's going.

18. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

Its gonna take a decade to fix the global economy at LEAST IMHO!

Totally agree with that Herb,in fact the mess that the world economy is in right now simply CANNOT be fixed in a mere 4 years,hell even 2 terms in office wont stop the problem,im afrAid this recession/depression worldwide is here to stay,lets just hope Obama has some fiscal responsibility...

BTW Herb VERY interesting article on Obama,id read summit similar myself and it does seem very plausible...America was in a lose lose situation cos as i said a long time ago before he got elected,him and mc caine are the best out of a bad lot and as dazechain had said,that just aint right,i believe he called it bullshit,lol,its true though,WHY should ppl be forced to vote for two ppl neither of whom they want in power?On that note though,im not gonna judge Obama by what i hear cos theres soooo many conflicting stories on him,hes talked the talk now lets see him walk the walk,i'll be looking on with anticipation...along with the rest of the world...but STILL,im soooooo glad that the republicans have been wiped out,lets see who obama appoints to the courts and defence,etc... Id heard he had two Kennedys lined up and maybe even colin powell for defence but at 71 i think being a moderate republican that Powell might just have to refuse but what a coup for Obama if he got him on his dream team:rolleyes::5sigh:

Obamas administrtion/govt will be the exact same ppl as hillary clinton would have appointed,the democrats were in a win win this time round cos if obama didnt get the ticket then hillary would have and either w2ay the republicans were always gonna lose their power..thankfully:eusa_pray:...Let the presidential merry gop round begin,its gonna be interesting to see obama walk the walk cos he sure has talked a lotta talk,lol.Peace:potleaf:

19. Administrator

The French had their own war going with England at the same time, but they were not directly helping us until that turning point...that I agree with. However...you're taking my words out of context. My point is that without French help we would have had our butts handed to us. There is no way in hell we would have won the war without the french taking the brunt. That's fact...my history does not lack...sorry.

As for not hearing about these 'terrorists'....come on dude. The British were frazzeled to no end by the colonists. My meaning is that in today's terms they too would have had the label 'terrorist' applied to them much as many do in other countries where we are fighting today. If you wish to split hairs then please do so with someone else, but please don't try and twist my words to make ME look a fool...I'm far from it. I've been studying history for a long time now...thanks.

20. Administrator

You need to look up some more info on the voter fraud that actually took place in the 2000 and 2004 elections. :)

Also...I'm not saying guns aren't important...I'm saying that people's state of mind is MORE important. In order to secure our 'vote' people need to stand up...guns can't do so on their own. Again...I ask that you stop twisting my words to fit your 'spin' on things. That only tells me that you have nothing to debate with. :suave: