Raise your hand if Mary Jane is your savior

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by HappyHappyHighGuy, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

I respect your post and agree with you wholeheartedly Resin, but I have to say that just because MJ isn't your savior doesn't mean it hasn't been so for others. That's not something you can decide for any of us who feel it has saved us. What exactly is the definition of a savior if not something that saves us? I won't say MJ is everyone's savior...hell for some it's not even something they should use in their lives, but there are some of us who walk a different path today because it came into our lives. In my case...it saved me from becoming someone I didn't wish to become. I only ask that you respect that for me.

2. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

I've never refered to JESUS as my Savior, but...

I'll admit, I beleive JESUS is my Savior(I go the Church regularly, but I'm no zealot!), but MJ has been 'A' Savior!!!

3. EvilSkuzzi

EvilSkuzzi Sweet Guy

Herb, resin is right!

Anyone who come through shit in their life and got through it wins! God didnt do it for them and neither did allha.

Saviour to me sounds like divine. It wasnt divie it was the ppl themselves. They just used weed as a tool to help them sort their shit.

4. Administrator

The first definition is what I'm referring to in my life. It has nothing to do with the divinity of anything......that's saved for the second definition from the looks of it.

5. HappyHappyHighGuy

HappyHappyHighGuy dreamer and misfit

This thread is NOT about religion

And MaryJane can be your salvation...

sal·va·tion

n.

1. the act of preserving someone or something from harm

2. a person or thing that preserves from harm

6. PutTheKnivesOn

PutTheKnivesOn Superspartaaaaa

I believe ive missed opportunities in my life due to weed, certainly wouldnt consider it as a saviour. Dont get me wrong, of course i like weed, but to think that its enhanced my life i would have to say no.

7. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Far be for me to pick a fight with a mod who has enough Karma to blast me back to the stone-age! :smokin: :smokin: :eusa_shifty:

Herb,

You are right. You too HHHG. I consider myself soundly chastised for the projection of my spiritual beliefs, considerations or bias' upon you all. (Tongue firmly planted in my cheek) :) :)

Perhaps some insight into my perspective, and thereby my bias, could help. Thomas Jefferson once equated God to a blind watchmaker. Who, once he was done with his creation set it upon shelf to be forgotten. Left alone to run by the rules and schedule he had created for it. This pretty well approximates my belief.

Obviously this leaves little room for "saviors" in the biblical sense. But I do understand where your coming from.

cheers,

8. Administrator

It's all good Resin. I just didn't wish to be lumped into a box with everyone else when each of us has our own experience with the herb. I beleive that was the topic here....whether or not it's been a savior to us. In my life it has been. That's not to say it has been for everyone else though. Most likely I woulda killed my ex wife had it not been for the herb....and that's no bull. The woman was a bitch thru and thru. :laughing5:

9. SidVicious

SidVicious Developed Alternating Nodes

This one says it for me too. I had to quit drinking last year. I was at death's door because of that shit, seriously (bad year. Three peeps close to me died. Was drinkin a quart of vodka a day, etc) I had always smoked a little and knew to avoid other stuff that would hook me and kill me. Now I smoke every day. Not too much, but every day. It helps keep all those other heebie-jeebies away. Man the other night I made myself the best dope cocktail: A bowl of "Snow Fruit" with a pinch of "O.G.Kush" bubble on top. Three hits and I was in heaven, smiling at nothing at all.

10. Administrator

Man after my own heart. :ebert:

I had a serious battle with alcohol when I was much younger. If was safe to call me a serious drunk before I ever turned 21. In my years I've given up both alcohol and cigs cold turkey.....the only thing that got my thru in both cases was the herb. I've since learned that 'all in moderation' is a good thing, but I still won't smoke cigs. Done with that for good. :pottytrain1: I do smoke herb daily though...just not as much as some might think. It doesn't take much to get my head right and that's all I need now.