Refresh my memory - seeds!

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by greenthumbwhitethumb, Dec 27, 2016.

1. greenthumbwhitethumb

greenthumbwhitethumb down w the moral majority

Ok, I've got all my beans just sprouted (wet paper towel on top of a warm appliance, ftw...)

Can I throw those things straight into perlite? I only have that, and some soil (Happy Frog....)

I plan on growing hempy.

**Also, very important!! I am extraordinarily broke right now. I reeeeeally can't afford to buy any other growing medium. Please help me work with what I've got for now!

Please and thanks!

GTWT

2. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

You can if it's big enough, like tall with little leaves showing and what not. Best f
    To use rapid rooter or rw so it doesn't dry out, but yes you can if you have too, just watch it and don't let it dry

3. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

I seen a guy on YouTube do it. He said he watered it 3-4 times a day for a while.

4. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

Could you use a small amount of stretched out cotton ( like a spider web) to hold it somewhat in the hempy at start? Or what about that insulation stuff thats like rockwool I think Res talked about once??? You may have some of that?

5. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Vermiculite. Holds moisture better than perlite. But that costs $17 for a bag.

6. greenthumbwhitethumb

greenthumbwhitethumb down w the moral majority

I've got some verm from the half-assed experiment with some crazy old seeds a couple months ago. Seeds died because I wasn't paying attention. Still have the cups full, it's the only vermiculite I have left in the house.

I read up on possibly sterilizing it - some sites say to wet it and bake it. Thoughts??

7. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Bake at 200F for a while. Wouldn't bother wetting it. Seems you're all set for a new round of weed growin'.

8. GrowKing

GrowKing Member

rockwool cubes for 3 bucks