running a drip for 327 plants

Discussion in 'Advanced Cultivation' started by taipau, Jul 15, 2008.

1. Nilzar

Nilzar A Fat Sticky Bud

Well I did say I would prolly make my self look like an ass by the end of this post. And well I did have no right to call anyone out on shit. The post was just really hard to understand and jumped topics quite frequently. And by the amount of the grow and questions asked... well you get the point. Well anyway sorry for my I had no right to call your thread BS and maby I was wrong maby I wasn't but still I shoudn't of said shit.

2. sectguitar

sectguitar Guest

same here man, sorry for flaming you. i just dont like to see some kid get on here and try to throw some figures around to impress anyone. we would love to see some pics of your grow. if you would be up for suggestions on this we have many to offer you. as an experienced grower i can tell you that you kind of have a lot of factors going against you in this set up, but if you are satisfied with your op than congrats man.

and again sorry for the flame, just thought i smelled something fishy:XXfart:

peace

3. Useless

Useless Diogenes Reincarnate

What nutes are you using?

What is the Ca. content in your water? Or a total ppm would fine.

What size is the main feed line? I see you have 5mm drip lines to each plant.

How big is the feed pump?

Do you have the main feed line on a loop to equalize pressure?

Aeration or circulation in the ressy? How much?

Describe the system in a bit more detail. I can help you with your problems.

Pics help a lot too. But I cant say anything about that, since I dont post pictures anymore myself.

4. nuggnester

nuggnester Pot & Poker Enthusiast

Again not accusing anyone but that was a smart post Useless...it goes without saying I guess

If she cannot answer those questions...BUSTED! HAHA:new_rainfro:

5. taipau

taipau Excommunicated

the ca is is really low cause the tap water is so soft, but I use rain water as well, and try and keep the ph around 6.71 I had it down to 5.8 but then the ec shot up to like 1.9 when i can do anything about it at all. I really need to get get a few more tools, Hence the reason of that thread, costing me a warpension. the feed line isnt 5 mm thats the line i have out of the ressy to the drip which are .25 mm only things I could get , but I will probably open it up later on and make it a 0.50mm or something similar. I use two pumps I have a sumersible 5000 litre an hour from the main res. Then I use a storm pump which will do about the same, just have to leave it outside the res.

I understand about the loop, but right now its a coupleof L shaped filters, which I made work. I know I should change that to what you said, a loop on the feed line, the pressure seems to be fine, it was clogging on over 3/4 of the feeders, which now is from the drill bit, which left excess pvc. I have cleaned those clogged up feeders now, the timer is on 5 times a day, cause I am on an 18/6 now. MY cirulation, you mean the run off to the excess res, back to the main res? its just that storm pump, pretty strong, says 5000 litre an hour. So I mean I should be ok on the pumps, and feeders, Plus I end up breaking more components then a bull in a china shop. They are so delicate. I stopped using the 2 pound hammer to make things fit.

The mains ressys go straight into the system, and the excess is pumped back into the main ressys, if I had a buddha statue I could have a great water feature. The trays are almost like a window pot I was not about to pay high dollar prices for trays when I could use the window boxes, they will hold more roots, Ie heavier plants, so I need a good amount of ec going thru those feeders. I checked it just now and my ec is now 1.7 which is ok for me. my ph is borderline 6 right now. also im in darkness too, so untill the lights come back on at midnight, my ph should stay the same, they get one feed while lights are off, then two main feeds in the first 6 hours of light, then I feed every 5 hours, the ressys are 300 litres each and I have 8 of those, but not all in use. thats just as a back up in cash I have to work on something, and need a empty res.

I hope that helped. I would like to get good at this, cause the plants are looking good, but then when I flower, I will have to chnage the EC over, and also make sure that any non soulables are not clogging up the feederes.

Thats why I asked the simple question days ago about, the nutes, I have not been up on any new nutes out, plus I knew there were people on here that had and used top shelf nutes, that dude that dissed me on the 28 years of growing, This is my 2nd try at this science, and its not as easy as it seems, I can grow the MJ in soil out the ass. I do not need any hellp on that, and if I only said one plant moron, then it would nt be accurate, you obviously did not take any science or chemistry in school, Oh what was that, oh your still in school and your taking it now in 7th grade middle school, ok I understand now. I wish I wouldj have never even posted this thread, but it sure got hte hits for three days, hope no one got offended by all those flame throwers.

at any rate I will keep doing it till i get it right or i get busted, and like you said dude, some people are just more paranoid then others.

6. taipau

taipau Excommunicated

DAMNIT i FORGOT THAT REASON i WAS EDITING WAS

i said this already I am sure of it, Nizar your a bit deaf arnt ya?" "Friendo"

i dotn see how you got 40 out of thr equasion, when I have been 49 for soem tiem now, when I reACH FIFTY i WILL DO 500 PLANTS THREE TIMES IN ONE YEAR, SO WHAT YOU THINK OF THAT JUNIOR.

Plus , since IM not swearing you shouldnt be swearing too. typically.

7. taipau

taipau Excommunicated

oh yea on the nutes

all bio bizzzz products, but I end up making my own to fit an ec that I can keep constant, which I can not, hence the only reason for this thread, who knows the lowdown on the great nutes, regardless of price, If every Person was broke on here, no one would be growing weed, so may thats why no one has bought the gold lable bees knees

8. nuggnester

wooord up dude.

9. Useless

Hey Tai,

I have never used any of the bio bizz products, so I cant comment on them. But it does seem like you are having some problems. A nutrient solution should maintain PH and EC to within about 10% of the PH and EC over the course of a week. In other words, as an example, if you start with a PH of 5.5 and an EC of 1.5, the PH should rise to no more than 6.0, and the EC should drop to no less than 1.35.

PH is effected directly by the nutrient PPM. If over the course of a week, your PPM goes up, the PH will typically drop. If the PPM goes down, the PH will rise. That is one way to gauge how well your overall nutrient solution is performing over the course of a week.

If your PH is really unstable, but the PPM's go through no major fluctuations it means the ratio of minerals in relation to each other in the solution are off.

If your PPM is rising, it means the plants are H2O at a faster rate than the nutrient suspended in it. Use a lower ratio of fertilizers and vise versa.

Your nutrient flow sounds adequate. Although I usually run a 18 mm (3/4") PVC main feed line, to 5mm (1/4" OD) hose. I dont use drip emmitters or stakes. You might try that. I do understand exactly what you mean about the PVC shavings from drilling clogging the lines. Its a real pain in the ass. I after I drill the holes I take a tap to remove the excess debris. Of course everything has to be drilled and tapped prior to assembly, so you can the bits out from the inside of the pipe. But I'm sure you have already figured that out.

I prefer GH 3 part nutrients for hydro. Been using them for about 6 years solid now. I have tried a lot of the major brands, and I am always running tests for new ones that come out. But I always go back to the GH. You can use a recipe a posted here, or the Lucas formula. Both will resolve your EC and PH issues. Cost is about $30 USD per gallon of each part, and you need 3 parts for my formula, or 2x bloom and 1 micro bottle for the Lucas formula. No other additives are required, but I do add MOAB or Bushmaster at the 5th week of flower.

When you say the tap water is soft, do you mean it is run through a water softener? Softeners are no good. But if it naturally has low Ca. you should be OK.

I hope that helps you.

10. snickelfritz

snickelfritz Weed College Hall Monitor

Ok, folks... Can we all just take a bong hit... Chill a bit & remember...

1. We're all stoners.

2. We may not always express ourselves in ways everyone can understand. What may make sense to our stoned asses as we type it may leave others saying :wtf?:

3. We may not always take what other people say in the proper context. Our responses may leave others saying :wtf?:

4. We're so paranoid, we see bullshit everywhere. :poop:

5. Some folks choose not to post pics... That's their choice.

6. If you have any doubts about any of these, please refer back to #1.

Now... Enough :buzzkill: & back to :growin:

:razz3:

11. Nilzar

Nilzar A Fat Sticky Bud

Well you said in a post, "I havnt used one light since 1980." I figured the youngest anyone could possably start growing would reasonable be 12 years old. Since 28 years has passed since 1980 I added 28 and 12 and got 40. I guess you were growing with one light at 21.

12. EvilSkuzzi

EvilSkuzzi Sweet Guy

Agh shit, does that mean i have to put my shot gun away now snickelfritz?

:angry:

13. taipau

taipau Excommunicated

yo,

better have it ready, innit

14. taipau

taipau Excommunicated

sorry dude I was born in 1959

it must have been in the late 70s, you know back in those days, thats all I could get away with, instead of using my stereo and my electric hair dryer and things, I had an extension cord, that went up to my brothers, and my tree house, and thats where we started. I was living up near the campsies back then, those are some hills near glasgow. but look how times flys, speaking of that, I must jet out of here.

oh yea, would I cause too much of a fuss if I asked what local prices are in your towns, villages, hamlets, islands, wherever you want to put, please no specifics on the location, but the grade, the weight, and the price.

I just did a henry for 40 quid, seems to be dry at the moment, and this lad just had to have it, so to speak. That would bein the UK, a henry is an eigth, like KING HENRY THE VIII. The 40 quid would be about 77.00 us dollars.

its nearly back to the 2 to 1 ratio again. Looks like Im going to have to go shopping at Barneys in New York, love that shop. Great Hats.

and shoes, you know how we love our shoes.:sign13:

15. snickelfritz

snickelfritz Weed College Hall Monitor

:rofl6:

I always keep my artillery handy...

For a "rainy day", yanno?
    :suave:

16. "The Master"

"The Master" Time Lord

Hello Taipau. Glad to see you got world class advice on the set up.

I would love to hear more about you and such. It is the dog days of summer.:bong2:

17. EvilSkuzzi

EvilSkuzzi Sweet Guy

I think its the summer holidays and someone is bored.........

18. Guerilla Family

Guerilla Family Serious Guerilla Farmer

19. nuggnester

Hey USELESS!!

I am going to keep you tabbed, like a dictionary....because that's what you are...a MJ dictionary/encyclopedia!

When the man speaks, the man fucking speaks people. Let it be known!

20. Useless

Umm, OK. LOL Thanks for the kind words dude.